Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 27-08-2020, 10:05 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Tour De France 2020 (29/08/20-20/09/20)

An interesting TDF in store for us all this year for obvious reasons.

The Jumbo-Visma team looks very strong on paper. Ineos also have a strong team despite leaving out Froome and Thomas.
Will it simply be Bernal v Roglic? Or will Carapaz and Dumoulin also have their say? There are plenty of other serious contenders too.
It's a very lumpy parcours this year with not a lot of stages for the sprinters.

And let's not forget that there is a Velogames competition up and running called "Great Big Bike Game XXII" The deadline for submitting a team is Saturday 29th August 13:45 CEST!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I'll post some links with race info later. Feel free to post other interseting links if you have any!
Old 27-08-2020, 10:39 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Velogames preview:

Last edited by kabbott; 27-08-2020 at 10:45 AM.
Old 27-08-2020, 11:00 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I'm really looking forward to this year's edition, despite the lack of British interest in either the GC or the green jersey. After three days of the Criterium de Dauphine I would have put a lot of money on Primos Roglic or another of his team, but the crashes on day 4 have left Jumbo without Steven Kruijswijk and Roglic's own fitness a bit uncertain. But if Roglic is 100% fit, then I think he will win.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 27-08-2020, 11:47 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm really looking forward to this year's edition, despite the lack of British interest in either the GC or the green jersey. After three days of the Criterium de Dauphine I would have put a lot of money on Primos Roglic or another of his team, but the crashes on day 4 have left Jumbo without Steven Kruijswijk and Roglic's own fitness a bit uncertain. But if Roglic is 100% fit, then I think he will win.
No easing into this years race though is there. Often the GC guys can gain some form and fitness during the first week as the sprinters and rouleurs battle out the early stages. The 2 Cat 1s on stage 2 could see a shake up of the GC on day 2 if any team decides to ride it hard and the first summit finish is stage 4.

With fitness concerns over Roglic and Bernal you could make good arguments for a dozen riders to win this i think. Most open TdF i can remember going in.
Old 27-08-2020, 12:18 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Is there a mini-league yet?
Old 27-08-2020, 12:36 PM

singapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
This should be a good one.

I think I read that every stage is being shown live from start to finish. Perfect background noise while "working from home".
Old 27-08-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Is there a mini-league yet?
If you've already "played" Velogames, I think your team goes automatically into the "CPFC BBS 2020 League". All my teams go straight in, so I don't know what the code is!
Old 27-08-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singapore eagle View Post
This should be a good one.

I think I read that every stage is being shown live from start to finish. Perfect background noise while "working from home".
I never miss a second of the Tour during my French school holidays when it's in July. I will, of course, be going back to work next week.
Fortunately the Clerment-Lyon stage is on a Saturday, so I'll either head down to the finish or ride out to a quiet spot somewhere in the last 50km or so!
Old 27-08-2020, 01:28 PM

singapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
I think there might be a couple of CPFC codes.

Shall we all congregate at: 818133620?

I can see kabbott, 3 Beers at HT and lucky old gladys already entered there.
Old 27-08-2020, 09:55 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Pretty worrying noises in relation to coronavirus. I wouldn't bet on the Tour finishing

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-08-2020, 09:58 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I watched the presentation yesterday evening on Eurosport - it is usually a bit naff, but this was surreal - they had "entertainment" that got no applause - none of the teams got any, and Ineos didn't get booed.
Old 28-08-2020, 10:02 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by singapore eagle View Post
I think there might be a couple of CPFC codes.

Shall we all congregate at: 818133620?

I can see kabbott, 3 Beers at HT and lucky old gladys already entered there.
I can't get in, keep getting a 404 error!
Old 28-08-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555 View Post
I can't get in, keep getting a 404 error!
I had to re-register for some reason.

Only six of us in so far. Come and join us everyone!

League code: 818133620
Old 28-08-2020, 10:09 AM

I'm now in: SouthwickC&CC
Old 28-08-2020, 11:07 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
I'm in. My team is probably garbage because I'm not fully up to date on form but it looks nice on paper.
Old 28-08-2020, 02:17 PM

Up to double figures now in velogames entries.

All first-timers welcome - no skill required! Truth be told, it's a bit of a lottery guessing who's in form, who's been on the pies, who's going to fall off and quit before they leave Nice, etc. etc.
Old 28-08-2020, 02:21 PM

Pin-stickers guide here: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-08-2020, 02:30 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am in too!
Old 28-08-2020, 02:40 PM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks - I am in too.
No idea if my team is any good tho!
Old 28-08-2020, 04:51 PM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm in - Cathcart Climbers. Team selection tough this year!

Found little value in the lower ranks.