Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-05-2020, 04:12 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Entry level drones

Need to learn to fly, so not too bothered about camera at this stage. Don't want to spend much. Would love to go for something like the Mavic mini eventually, but way too expensive as a plaything.
Old 16-05-2020, 04:40 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Need to learn to fly, so not too bothered about camera at this stage. Don't want to spend much. Would love to go for something like the Mavic mini eventually, but way too expensive as a plaything.
Depends what you want to do with it? if just flying around indoors then there are drones from £15 that will be small, lightweight with prop guards that won't cause much damage! These often can be flown with just a mobile phone and don't need a controller. Given the size and weight these can only be flown on the calmest of days outdoors. Next up comes ones from about £30 you can find on Amazon and these are often Mavic clones/lookalikes but have little of the technology that Mavic drones have. They wont have anti-collision sensors or advanced positioning sensors so can be awkward to fly and often need trimming to get them to fly steady and straight and you'll get frustrated after crashing into walls and bushes!
Between this and the Mavic types are quite a few GPS equipped models usually from about £80 whilst not as technologically advanced as Dji Mavic's the GPS helps a lot with stability and positioning and will be more stable in wind. In addition the GPS models often have 'return to home' function that brings back the drone if you get into trouble.

A mate of mine said to go straight to the Mavic drones as the cheaper ones will put you off flying due to frustration and plenty of crashes. I can sort of agree with that as I gave away two cheaper starter drones to go to a used Mavic Pro and found out how easy it is to fly with it.
If you get one for outdoor just remember the general public hate the things and spout all sorts of crap as to why you shouldn't be flying and there plenty of restricted areas you cannot fly in legally (if you are ever caught?).
Old 16-05-2020, 04:44 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
I was looking as the EACHINE E58 after looking at youtube videos, a smaller clone of the Mavic mini, and not getting bad reviews for the price. What do you think?

I want to fly outdoors.
Old 16-05-2020, 05:05 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was looking as the EACHINE E58 after looking at youtube videos, a smaller clone of the Mavic mini, and not getting bad reviews for the price. What do you think?

I want to fly outdoors.
Yeah seems to get good reviews, I had something similar but a lot cheaper (clone of a clone). It's probably one of the best non GPS drones but also the price brings it about £20-30 shy of the entry level GPS drones by Hubsan, Holy Stone and for a bit more EACHINE. Depends on what you want to pay and if you want a taster machine you can save more of your money for a Mini later but remember that the Mini is a rock solid drone and will be likely a better experience than the cheap clones so don't be put off by the performance of the cheaper drones when learning (or crashing!).
Old 16-05-2020, 07:05 PM
Gina Lollobrigida

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I'm told by my mate that has a drone flying business / company that there are a lot of bargain priced second hand drones out there in the usual places at the moment, due to the 'new' government requirement to pass tests and register drones causing quite a few people to give up and offload them.
Old 16-05-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I'm told by my mate that has a drone flying business / company that there are a lot of bargain priced second hand drones out there in the usual places at the moment, due to the 'new' government requirement to pass tests and register drones causing quite a few people to give up and offload them.
I bought my Mavic pro from CEX late last year for about a third of the new price (also helped by a new model coming out). Present larger drones like the DJI Air and Pro will fall fowl of the new laws if and when they come in and will be had for a good price second hand. The Mini on the other hand has just benefitted from a proposed change in the new law and will now still be classed as a 'Toy' so will not be restricted in the future as much as the larger ones so will likely keep their price.
Old 17-05-2020, 05:29 AM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Yeah seems to get good reviews, I had something similar but a lot cheaper (clone of a clone). It's probably one of the best non GPS drones but also the price brings it about £20-30 shy of the entry level GPS drones by Hubsan, Holy Stone and for a bit more EACHINE. Depends on what you want to pay and if you want a taster machine you can save more of your money for a Mini later but remember that the Mini is a rock solid drone and will be likely a better experience than the cheap clones so don't be put off by the performance of the cheaper drones when learning (or crashing!).
Yeah, pretty much a taster, if I start to enjoy it, the Mavek mini would probably be the next one. What models would you suggest as entry level GPS machines?

Thanks for your advice.
Old 17-05-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much a taster, if I start to enjoy it, the Mavek mini would probably be the next one. What models would you suggest as entry level GPS machines?

Thanks for your advice.
I don't know that much about the cheaper ones but I had one from Amazon called an Sg907 (don't remember the Chinese maker). Didn't get much use due to the weather but seemed okay apart from the crappy camera and viseo which almost unusable. From what I see on Amazon Hubsan, Holy stone and EACHINE get the best reviews. Another option is a Ryze Tello which made By Dji and is robably the best of the non GPS mini drone although its size doesn't make it that great for outdoors.
Old 17-05-2020, 10:31 AM
XXVII

Thank you, I will do more research.
Old 17-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Echo the shout for the Tello. It’s more intel than DJI but it’s fine, especially if you can get a second hand one because you intend to move onto something else.

I have a Mavic Mini which is great and which I definitely don’t use to chase sheep when I am bored.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-05-2020, 10:50 AM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Echo the shout for the Tello. Itís more intel than DJI but itís fine, especially if you can get a second hand one because you intend to move onto something else.

I have a Mavic Mini which is great and which I definitely donít use to chase sheep when I am bored.
Old 17-05-2020, 01:23 PM

The Mavic Mini really is good although a little light weight (especially the Jap version pictured). You can still lose or crash them though and there are a few YouTube videos showing people trashing them and those vids are good training in what not to do!

Old 23-05-2020, 01:35 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m just waiting on my Mavic mini to be delivered. It looks like fun.
Want to get some shots while playing golf.
Old 23-05-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post
I’m just waiting on my Mavic mini to be delivered. It looks like fun.
Anyone getting a Mavic Mini as their first drone (or even as an additional drone) should look at DJI care Refresh. Two replacement drones in the first year at a nominal cost if you crash it (T&Cs always apply).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-05-2020, 03:40 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Recently saw two guys in a car park both with serious shit drones. Both men had control centers like a mini Houston Space Center with the screen showing the view from the on-board camera. The drones themselves were pretty big with flashing lights and landing gear the lot.

I also recently saw the local electricity company using one to check out some pylons. Seemed a good use of the technology.
Old 23-05-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Recently saw two guys in a car park both with serious shit drones. Both men had control centers like a mini Houston Space Center with the screen showing the view from the on-board camera. The drones themselves were pretty big with flashing lights and land gear the lot.

I also recently saw the local electricity company using one to check out some pylons. Seemed a good use of the technology.
They are very useful tools and the large ones can be fitted with thermal imaging cameras for search and rescue teams and look for hot spots in power lines and rail tracks. Sadly the hobby drone gets a lot of bad press and the general public get the impression that its just for spying on them and delivering coke to the local prisons!
Old 28-05-2020, 12:48 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post
Iím just waiting on my Mavic mini to be delivered. It looks like fun.
Arrived today. Currently charging up and looking forward to giving it a test run although itís a little windy today in open spaces. Iíll have to be careful!