Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MoM
Guaita 0 0%
Ward 28 14.00%
Dann 41 20.50%
Cahill 11 5.50%
van Aanholt 9 4.50%
Milivojevic 1 0.50%
Kouyaté * 0 0%
McArthur 51 25.50%
Townsend ** 8 4.00%
Zaha 6 3.00%
Ayew 8 4.00%
* McCarthy 3 1.50%
** Meyer 34 17.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-06-2020, 10:03 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Burnley (Home)

Guaita 4 At fault for goal but lots of credit in his locker

PVA 6 Not enough quality. Need more from him as we are limited going forward
Dann 6 some good defending but gave it away a few times and nothing in their box
Cahill 6 He was fine, should have smashed his chance rather than side foot
Ward 6 defended ok, one good cross. Limited technically

Milivojevic 4 Did very little. Poor set pieces
McArthur 7 MOM tried to make things happen
Kouyate 5 limited footballer, but should have stayed on

Zaha 6 Doesn’t take them on anymore as he is a better player now, but needed him to in this one
Ayew 6 Not a centre forward, but good control. Should have been sent off
Townsend 5 Average at best

Subs

McCarthy 4 At fault for goal. Anything else
Meyer N/A Should have had more game time.

A few thoughts:

1. We missed Benteke. Someone to hold it up and be a focal point. He might be running dry in front of goal but at least he’s a presence and someone to play through. We play better when he plays. For all those who want Sakho and Benteke sold on because of wages, be careful what you wish for. Without Sakho there will be no-one to pass it out from the back. Without Benteke the ball will keep coming back into our half. There’s a reason CB and MS were Liverpool players and are among our highest earners: they are valuable players that can contribute when on the football pitch.

2. There’s no creativity. We know there isn’t. In today’s back 4 only PVA is decent technically. The centre backs are just about adequate in possession, but Ward isn’t. As a full back he’s one of our weakest links. We need more for modern football where they have a lot of the ball. Love Joel for his loyalty and service but it’s time he switched to centre back. The irony is I think he would be very good there as he’s better on the ball than most of our current centre backs, and more mobile. Then we move into midfield. CK can’t play football, LM is limited, McArthur tries and McCarthy is too small to play the holding role for us. They are all adequate but as a 3 the dichotomy between defence and attack is not right. The balance of the side is not right with that midfield 3, especially with the lack of quality at right back and up front. Speaking of which we have Zaha who is doubled up on, and very little in other attacking threat. Ayew is a willing runner and technically good but is not a striker, even though he’s a decent finisher. Townsend is paceless and we should have sold him last summer when Leicester were sniffing and he scored that worldie. Either that or he should switch to centre mid. He’s good enough technically to play there. But the fact remains that until we have a dual pacy threat in the front 3 we are going to struggle to break teams down.

3. We have lots of experience and it was nice to see a new corner routine - for once they’ve been working on something on the training ground. However the same old problems persist. For this game we should have brought Meyer into centre mid much earlier on, and perhaps given Pierrick a go. Or put Dann up front and brought on Sakho. Zaha was also too deep but it was always going to be difficult once they went 1-0 up. I feel for Roy because there’s only so much he can do with the players we have. I suspect even he is frustrated despite the normal defensive and conservative playing style he likes to set us up in.

The transfer window cannot come soon enough. We got away with it this season. If there’s no support added to take burden off Zaha we will be in a relegation dogfight. If we sell Zaha we will go down. Big window coming up.

Last edited by glaziers fan; 29-06-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:03 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Just like the players tonight (especially in the first half)... I can't really be bothered
Old 29-06-2020, 10:08 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
same old Selhurst performance unfortunately,

can't attack with pace until the last 10 minutes.

We seem to plod forward, turn sideways, turn back and pass it backwards. So slow and clearly no ideas for scoring goals.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:08 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
3rd game running Benteke man of the match
Old 29-06-2020, 10:09 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Missing Schlupp and Benteke badly.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:13 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
I sense a serious review of squad personnel coming up. We seriously need new blood with energy and ambition. Steve don't bottle it.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:15 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
3s all round. Maybe give Max a five.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:17 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Meyer.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:18 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Everyone crap

Last edited by Malarkey; 29-06-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:19 PM

palacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacejim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Luka was as poor as most recent games.
Wardy had a bit of a mare.
Guaita at fault for the goal.
Mcarthur MOM.
We actually played OK second half (mostly).
Old 29-06-2020, 10:20 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Thought Townsend was alright tonight, our only threat until he came off. But then Zaha had a lot more joy down that wing after he did come off. Meyer had a decent cameo.

Ayew little glance before the challenge was a big tell that it could have been intentional.

Out attack all round was poor but we were far from hopeless at the other end of the pitch before and after the goal.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:22 PM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Standard awful home performance against a defensive side
Guiata 0 - ultimately lost us the game
Ward 4
Dann 7 MoM
Cahill 3
PVA 2
Luka 2
Kouyate 3
Macca 5
Ayew 5
Zaha 2
Townsend 2

McCarthy 1
Meyer 6

Hodgson 1
Old 29-06-2020, 10:22 PM
Googling my Goggles

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
I sense a serious review of squad personnel coming up. We seriously need new blood with energy and ambition. Steve don't bottle it.
Hodgson has probably got one more year before he retires so I reckon we will hedge our bets and hope he keeps us up again on a shoestring. Just my opinion

We are a plastic little South Coast club with middle class nimby supporters.

Oops I've gone and said it”
Old 29-06-2020, 10:23 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifo View Post
Thought Townsend was alright tonight, our only threat until he came off. But then Zaha had a lot more joy down that wing after he did come off. Meyer had a decent cameo.

Ayew little glance before the challenge was a big tell that it could have been intentional.

Out attack all round was poor but we were far from hopeless at the other end of the pitch before and after the goal.
What was Townsends style of cross (the cut back and cross slow and deep) ever going to achieve with our attacking players though?
Old 29-06-2020, 10:25 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Roy’s haircut.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 29-06-2020, 10:26 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
Hodgson has probably got one more year before he retires so I reckon we will hedge our bets and hope he keeps us up again on a shoestring. Just my opinion
I think you are 100%right
Old 29-06-2020, 10:26 PM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
lower than the liverpool game ratings
Old 29-06-2020, 10:27 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
3rd game running Benteke man of the match
Seconded.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:32 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
A disgusting performance, lazy, slow and naive resulting in a pitiful capitulation through a quite pathetic piece of goalkeeping and a total lack of any attacking threat - at home against a side just below us in the table with an entire makeshift front line. Apology required.

Guaita 3. Worst performance to date. Dodgy throughout, several mistakes and responsible for a poor goal. If still not 100% fit should have used Hennessey.
Ward 5. Stuck to his defensive role but lost the ball a lot trying to go forward.
Dann 7. Did well to get the ball out of our box a few times.
Cahill 6. Competent at the back but fluffed a decent chance.
van Aanholt 3. Did so little that I'd forgotten he was playing.
McArthur 6. Lots of heat but little light.
Milivojevic 3. Shite.
Kouyate 4. Pretty much muscled out of it.
Townsend 4. Now seems to have lost it completely. Had a go at one point but very poor again.
Ayew 5. Ran after the ball a lot but woefully unclinical and lucky not to get sent off.
Zaha 2. Bossed about by their full backs the entire time. Pathetic.
Meyer 7. Got us going at bit at the end but too little too late.
Old 29-06-2020, 10:33 PM

Ogilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is hereOgilvy Sam the man is here
I might go Kouate as before poll had no idea he played tonight