Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-10-2020, 03:59 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Non league football

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread about everyones non league experiences.
So I'll start with yesterday's Isthmian premier top of the table clash.
Worthing 2 Bowers and Pitsea 1
Great game and atmosphere, sold out at our temporary home in Horsham.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:02 PM

Bovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fineBovril Dan is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Chipstead 0 Bedfont Sports 5 !
Old 11-10-2020, 07:05 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovril Dan View Post
My son played a dozen or so games for Bedfont a few years back. Not a very scenic ground location
Old 11-10-2020, 07:08 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread about everyones non league experiences.
So I'll start with yesterday's Isthmian premier top of the table clash.
Worthing 2 Bowers and Pitsea 1
Great game and atmosphere, sold out at our temporary home in Horsham.
Why are they playing at Horsham temporarily?
Old 11-10-2020, 07:49 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Why are they playing at Horsham temporarily?
The 4g pitch that has never been right is being relaid.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:52 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I'm all for a thread on non league football. I have a soft spot for Sutton Utd, my Nans house was on Gander green lane and the back garden was just behind the goal.

I was at the legendary Coventry city match, if I remember right I'd been up all night and was hungover. I was young and stupid.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:57 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Posted a few times on the FA Cup and Carshalton threads.

Been going to watch Worksop Town since I was a nipper but last few seasons been a regular. New owner with some cash, ground improvements underway, new 4G pitch, new manager and players and a 5 year plan to get into the Nat League ( probably a bit ambitious - currently in Northern Prem SE Division ).

Went to my first away game for many years yesterday and had an absolute belter of a day. Belper Town, all ticket affair given current restrictions. Full house of 400. Belper are top, Worksop 3rd with a game in hand. 4 of us went on the train and met some local lads we’ve known for years. Great to catch up with them over some (plenty) beers.

Good game, finished 2-2, with Tigers scoring late on to equalise. A little undeserved. Didn’t play well so a good point in the end. £9, can take your beer out to the ground.

Tuesday night home to Sutton Coldfield.

Love it.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:59 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nice couple of pints of Ranmore in the bar first too.

Got in for a fiver with my Sutton season ticket, been twice this season and will probably make this our “go to” football this season.

Cricket wanker.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I'm all for a thread on non league football. I have a soft spot for Sutton Utd, my Nans house was on Gander green lane and the back garden was just behind the goal.

I was at the legendary Coventry city match, if I remember right I'd been up all night and was hungover. I was young and stupid.
We are a bit further up the road, just off GGL
Old 11-10-2020, 09:02 PM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lingfield knocked out of the Vase following a 3-1 defeat at Steyning yesterday. Disappointing performance but hopefully fired up for our home game against East Preston on Saturday.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:27 AM

jake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejake5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Decent side bedfont , went there last week with carshalton , they knocked us out the fa cup !! Did the no.11 score? He did against us , we’re trying to sign him apparently ......
Old 12-10-2020, 07:06 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Love a bit of non-league and always try to get to a game or two when on a visit. Dulwich Hamlet is my go to but have also been a regular at Maidstone, Gravesend and Northfleet (now defunct), Fisher Athletic all dependent on where I was living or working at the time.

Also when visiting the outlaws in Crewe have been to a few up there with the wife's dad such as Nantwich Town and Chester.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:51 AM

loz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietloz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bought a ST for East Grinstead this season, travelled to Ashford on Saturday, another 3 nil win for the Wasps.

Is it just me or do I in fact enjoy this more than watching Palace ?
Old 12-10-2020, 10:19 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Very much enjoy watching AFC Croydon Athletic, on Saturday, they beat Bearstead 2-1 in a very end to end clash in the Southern Counties East Premier - many Palace fans there (or rather, many of the fans that go are Palace fans!) and it’s usually a good laugh no matter what the match is actually like, but the last couple I’ve seen have been good value.

People have said, like Selhurst Park, Mayfields is a difficult place to get to. Not if you know your way around Fort Neef it ain’t! It’s about a 10-15 minute walk from The Pond at the bottom of Silverliegh Road - turn left at Mayfield Crescent right to Mayfield Road and left past the playing fields that used to house the world famous Thornton Heath Cricket Club before they burnt that down into the very bumpy path that leads to Mayfield Stadium (or The Crem as known to locals as it borders Croydon Crematorium - they you are, easy!

Not much in the way of local derbies now since Croydon FC got relegated and worse still moved to somewhere called Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, which of course is not a sensible walk from my side of Thornton Heath at all, I can’t think why anyone would want to watch a team play there every other week (!)

Come on you Rams!
Old 12-10-2020, 10:24 AM

Marshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMarshian lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
Bought a ST for East Grinstead this season, travelled to Ashford on Saturday, another 3 nil win for the Wasps.

Is it just me or do I in fact enjoy this more than watching Palace ?
Also at this game with my son, desperate for some live footy. Enjoyed the afternoon, decent pint. However we were rooting for Ashford
Old 12-10-2020, 11:43 AM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have a season ticket for Gloucester city who have returned home to meadow park Gloucester after 13 years
Sadly they are in national League north so no fans but have been to a youth match which was not bad as it is live football after all and attracted about 150fans
Short walk from my house and couple of pubs on the way
Only hope they relax the rules but after today not sure that's likely
Old 12-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Been to see Bromley a few times, but hoping to make it to see Holmesdale FC vs Greenways this weekend. Holmesdale are very close to where I live and can sometimes hear the shouting from my back garden!

They did use to be linked to the Baptist Church on Holmesdale Road, SE25, so you could argue there is sort of a Crystal Palace connection there!

Last edited by Scrumpy; 14-10-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:57 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
I'm Cambridge-based & as my lad's attempt to Visit the 92 is on hold, we're ground-hopping round our way. Done St Neots, Peterborough Sports & Histon & have St Ives, Ely, Newmarket etc. on our list.

I can have a beer whilst watching the game, he can whisper 'Dodgy keeper!' at the oppo #1. Leave ours at 2pm earliest, home by 5:30pm latest. Average £12 for us both to get in. What's not to like?
Old 12-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Occasionally go with mates to watch Tonbridge Angels play but currently they cannot have crowds as they are considered an elite team!! Did see them play last week in the cup though. Think next round is tomorrow night.

If I don't have anything better to do I go to see Biggleswade United who play at the end of my road in the Spartan Midland League. Cost is £6 and usually attract crowds of @ 100 but have a bit following on social media as the club chairman is sports presenter & writer, Guilliem Balague who gets the likes of Maradona & Messi to pose with the club shirt. Ex Rangers player Nacho Novo currently plays for them.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:58 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here