Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
NHS Covid-19 Volunteer Sign Up Link

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Your NHS needs you! Join our team today.

NHS Volunteer Responders has been set up to support the NHS during the COVID-19 outbreak. To do this we need an 'army' of volunteers who can support the 1.5m people in England who are at most risk from the virus to stay well. Our doctors, nurses and other professionals will be able to refer people in to NHS Volunteer Responders and be confident that they have been matched with a reliable, named volunteer.

You can help by signing up for one or more of the tasks listed below. Once you have registered and checks are complete you will be provided a log-in to the GoodSAM Responder app. Switch the app to 'on duty', and you'll see live and local volunteer tasks to pick from nearby.

This programme enables volunteers to provide care or to help a vulnerable person, which is permitted under the new rules announced by the Government on 23rd March 2020. Volunteers may be asked to show the active task they are responding to if asked.

Your NHS needs you! Join our team today.

Volunteers must be 18 or over, and fit and well with no symptoms. Those in higher-risk groups (including those over 70, those who are pregnant or with underlying medical conditions) will be able to offer support by telephone.

Your safety is our priority. The majority of tasks can be undertaken while social distancing and volunteers will receive guidance through our 'getting started pack'. If you do become ill you can pause your volunteering.

Patient transport drivers will require an enhanced DBS check and will receive guidance to do this role safely, also included within the 'getting started pack'.

Last edited by MFBias; 24-03-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old 24-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
This is not the government’s volunteer scheme.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here

Last edited by MFBias; 24-03-2020 at 06:22 PM.
Old 24-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Last edited by MFBias; 24-03-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 24-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Eh? It’s right now isn’t it?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Last edited by MFBias; 24-03-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 24-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Maz, MFBias - do you guys agree that the link in the OP is the legitimate link to use?
Old 24-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Maz, MFBias - do you guys agree that the link in the OP is the legitimate link to use?
This is from the Good Samaritans. I had the wrong link it at first, it linked another page rather than the signup homepage. Ive corrected it. I misunderstood Maz and thought he meant there was a different initiative.
As far I know this is official, but please anyone do state.

If Maz agrees, maybe he could remove his post if it is correct to not confuse people.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:05 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
It looks like the same one as I went on earlier which was a link via Apple News

As long as the company I work for will allow me to use my company car for this, I think I’ll be signing up.

I need to read the full blurb though as I’d be limited somewhat on when I could do the shopping and medicine delivery
Old 24-03-2020, 11:08 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Cheers, I wanted to help people out. Without just going down my street randomly knocking on doors, making poor OAP’s think I’m trying to scam or rob them.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 24-03-2020 at 11:10 PM.
Old 24-03-2020, 11:15 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Did this earlier and it IS the correct link. You can either do shopping, collect meds etc for people isolating or you can be a friend on a phone just chatting with people that are on their own or running equipment etc between NHS hospitals etc or of course you can sign up for all of them.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 24-03-2020, 11:19 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No pay no way
Old 24-03-2020, 11:42 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
No pay no way
Thats the spirit

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 25-03-2020, 07:07 AM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Thats the spirit
It's up to each individual of course.

Personally I wouldn't volunteer.to help this government. They should pay people to do if they are going to be leaving their homes. What about insurance / compensation if they fall ill?
Old 25-03-2020, 07:29 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Personally I wouldn't volunteer.to help this government. They should pay people to do if they are going to be leaving their homes. What about insurance / compensation if they fall ill?
How are you going to fall ill delivering medicines or shopping to some poor sod who can’t get out to get it themselves ?

You’re not helping the govt, you’re helping your fellow human beings
Old 25-03-2020, 07:31 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:

What about people who are furloughed. That’s (going to be) a load of people who the government are literally paying to do nothing.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:38 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:

National crisis ..People in distress. .. NHS under strain . You choose to take the stance of protest . . You're not helping the government , you are helping your fellow human beings . You still not going to offer to help ?

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 25-03-2020, 07:46 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:

Its not helping the government, its helping the NHS
Old 25-03-2020, 07:49 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess there is no minimum required ‘on duty’ time? I can’t commit to it as I am still working but will help where I can.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:56 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
In case anyone’s thinking about it....you give your help locally and you don’t go into houses. In fact they tell you not to.

You register with some ID, download an app and then local tasks come up on the app. You then can choose to accept the task if you’re available.

Seems a great way to do something proactive to help get deliveries to the most vulnerable, and a legitimate reason to get some local exercise if you’re fit and able.