Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 02-08-2020, 02:18 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Scanning from an Epson All-in-One

I got a new Epson printer today. Basically the same as the one I had previously.

Old one developed an issue that certainly wasn't insurmountable, where it would not scan from the control panel on the unit, but scanned when driven by the computer app.

New printer is doing the same thing, but this one gives a bit more feedback, and says no computer is recognized, which is not true, as all other feature work just fine. One hint is it is a security or firewall issue. Both the trouble shoot and Google searches lead to this conclusion.

Trouble is everything I look at in the firewall settings would indicate the printer is OK and allowed.

Again, no real big deal, as there are other ways to scan, but more an annoyance or curiosity.

Anyone else have an Epson printer and had this issue?
Old 02-08-2020, 06:14 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Bump... Just in case it slipped under the radar!
Old 02-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
I’d go with a usb cable....never go wrong with a cable.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:31 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
I’d go with a usb cable....never go wrong with a cable.
Probably right... seems a bit defeatist though!
Old 02-08-2020, 07:07 PM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
I had a similar issue with Brother multi function. Solved by downloading up to date drivers from Brother's website.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:42 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
I had a similar issue with Brother multi function. Solved by downloading up to date drivers from Brother's website.
Thanks. I should have the latest as I only downloaded yesterday, but I'll double check.

I've read about people with HP printers having the same issue.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:15 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Probably right... seems a bit defeatist though!

Ok....something you may want to check is that modern routers broadcast two “lanes” of WiFi...2.4 and 5ghz. Sometimes your laptop or phone may be connected to the 2.4 channel and your new printer may be connected to the 5ghz lane. It’s a long shot but perhaps why they don’t see each other.

In my experience, Epson printers are a pain in the arse regarding scanning, hence why a cable will always work.

Does the printer appear in your printer list on your pc/Mac ?
Old 02-08-2020, 10:36 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Ok....something you may want to check is that modern routers broadcast two “lanes” of WiFi...2.4 and 5ghz. Sometimes your laptop or phone may be connected to the 2.4 channel and your new printer may be connected to the 5ghz lane. It’s a long shot but perhaps why they don’t see each other.

In my experience, Epson printers are a pain in the arse regarding scanning, hence why a cable will always work.

Does the printer appear in your printer list on your pc/Mac ?
I think you might be on to something.

I'm tempted to uninstall all the Epson software, and reinstall from the Epson website. I used the disk that came with the printer, and that seemed to lead to the online updates, but I'm not convinced it went as smooth as it should have.

There appears to be 2 Epson printers in the printer list (both XP-7100), but one is called Network01 and the other by the S/N.

Seems over complicated, as they seemed to treat the printer and the scanner as two separate entities.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:01 PM
The Spiky One

It has to be a firewall/security issue, but damned if I can figure it out.

Turned stuff off and changed a lot of settings yesterday to no avail.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Are you installing the software via their disc ?

I would uninstall everything to do with Epson printers and then restart your pc. Make sure there are no Epson printers in your printer list, and no Epson Software in your programs list.

Make sure the Epson is connected to the WiFi and then run the disc. DO NOT let the disc guide you to installing the latest drivers from the web, just use the drivers from the setup disc.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Or use a cable
Old 04-08-2020, 03:36 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Or use a cable
Old 04-08-2020, 03:50 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Are you installing the software via their disc ?

I would uninstall everything to do with Epson printers and then restart your pc. Make sure there are no Epson printers in your printer list, and no Epson Software in your programs list.

Make sure the Epson is connected to the WiFi and then run the disc. DO NOT let the disc guide you to installing the latest drivers from the web, just use the drivers from the setup disc.
Thanks for all your advice on here Chris. Appreciate the effort.

I might give this a go later in the week... or I could just carry on like I have for the last few years and scan from the PC App.

As I said before, its an annoyance/curiosity more than a obstacle.