Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-03-2020, 10:29 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Who will be the last retailer to shut there doors

WH Smith, Next and B&Q are among retailers to remain open

But its only a matter of time until they all shut the doors with the exception of supermarkets so who in your opinion will see it through till the very end ?

My money is on NEXT
Old 22-03-2020, 10:30 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
Burger king or KFC
Old 22-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sports Direct?

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 22-03-2020, 10:36 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Fear for the smaller clothing chains like White Stuff, Fat Face etc. If they close they are likely never re-opening. Can see the likes of Cotswold Outdoor going the same way.
Urgent Appeal on behalf of the Red & Blue Cross. Donate a week's wages by calling the CPFC Box Office before 9/11 and perhaps we can avoid the horror of a football millionaire receiving just one rather than two Range Rovers this Christmas.
Old 22-03-2020, 11:04 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Fear for the smaller clothing chains like White Stuff, Fat Face etc. If they close they are likely never re-opening. Can see the likes of Cotswold Outdoor going the same way.
1000s of small independent stores are worse off. They live out of the till and probably are sole traders so not really employees.

If rents were suspended any retailer should be able to cocoon.
Old 22-03-2020, 11:21 PM

Grey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farGrey-Eagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
WH Smith, Next and B&Q are among retailers to remain open

But its only a matter of time until they all shut the doors with the exception of supermarkets so who in your opinion will see it through till the very end ?

My money is on NEXT

LAST?
Old 22-03-2020, 11:22 PM
Gina Lollobrigida

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Where doors? There doors.
Old 22-03-2020, 11:24 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey-Eagle View Post
LAST?
Bollocks didn't read it, HA
Old 22-03-2020, 11:30 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
1000s of small independent stores are worse off. They live out of the till and probably are sole traders so not really employees.

If rents were suspended any retailer should be able to cocoon.
Business rents, accompanying service charges, and business rates need to be suspended for those not doing any business.

I have written to my landlord and management company (but not my mp) about this but not had a reply or even acknowledgement.

Not surprised by the landlord, but the management company (and I used to be on the board of it) surprises me, particularly as they have a seven figure reserve fund and aren't actually providing any services...

hey ho

In life and business you really get to see the true mettle and character of people in a crisis

I will almost certainly lose my business, and am gutted about it. This crisis has made me realise how much I like working with the team I have.

However much money I have lost, I don't have a mortgage or small kids, so my worries ultimately are way less than those whose homes are at risk and ability to look after their little ones compromised.

I have three months of cash to pay everyone. Six if my debtors all pay up - I am expecting most will not.
Old 22-03-2020, 11:37 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Sports Direct.
Old 22-03-2020, 11:40 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Sports Direct.
Interesting, if they survive they will prosper. There will be loads of bankrupt brands for Mike to buy
Old 22-03-2020, 11:49 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
aj, I’m not in the business rates area of expertise but we share a system and I’ve seen bulletins coming in all week regarding covid-19 legislation changes.

If I see anything of help that is not under press embargo, I’ll let you know.
Urgent Appeal on behalf of the Red & Blue Cross. Donate a week's wages by calling the CPFC Box Office before 9/11 and perhaps we can avoid the horror of a football millionaire receiving just one rather than two Range Rovers this Christmas.
Old 22-03-2020, 11:50 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Business rents, accompanying service charges, and business rates need to be suspended for those not doing any business.

I have written to my landlord and management company (but not my mp) about this but not had a reply or even acknowledgement.

Not surprised by the landlord, but the management company (and I used to be on the board of it) surprises me, particularly as they have a seven figure reserve fund and aren't actually providing any services...

hey ho

In life and business you really get to see the true mettle and character of people in a crisis

I will almost certainly lose my business, and am gutted about it. This crisis has made me realise how much I like working with the team I have.

However much money I have lost, I don't have a mortgage or small kids, so my worries ultimately are way less than those whose homes are at risk and ability to look after their little ones compromised.

I have three months of cash to pay everyone. Six if my debtors all pay up - I am expecting most will not.
Sorry to hear this John. Itís a shitty position to be in.

Do you mind me asking what you use a management company for?

Cricket wanker.
Old 23-03-2020, 01:47 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Rents and mirtgages are the first thing that should be suspended, for all.
Old 23-03-2020, 01:57 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Old 23-03-2020, 02:02 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Rents and mirtgages are the first thing that should be suspended, for all.
I would agree... the only way any/most restaurants are going to survive is if they are given one or two months rent relief. At least out here anyway.

I appreciate it is a trickle down effect, but I suspect the property developers/owners can bare the loss better than an Independent Restaurateur.
Old 23-03-2020, 02:05 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I would agree... the only way any/most restaurants are going to survive is if they are given one or two months rent relief. At least out here anyway.

I appreciate it is a trickle down effect, but I suspect the property developers/owners can bare the loss better than an Independent Restaurateur.
It also makes a lot of sense if you are looking to a future with covid. Having a sitting tenant is way better than trying to rent out a massive volume of empty space

EDIT: that should read without Covid. Hopefully makes more sense !

Last edited by CT_Palace; 23-03-2020 at 03:17 AM.
Old 23-03-2020, 02:08 AM
Been, Seen, Done.

palaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lots of shops closing tomorrow night, that have been preparing since Friday.
Old 23-03-2020, 02:18 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
It also makes a lot of sense if you are looking to a future with covid. Having a sitting tenant is way better than trying to rent out a massive volume of empty space
Out here at the Westfield Mall I think that is already quite evident even a year ago.

We have a Main Street here that they have been working for years to gentrify (it was almost a ghetto), and have done a good job with numerous small independent restaurants and wine bars. Loved going there. I suspect they are all in danger unless the city gives them extra relief on top of the subsidies they were already getting.
Old 23-03-2020, 06:10 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

I canít see the point of giving people and businesses money so they can give it straight to the Ďrentier classí who, letís face it, contribute pretty much feck all of value to society. In fact they are parasites and this is almost an opportunity to redress some of the wealth toward those who actively create it.

Cue Che Guevara pic from WCB.