Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 24-03-2020, 07:58 PM

Cpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcbob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
19/20 ST Corona Refund?

Let's be honest the season is over, we will be in lockdown long past the close of the season and with 4 more home games, Burnley, Chelsea, ManU, Tottenham how is the club going to refund us? Each adult ST equates to around £30 a seat. 4*£30 = £120 refund per adult ST.
Old 24-03-2020, 08:24 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a long time before any games are played again and the clubs are committed to completing the existing season.

I think it maybe ambitious to think that next season will happen at all.

Finish the games and then it will be straight into the Euros possibly.

Season scheduled for 2021/2022 may not happen as wouldn't have enough time to complete a 38 game season?
Old 24-03-2020, 08:39 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a long time before any games are played again and the clubs are committed to completing the existing season.

I think it maybe ambitious to think that next season will happen at all.

Finish the games and then it will be straight into the Euros possibly.

Season scheduled for 2021/2022 may not happen as wouldn't have enough time to complete a 38 game season?
You mean 20/21 is in danger

This season will probably be restarted August/September earliest, going by a rough China time line. Probably behind closed doors and after all participants have been tested, hopefully they can also test for those that have already had it by then

Maybe a deduction on the next ST as a refund, tbh not really fussed just write it off itís money spent

Difficult to see many FL/non league clubs surviving that long
Old 24-03-2020, 08:44 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does it really matter at the moment. The people who make these decisions should be at home in isolation. I’m as worried about my job after this is over as a lot of people. Work has dried up for my firm, but that money went out of my account over a year ago so is very low down on the list of concerns at the moment.
Old 24-03-2020, 08:48 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
You mean 20/21 is in danger

This season will probably be restarted August/September earliest, going by a rough China time line. Probably behind closed doors and after all participants have been tested, hopefully they can also test for those that have already had it by then

Maybe a deduction on the next ST as a refund, tbh not really fussed just write it off itís money spent

Difficult to see many FL/non league clubs surviving that long

Yes i know it sounds extreme that 20/21 could be in danger but this season needs to be completed as agreed by Premier League and would need a pretty big catch up to complete the 38 game season especially with the Euros at the end of that season.

Not as if you can have a half season as the teams need to really play each other home and away to make it a level playing field.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:10 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
They won't sacrifice next season in order to finish this one.

Everything depends on when things can start getting back to normal.

If games can resume in June, maybe early July there is a chance for this season, if not it is likely toast.

If games cannot restart till Jan next year then maybe they will lose next season but by them most clubs will have gone bust.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
They won't sacrifice next season in order to finish this one.

Everything depends on when things can start getting back to normal.

If games can resume in June, maybe early July there is a chance for this season, if not it is likely toast.

If games cannot restart till Jan next year then maybe they will lose next season but by them most clubs will have gone bust.
It maybe possible to get the games completed behind closed doors under very stringent conditions just to complete the season.

Probably the authorities may worry though about the home fans congretating outside the stadium to welcome the home team.
Old 24-03-2020, 11:47 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
I’m sure I read somewhere that shortly before WWII, there was a dispute between the Football League and the Pools companies over revenue that lead to the League refusing to produce public fixture lists.

For a few weeks, home fans would turn up not knowing who their club was about to play and away fans had little or no time to make travel arrangements.

The League had to back down eventually after the chaos surrounding their decision hit clubs and fans more than the dispute that caused it!
Old 25-03-2020, 08:13 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
If it's only £120 and even less on mine about £80 the club can keep it.

Old 25-03-2020, 08:40 AM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
Give it to a worthwhile charity?
Old 25-03-2020, 09:36 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Iím sure I read somewhere that shortly before WWII, there was a dispute between the Football League and the Pools companies over revenue that lead to the League refusing to produce public fixture lists.

For a few weeks, home fans would turn up not knowing who their club was about to play and away fans had little or no time to make travel arrangements.

The League had to back down eventually after the chaos surrounding their decision hit clubs and fans more than the dispute that caused it!
It was known as the Pools War. There is a section about it in Nigel Sand's A-Z of Crystal Palace book
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and singÖ and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 25-03-2020, 09:45 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
If they cancelled any outstanding Direct Debits for the rest of the season, that's a fair chunk of money to miss out on considering we're not making anything at the moment from us fans. I'm happy to pay the remaining payments personally.

Even if the season does get finished, it needs to be behind closed doors or we'll be basically inviting the second wave on with a red carpet reception
Old 25-03-2020, 10:02 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
Ditto
Old 25-03-2020, 10:27 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
You guys are very charitable. I see a club that is in absolutely zero danger during all of this, whilst we're seeing local businesses dying. If offered, I would absolutely take my money back. If we were in the Championship, League 1, etc, I might think differently.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:44 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
If I could get the money then great. But it's money I've budgeted for.

I would hope that all PL clubs will give fans the option for a refund, or that your S/T money goes into a pot that helps other clubs stay afloat. Basic maths, would say that if we've got 10,000 S.T holders (I know we have more), and it's all about 100 quid remaining, that we could give 100k to a club(s) who are struggling. That might just see a couple of lower league clubs the chance to survive.

Edit: Would be a million!

Last edited by Tomo; 25-03-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:49 AM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Feels way too early to think about refunds given we haven't even missed a match yet - next home game would have been early April, wasn't it?

Given the situation, I'd be happy to accept something like a donation to the Palace Foundation or another charity based on the cost of the remaining games. But I understand why others will want their money back.
Old 25-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
There's some very noble sentiments on here, but I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at the bank balance considering when I won't be able to pay for food let alone bills!

£80-£120 could make an enormous difference.

It's one thing to budget 12 months ago for the spend but I don't think anyone budgeted anything for a global pandemic in advance!

In memory of mum, anyone who has some spare change to support Ovarian Cancer Action:

Ovarian Cancer Action Fundraising

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 25-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 25-03-2020, 11:25 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
It maybe possible to get the games completed behind closed doors under very stringent conditions just to complete the season.

Probably the authorities may worry though about the home fans congretating outside the stadium to welcome the home team.
Biggest reason to complete the season is financial like most things.

If clubs don't have fans in the stadium they will miss out on millions, a drop in the ocean compared to what will be lost in TV revenue if the games are not televised.

The evidence suggests that having people group together in living rooms is more harmful than at stadia. Not to mention the revenue broadcasters make from pubs showing games is huge and that money might not be forthcoming.

Whether it is possible to play the games or not, the bigger issues will be financial.
Old 25-03-2020, 11:27 AM

Club not yet offering any refunds on tickets bought for games like Bournemouth. Have to wait for re-arrangement to be announced.
Old 25-03-2020, 12:22 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Club not yet offering any refunds on tickets bought for games like Bournemouth. Have to wait for re-arrangement to be announced.
LOL good luck with that one