Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-07-2020, 03:28 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Next manager discussion (summer 2020)

Its becoming clear after 5 straight defeats and probably 8 by the time the season ends its time for a freshen up and a change.

Roy has done a tremendous job but its not working anymore so we must look forward and thank him for his time and achievements.

Whos (realistically) next for you?
Old 12-07-2020, 03:30 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Not even the summer. Now. No point hanging onto Roy now.

Id go Dyche, hes a semi safe option and has done wonders with Burnley.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:32 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Roy will still be here
Old 12-07-2020, 03:33 PM

TennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is hereTennesseeKing Sam the man is here
I would go for Dyche, but I can see it being Howe.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:36 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Dyche might be on another European tour. He won't wanna think about coming here at least until he sees where Burnley finish. Why would he swap jobs anyway? Sideways step at best!
Old 12-07-2020, 03:39 PM

hulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethulkster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeKing View Post
I would go for Dyche, but I can see it being Howe.
I reckon Howe as well. Would take Thomas Frank or David Wagner straight away though. We've done our dash with English managers. Need a completely new approach and some new foreign talent on the playing side.

If we can't attract the Brentford manager or give a manager another shot at the PL, then we might as well pack up and go home.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:39 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Confident I wouldnt get on with Dyche at a BBQ or something but also confident he would have us playing consistently, safely, and within our budget so probably him

Dont see on what planet it could be Howe after this season

...Id take Jose :P
Old 12-07-2020, 03:42 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
We have been generally awful this season. Roy plays one way and we only seem to win through moments of individual brilliance by the likes of wilf rather than Roys style of play. Roy doesnt play to the squads strengths yet people on here think hes the messiah. I like Roy, and he worked miracles after the FdB debacle.. but the last season/Season and half have been dire.

We need fresh face, fresh approach, one that has ability to change tactics.

I think Dyche should be the one. Think hed do wonders with us to be honest.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:43 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Its becoming clear after 5 straight defeats and probably 8 by the time the season ends its time for a freshen up and a change.

Roy has done a tremendous job but its not working anymore so we must look forward and thank him for his time and achievements.

Whos (realistically) next for you?
When the tesm names came up at the bottom of the screen my cat jumped up and her paw landed on the word "Riedewald". Based on that performance one could argue that she's better at setting our midfield up than Hodgson is.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:45 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Dyche all day long! The most sensible and least radical change. Howe Im still not sold on and it would be a huge change in style and philosophy and we just dont have the players for it.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:48 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
When the tesm names came up at the bottom of the screen my cat jumped up and her paw landed on the word "Riedewald". Based on that performance one could argue that she's better at setting our midfield up than Hodgson is.
Your cat is also better at picking out a Palace player than the players themselves.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:48 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
If we lose the next three, Roy has to go.

I'm more worried about the squad, this group has such a small amount of ability with the actual football.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:49 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
We have been generally awful this season. Roy plays one way and we only seem to win through moments of individual brilliance by the likes of wilf rather than Roys style of play. Roy doesnt play to the squads strengths yet people on here think hes the messiah. I like Roy, and he worked miracles after the FdB debacle.. but the last season/Season and half have been dire.

We need fresh face, fresh approach, one that has ability to change tactics.

I think Dyche should be the one. Think hed do wonders with us to be honest.
Last season where we got 49 points yeah ? .
Cooper would be my choice with Roy moving upstairs to advice if needed.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:52 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I'm Roy in, but if he did go, Dyche would be unlikely but excellent.

Not the biggest Howe fan but he wouldn't be the worst.

Thomas Frank not a bad suggestion.

Jose Borderlas has been talked about on here before. I see very little reason why he'd leave Getafe for us, but he'd be an interesting appointment.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:58 PM

Dlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDlm : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why would any PL manager make the switch the palace?

They'll get no financial support in the transfer market and we will turn on them the moment we start losing games

Unless Parish gives a committment to spend BIG then we will not see a new manager next season
Old 12-07-2020, 03:59 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Does Frank come with Benrahma
Old 12-07-2020, 03:59 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
If we lose the next three, Roy has to go.
No no no. He NEEDS to go now.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:02 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
I am definitely unhappy when I watch palaver now. It’s a Awful to watch. I think we would scrape survival again under Roy next season however and a change is a risk.

Dyche would be ok. Sam would be great. Anyone else is increasing risk

I worry we’d end up with Coleman though and be missing Roy
Old 12-07-2020, 04:05 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Roy will still be here
I do wonder whether the Americans feel the same way as I expect Parish does. If they don't, he may still be under pressure.

3 games left of the season to get the players motivated and drop those not performing. I hope he does it because with a better squad he can get us playing good football, but we've been worryingly predictable since being safe.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I am definitely unhappy when I watch palaver now. Its a Awful to watch. I think we would scrape survival again under Roy next season however and a change is a risk.

Dyche would be ok. Sam would be great. Anyone else is increasing risk

I worry wed end up with Coleman though and be missing Roy
If Coleman is even in the frame then Id give up