Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-11-2020, 06:02 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Electric cars

I am a complete duffer on this, but have the government thought this through?
Whataboutery:
Millions of people who live in flats?
Millions with only off street parking?
Hotels and inns after you may have driven hundreds of miles to get there?
Car parks?
The hit on the national grid?
Visiting friends and relatives?
Places like the dreaded Center Parcs.
The batteries, are they Lithium and what happens when they die, how do we get rid of them?
Old 30-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
The charging infrastructure is key (and I have read some horror stories about the state of the current UK infrastructure). Sooner or later demand will provide, but until then the government really needs to get involved big time. Forget charging overnight, new fast charging points can do the job much quicker so you could get a top up charge or even a full charge, say at the supermarket in the time it takes to do your shop (so people living in flats won't need to plug in overnight).
Batteries - totally recyclable but again no infrastructure. Demand will definitely drive this as recyclers have the potential to make decent money.
Old 30-11-2020, 06:25 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lithium recycling plants are a massive growth industry. Plants being built in Aus now... Electric cars future access will be mostly subscription and on demand to fleet access at a point near you in highly urbanised locales. WA is building the longest continuous electric network in the world at present. From Esperance to Kunnanara. A distance of circa 4,500 ks. The Grid will be upgraded to smaller network points with far more renewable energy feed ins.
Old 30-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Also, just replacing petrol/diesel cars with electric is not the answer. We need to reduce our use of cars overall.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 30-11-2020, 06:47 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Monorail....
Hey how about the club could invent a little plastic card that you could have in your wallet to access games and maybe it could even come in a little wallet of its own, now that would be really convenient .... just a thought !
Old 30-11-2020, 06:53 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Uber it
Old 30-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Electric becomes a bit easier if combined with self driving. I.e. fleet of cars that return themselves to depot for charging. But seems the tech companies are a little less bullish on that these days. But either way the rate of car ownership probably needs to decline.
Old 30-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle View Post
I am a complete duffer on this, but have the government thought this through?
Whataboutery:
Millions of people who live in flats?
Millions with only off street parking?
Hotels and inns after you may have driven hundreds of miles to get there?
Car parks?
The hit on the national grid?
Visiting friends and relatives?
Places like the dreaded Center Parcs.
The batteries, are they Lithium and what happens when they die, how do we get rid of them?
The Council have put three charging points in a road two minutes walk away. There are four in a supermarket less than a mile away and most Shell garages are soon to get them. There are two within a mile of us. Although we don't have off street parking, I'm not sure that is a problem anymore if we wanted to go electric.
Old 30-11-2020, 07:09 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Also, just replacing petrol/diesel cars with electric is not the answer. We need to reduce our use of cars overall.
We need to charge cyclist for using the road and horses and when they shit they should be made to pick it up that applies to horses to. Long live the car.

Old 30-11-2020, 07:28 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
If I decide to buy an electric car, do I need a current Driving License?
Old 30-11-2020, 07:34 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
Electric becomes a bit easier if combined with self driving. I.e. fleet of cars that return themselves to depot for charging.
You would find it difficult to plug a car in?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 30-11-2020, 07:35 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
We need to charge cyclist for using the road and horses and when they shit they should be made to pick it up that applies to horses to. Long live the car.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 30-11-2020, 07:35 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Old 30-11-2020, 07:36 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
And those poxy motorcyclists
Old 30-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
Yes, but there are extra charges
Old 30-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Kings of the road.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 30-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe but you will need 400 AA batteries from the PoundShop to run it.
Old 30-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Eh? we need organ donors.
Old 30-11-2020, 08:42 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
You would find it difficult to plug a car in?
Not me personally, my next car will be electric, but streetside charging infrastructure might be tricky. So self driving makes that issue easier for those in flats etc. Unlikely that the world is going to move to Uber style self driving fleets anytime soon, but could imagine some cities moving that way.
Old 30-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
I've just put a deposit down on a plug in hybrid.

We've solar on the roof so I can charge up for free and it should have a 40km range on pure electric so all my daily nipping around will hopefully be electric unless I want to put my foot down.