Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-05-2020, 10:40 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Zaha Summer 2020

Just to getthis one going - Sun on Sunday reporting the Saudi take over at Newcastle could see them bid for Wilf

"Mauricio Pochettino is understood to be the prospective new owners’ preferred choice as manager if they decide to sack Steve Bruce — and the Argentine has made it clear he would want total control over signings.

But that has not stopped soundings being made about the availability of winger Zaha, valued at more than £60million by Crystal Palace.

The Ivory Coast star, 27, has ambitions to play Champions League football and wanted to leave the Eagles last season.

But should Toon invest huge sums on their squad he could be persuaded to move to the North East.

Pochettino showed interest in Zaha when in charge of Spurs so it may be a deal that works for everyone."

The ultimate 1+1 = 5 story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 17-05-2020, 10:53 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post

Yup, I laughed about this earlier. New owners that haven't taken over, new manager not appointed, but they want Zaha PS I bet Steve Bruce is happy these days
Old 17-05-2020, 11:03 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
If Wilf was to be sold it would be to another London club and the last time that I looked Newcastle is nowhere near London and they are actually 4 points behind Palace in the table who have a better chance of qualifying for Europe than they do.

Since when have Palace said that Wilf is for sale and valued him at £60m.

COYP
Old 17-05-2020, 11:07 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
£60 m + allan Saint - maximin would be nice.
Old 17-05-2020, 11:49 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
I'd take £60M for him personally.

I'll stick the tin hat on.

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-05-2020, 11:53 AM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
I'd take £60M for him personally.

I'll stick the tin hat on.
Sadly after his contribution this season I think you are right. Hoping he recaptures his form next season is a real risk if £60 million was on the table.
Old 17-05-2020, 12:22 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
£60 million sounds fine but is anyone confident that we would be able to replace what he offers? This isn’t about replacing one player like for like.
Old 17-05-2020, 12:31 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Just to getthis one going - Sun on Sunday reporting the Saudi take over at Newcastle could see them bid for Wilf

"Mauricio Pochettino is understood to be the prospective new owners’ preferred choice as manager if they decide to sack Steve Bruce — and the Argentine has made it clear he would want total control over signings.

But that has not stopped soundings being made about the availability of winger Zaha, valued at more than £60million by Crystal Palace.

The Ivory Coast star, 27, has ambitions to play Champions League football and wanted to leave the Eagles last season.

But should Toon invest huge sums on their squad he could be persuaded to move to the North East.

Pochettino showed interest in Zaha when in charge of Spurs so it may be a deal that works for everyone."

Such contradictory writing.
Old 17-05-2020, 12:49 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Newcastle are forgetting that Man City and Chelsea built their empires before FFP limited what a rich club owner could spend on players and wages.

They cannot simply just splash the cash if the takeover is approved.

COYP
Old 17-05-2020, 12:52 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Newcastle are forgetting that Man City and Chelsea built their empires before FFP limited what a rich club owner could spend on players and wages.

They cannot simply just splash the cash if the takeover is approved.

COYP
Newcastle will do an Everton. Wilf will be their Sigurosson.
Old 17-05-2020, 01:04 PM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
Sadly after his contribution this season I think you are right. Hoping he recaptures his form next season is a real risk if £60 million was on the table.
It wouldn't be 60m for us, if would be 45m after utds share
Old 17-05-2020, 01:25 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
£60 million sounds fine but is anyone confident that we would be able to replace what he offers? This isn’t about replacing one player like for like.
It's not and it's a complex issue for us. But the truth is we can't afford somebody who's been as inconsistent as Wilf has now because the minute he's injured we're stifled going forwards. If he gets a serious injury our threat going forward diminishes massively.

For me it would depend on the manager we're aiming for after Hodgson and the direction the club wants to look at going forwards. After Man United's cut if somebody said we could have Eze, Osayi-Samuel and Lookman all in exchange for Zaha I think that would give us a really fresh and better look going forwards. But obviously this would need a manager who'd get the best out of those players.

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-05-2020, 01:27 PM

But anyway, I thought this takeover was on the rocks as they were looking at Roma?

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-05-2020, 01:34 PM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It's not and it's a complex issue for us. But the truth is we can't afford somebody who's been as inconsistent as Wilf has now because the minute he's injured we're stifled going forwards. If he gets a serious injury our threat going forward diminishes massively.

For me it would depend on the manager we're aiming for after Hodgson and the direction the club wants to look at going forwards. After Man United's cut if somebody said we could have Eze, Osayi-Samuel and Lookman all in exchange for Zaha I think that would give us a really fresh and better look going forwards. But obviously this would need a manager who'd get the best out of those players.
I would take the first two, plus Ferguson and a striker
Old 17-05-2020, 01:43 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Complete bullshit. Wide attackers is probably their strongest outfield position after centre back, with Almiron, Saint Maximin and Atsu. 60 million is a huge amount even for a Saudi backed Newcastle side, FFP rules have tightened up a lot, they won’t be spending like Man City did, and definitely not that much on a wide man when they have more pressing areas to buy starting 11 caliber players.

1+1=5 story, like the OP said. Or Newcastle are just ridiculously thick.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 17-05-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 17-05-2020, 02:15 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Zaha has still been very good in games - not at the heights of last season but he’s been good enough. Without a change in tactics and personnel in the final third, then I think he’ll be a massive loss.

The players you mention there are exciting but they are unproven and there are no guarantees that they will make the grade in the premier league.

If we are to sell Zaha, I’d love to see us sign Watkins, Benrahma and Eze. But that’s probably being greedy!
Old 17-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Eze looks the part

As an aside, Everton and West Ham have spent oodles in recent times and neither look like cracking the elite, I can't see Newcastle doing so either.
Old 17-05-2020, 03:53 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Eze looks the part

As an aside, Everton and West Ham have spent oodles in recent times and neither look like cracking the elite, I can't see Newcastle doing so either.
I think you're underestimating their potential spending, dwarfs any other side
Old 17-05-2020, 04:31 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s the same problem for Zaha. £60m actually equals £45m because of the Man U clause which makes it unattractive for us. From his perspective that clause is putting a massive hand brake on his career.
Old 17-05-2020, 04:41 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
I think you're underestimating their potential spending, dwarfs any other side
I think there’s far more people overestimating their spending than underestimating it. You can’t do a Chelsea or Man City anymore, FFP has tightened up. They’ll spend bigger than the rest of mid table, sure, but it’ll be at least 4 or 5 years before they’re genuine top 4 contenders.