Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-08-2020, 12:38 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Phoning a landline in California

I need to phone a landline number in California, from my mobile, the number is (503) 356-xxxx last four digits redacted obvs, what do I need to type in to my phone to get through. I am fully aware that in this country at least,
not many people use landlines, so the number may not work. All I have tried so far is +00 then the full numbe, it doesn't work. I got the number from Whitepages. Its a friend I haven't had contact to for nearly 20 years.
TIA
Old 02-08-2020, 12:44 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Probably need to put a 1 after the 00 (country code)
Old 02-08-2020, 12:51 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagaya_Eagle View Post
Probably need to put a 1 after the 00 (country code)
Thanks, just tried that after your suggestion, number not recognised. The listing may be well out of date of course.

It does have a "fixed voip"number which is different, but I have no idea what it is or how to call it.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:05 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Should be 001503356xxxx

BTW, 503 area code is not in California, but Oregon, 530 is in California.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:35 AM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Should be 001503356xxxx

BTW, 503 area code is not in California, but Oregon, 530 is in California.
Thats not working It may be out of date. Yes he is now in Beaverton Oregon, he was in San Mateo California. Thank you.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:42 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Thats not working It may be out of date. Yes he is now in Beaverton Oregon, he was in San Mateo California. Thank you.
Try +1 then the full number...
Old 02-08-2020, 09:43 AM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle2 View Post
Try +1 then the full number...
Cheers, I will give that a go when is is an appropriate time out there.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
You've left out '555'.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:05 AM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
You've left out '555'.
Did you know that Jim Rockford, of the Rockford Files, had the same number as Ghostbusters, 555 2368.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:12 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I wonder if they had the same fee structure?
Old 03-08-2020, 07:26 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Did you know that Jim Rockford, of the Rockford Files, had the same number as Ghostbusters, 555 2368.
Area code 555 is used in fillums and teevee as it doesn't exist.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:31 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Correct.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:01 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
You may have to answer to the coca cola company for yor preversions.

Old 03-08-2020, 02:04 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Beaverton
Dam place
Old 03-08-2020, 03:05 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
If it's from your mobile it's +1 then the number.
The "+" replaces the 00 for an International call made from the UK and 1 is the US country code.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:24 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
If it's from your mobile it's +1 then the number.
The "+" replaces the 00 for an International call made from the UK and 1 is the US country code.
Can you still use 00 on a mobile? Or is the "+" the only way?

If it's a time saving feature, I would spend more time looking for the "+" symbol than it would to hit 00!
Old 03-08-2020, 03:28 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
You wanna call me up? Take my number down
It's 222-2222
I got an answering machine that can talk to you
Old 03-08-2020, 03:40 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Can you still use 00 on a mobile? Or is the "+" the only way?

If it's a time saving feature, I would spend more time looking for the "+" symbol than it would to hit 00!
I'm not sure but I think most mobiles are set up for "+" only. This is because if you are roaming internationally the code for an international call is different from country to country. So you can use 00 in the UK but when in the US it's 01 etc (IIRC). So the number in your phone memory (with 00) wouldn't work if you called it from the US.
The "+" overcomes that issue by replacing the the different international access codes worldwide.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:12 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
I'm not sure but I think most mobiles are set up for "+" only. This is because if you are roaming internationally the code for an international call is different from country to country. So you can use 00 in the UK but when in the US it's 01 etc (IIRC). So the number in your phone memory (with 00) wouldn't work if you called it from the US.
The "+" overcomes that issue by replacing the the different international access codes worldwide.
Looking in my contacts in the UK, it looks like I have +44 for mobile numbers, but 001 for land lines. Probably never called any of them!
Old 03-08-2020, 07:56 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Area code 555 is used in fillums and teevee as it doesn't exist.
I know