Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-05-2020, 09:13 AM

jamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Realistic Summer Transfers?

Who do you think we could realistically sell and buy this summer? Or what do you think the plans could've been before the world turned upside down?

I think we would've made some big changes, bringing in Maja, Lewis, Ferguson and Benrahma. Also we might have shifted Benteke, Sakho, PVA and maybe even Meyer.

Your opinions?
Old 17-05-2020, 09:44 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will be able to drive good deals from players in the championship following Covid. Clubs are going to need to firm up balance sheets through sales and there is a lot of talk about squad wage limits being introduced. Players we could target Mitrovic, Watkins, Karlan Grant, Jayden Bogle, Dael Fry, Joe Worrall, Matty Cash, Antonee Robinson are a few that might be of interest.
Old 17-05-2020, 09:50 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Will be able to drive good deals from players in the championship following Covid. Clubs are going to need to firm up balance sheets through sales and there is a lot of talk about squad wage limits being introduced. Players we could target Mitrovic, Watkins, Karlan Grant, Jayden Bogle, Dael Fry, Joe Worrall, Matty Cash, Antonee Robinson are a few that might be of interest.
Agreed Billy. Your first 4 suggestions are regulars on here, but I don't know much about the others.
Old 17-05-2020, 10:29 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Suspect the market will be unbelievably quiet.
Old 17-05-2020, 10:38 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ferguson plus 2 forwards 1 of which maybe maja.

if we got a decent fee for PVA (if he wants to go?) or Meyer might be replaced .
With our centre backs injury history i would re sign Dann but at a much reduced wage albeit he might want to play more regularly for 2 more years and would go with our blessing.
Old 17-05-2020, 10:40 AM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
Ferguson plus 2 forwards 1 of which maybe maja.

if we got a decent fee for PVA (if he wants to go?) or Meyer might be replaced .
With our centre backs injury history i would re sign Dann but at a much reduced wage albeit he might want to play more regularly for 2 more years and would go with our blessing.
Dann already has a contract until end of 2021 season
Old 17-05-2020, 10:52 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge end eagle View Post
Dann already has a contract until end of 2021 season
thank you i stand corrected.
Old 17-05-2020, 10:55 AM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So this mornings rumour is wilf to Newcastle for 60m once the takeover goes through and poch is in charge...if it went through, would leave us with 45m after utds share is taken off...

Its not the CL clubs wants, so I can't see much in it, although he could buy into the potential I suppose...thoughts?
Old 17-05-2020, 10:59 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
So this mornings rumour is wilf to Newcastle for 60m once the takeover goes through and poch is in charge...if it went through, would leave us with 45m after utds share is taken off...

Its not the CL clubs wants, so I can't see much in it, although he could buy into the potential I suppose...thoughts?
The ultimate bit of speculation rumour that is only to be expected at a time where the media have very little football news to write about, treat it with the contempt it deserves. We hold the cards with Zaha, he should never have signed that contract if he wanted a move that badly
Old 17-05-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
The ultimate bit of speculation rumour that is only to be expected at a time where the media have very little football news to write about, treat it with the contempt it deserves. We hold the cards with Zaha, he should never have signed that contract if he wanted a move that badly
Oh I fully agree, I just wonder if we will need the money to get the young players in we need?
Old 17-05-2020, 11:08 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh I fully agree, I just wonder if we will need the money to get the young players in we need?
What I would say however is, IF the Newcastle takeover went through and IF they hired a big name manager, in order to start a major overhaul of their squad in order to try and start competing at the top it generally takes a bit of time. For instance, when Chelsea, and later Man City did this, they kind of did it over a period. Phase 1, replace substandard/ordinary players with "good" ones. Phase 2, upgrade "good" players with great players. In order to do this, you have to pay through the nose, so if they did want Zaha with the kind of money at their disposal, I fully expect SP to say the price remains 80M, due to Newcastle being completely unaffected by the current situation. JAT.
Old 17-05-2020, 01:49 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If clubs had not been hit with the Covid19 bombshell and its financial effects we could have seen a good transfer window, and at CPFC i felt we would have seen several In's and Out's this summer, but now? i feel its going to be "bare essential" signings.
(1) RB, and that may well be Ferguson a young player our management rate that can develop given time, and by having Ward in contention allows him the time to settle in and to then step up when ready. Personally the RB i would want us to sign is Dalot.
(2) CB, will be needed as we have far too many aged and injury prone players in that position, so badly need a young challenger but one that is also able to step up now if needed also someone that has had premiership experience, the player i would like us to sign is the talented and composed Holding from Arsenal he would be a terrific signing.
(3) A Striker is a Must and as i dont see neither Benteke or Wickham moving on so any permanent striker signing may prove beyond our finances which then leaves just a loan option, that player could well be someone that our management rate highly and that player is Batshuayi who knows the surroundings and has a good record whilst with us, so it would make good sense to bring him on a year long loan and then sign permanently. They would be my Three essential signings.
But much will also depend on who moves on as outgoing savings will need to be done to help fund incomings, so Hennessey, Sakho, and Meyer spring to mind as most likely, and if possible but highly unlikely Zaha, Benteke and Wickham, if they move on then we will see an influx of replacements arrive.
Will be interesting to see what develops this intruiging summer, as we will all need a pick up after this horrible period.
Old 17-05-2020, 02:16 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think they'll be very little transfer activity in the Prem this summer. More likely that things will hot up in January.
Old 17-05-2020, 02:43 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Jack Tucker from Gillingham is something I'd look at. He's been phenomenal for them, and can actually play out from the back. We're craving a young option at center back for the future.

