Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 29-12-2020, 12:27 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
January transfer targets

Who and what positions should we be targeting?

For me we need

CM - younger, box to box, but if creativity about them

RW - we need a right winger

CB - need to get younger at the back..

striker - Bats isn’t fancied and is expensive

I don’t think January is time to fill all of the above but we can’t start. My two suggestions would be

Ajer from Celtic as the Centre back

Armstrong from Blackburn as the striker
Old 29-12-2020, 12:29 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
We could use some players, but will we actually get any? Not unless there are outgoings or a bargain crops up IMO
Old 29-12-2020, 12:36 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
We could use some players, but will we actually get any? Not unless there are outgoings or a bargain crops up IMO
Think there is money available. But think they’ll only use it on the right player rather than for sake of it
Old 29-12-2020, 12:45 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looking at Leicester’s side yesterday they have a number of fringe players I would be interested in:

Amartey - Decent CB, strong and good in the air. Can also play RB and CM. Only 25

Choudhrey and Mendy - both would improve our central midfield. Choudhrey has obviously come through their youth set up but is 23 now and probably isn’t getting the game time he would like, Mendy is also playing 2nd fiddle to Ndidi in that holding midfield role and would probably want more game time.

Demari Gray - We have been linked with him before, would be a great addition.

All of those players would improve our starting 11 and for the right fee I would imagine they would be available, especially if Leicester qualified for the Champions League and made 3 or 4 additions to their own squads.

Maybe ones to look at in the summer
Old 29-12-2020, 12:49 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
We won’t be signing anyone in Jan. when Sakho, Ferguson and Wickham become fit they will be “like new signings”....
Old 29-12-2020, 12:50 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Why would players leave a champs league chasing team to go to a lower mid table side.

I’d look at cream of championship... Armstrong from Blackburn looks decent. Will Hughes has always impressed me.
Old 29-12-2020, 12:53 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
2 new CBs
2 new center midfieder
And a decent center forward.

What we will get is hot air from Roy and Parish.
Old 29-12-2020, 01:17 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I know there's a lot of work to be done on the squad in general but I think this window I'd be looking to add a right-sided attacker as the priority as we don't have many options there atm. We've got loads of defenders and central midfielders as well so I guess those areas can be sorted in the summer.

Do we need to sell/release somebody first?
Old 29-12-2020, 01:26 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
We'll no doubt muddle through with what we have, if Roy is going at the end of the season I'm not sure much would be spent in the meantime.

But a replacement/ competition for Townsend would be a must in January in my opinion.
Old 29-12-2020, 01:31 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Who and what positions should we be targeting?

For me we need

CM - younger, box to box, but if creativity about them

RW - we need a right winger

CB - need to get younger at the back..

striker - Bats isn’t fancied and is expensive

I don’t think January is time to fill all of the above but we can’t start. My two suggestions would be

Ajer from Celtic as the Centre back

Armstrong from Blackburn as the striker
I wouldn't bring anyone in, i would be looking to keep the funds for the new manager in the summer. Unless a deal so good we have to take it becomes available.

I would be looking at Ligue 1 as with the collapse of their TV deal there could be some clubs needing to sell over there to survive.

Look at someone like Loic Bade at Lens as a young CB that they signed on a free transfer last summer.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 29-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 29-12-2020, 01:36 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
We'll no doubt muddle through with what we have, if Roy is going at the end of the season I'm not sure much would be spent in the meantime.

But a replacement/ competition for Townsend would be a must in January in my opinion.
Michael Olise at Reading, perfect for the AT replacement, will cost a bit mind but a great prospect.
Old 29-12-2020, 01:57 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
2 new CBs
2 new center midfieder
And a decent center forward.

What we will get is hot air from Roy and Parish.
How many clubs in the bottom half could afford all of that in one go, unless they go for cheap substandard players
Old 29-12-2020, 01:58 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I wouldn't bring anyone in, i would be looking to keep the funds for the new manager in the summer. Unless a deal so good we have to take it becomes available.

I would be looking at Ligue 1 as with the collapse of their TV deal there could be some clubs needing to sell over there to survive.

Look at someone like Loic Bade at Lens as a young CB that they signed on a free transfer last summer.
Agree, no chance Parish will spend any money with us likely getting a new manager in the summer. Doesn’t make much sense unless we are in a real relegation scrap come the last week of Jan.
Old 29-12-2020, 02:05 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
We won’t be signing anyone in Jan. when Sakho, Ferguson and Wickham become fit they will be “like new signings”....
Wickham becoming fit isnt even a funny joke anymore
Old 29-12-2020, 02:06 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Think there is money available. But think they’ll only use it on the right player rather than for sake of it
they will only use it on a very good bet of a profit in the future like Eze not for fit for purpose position fillers which cost lots like Watkins for example.
Old 29-12-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP'S Nuts View Post
they will only use it on a very good bet of a profit in the future like Eze not for fit for purpose position fillers which cost lots like Watkins for example.
Watkins who completely ran us ragged on Boxing Day?
Old 29-12-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

Wouldn’t be a bad thing to be honest.

Agree on the Lige 1. There will be some bargains
Old 29-12-2020, 02:36 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Watkins who completely ran us ragged on Boxing Day?
My cat could have run us ragged on Boxing Day. We were excrement.

Wouldn't be so sure about Demarai Gray after that - he was toilet yesterday, true it's only one game.
Old 29-12-2020, 02:39 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wouldn’t be a bad thing to be honest.

Agree on the Lige 1. There will be some bargains
I think some refreshment of the defence would be no bad thing in this window - whilst Hodgson is still here and after the recent shambolic defensive performances this player will benefit from half a season of indoctrination into our defensive set-up before someone like Howe comes in and replaces defence drilling with a course in how to look like Barcelona whilst being nowhere near as good.
Old 29-12-2020, 03:16 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
In theory a lot of football league clubs need money now. So I'd be looking at some good Championship players. I'm hoping Jan is more of a buyer's market than normal.