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I think we'll look at some freebies.

The cream of the championship, maybe if any clubs are relegated, a few bargains.

I'd hope we may get two loans in

Maja from abroad looks a good shout
Old 17-05-2020, 02:54 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Jack Shit to make an appearance

I think it will be 0 signings - we could do with some but I don't have any complaints.
Old 17-05-2020, 06:12 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
The key will be how our finances look. We were about -20m going into 18/19 and those accounts have been delayed. They should, with the AWB money look pretty positive. How well have we done keeping spending down (especially on wages) will determine what there is. If we have managed to control the wage bill then given we have spent just 15m in the past 2 seasons and the players dropping out of the transfer amortisation it might look pretty good. Benteke, Wickham, Luka all finished in this season and Tomkins, Townsend, Schluup, Sakho and PVA all end at the end of next. That is 50m worth of transfers, around 12.5 of amortisation out of the accounts, a similar amount dropping out next summer.

It may be, with other clubs who rely much more heavily on matchday income suffering more than us, that this is an opportunity to strengthen. Noades always said with hindsight not investing in 92 was a mistake and it may be this is a similar opportunity. If we are not going to invest though taking a decent fee of over 60m for Zaha would not be bad move given we know he is less effective at the moment playing the way Roy does. Invest in players more suited to his style.
Old 17-05-2020, 06:25 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Demarai Gray has fallen right out of favour at Leicester as well and his contract expires at the end of next season. He could well be one we could get for a reasonable price, still only 23 I've always liked the look of him.

Clinton Morrison
Old 18-05-2020, 11:04 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Demarai Gray has fallen right out of favour at Leicester as well and his contract expires at the end of next season. He could well be one we could get for a reasonable price, still only 23 I've always liked the look of him.
Castagne, Fosu-Mensah, Joel Veltman, Eric Dier, Ibrahim Sangare, Eberechi Eze, Isaac Hayden, Michy Batshuayi, Demarai Gray, Michail Antonio, Pione Sisto. Add Ben Mee if we got Dyche.

Think they have all had threads or their names mentioned on these pages over the years and all are entering the final 12 months of their current deals.

Henderson and Dann end this summer, PVA, Sakho, McArthur, Benteke, Townsend, Schluup, Meyer, Cahill, Guaita, Ward, Kelly and Hennessey all entering their final 12 months.
Old 18-05-2020, 11:26 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Castagne, Fosu-Mensah, Joel Veltman, Eric Dier, Ibrahim Sangare, Eberechi Eze, Isaac Hayden, Michy Batshuayi, Demarai Gray, Michail Antonio, Pione Sisto. Add Ben Mee if we got Dyche.

Think they have all had threads or their names mentioned on these pages over the years and all are entering the final 12 months of their current deals.

Henderson and Dann end this summer, PVA, Sakho, McArthur, Benteke, Townsend, Schluup, Meyer, Cahill, Guaita, Ward, Kelly and Hennessey all entering their final 12 months.
I think there is a belief Dann signed for an extra year extension. I could be wrong though.