Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:44 AM

Montyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMontyburns76 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Relegation concerns

I’m probably the only one (maybe) but based on last nights performance and a number of others not to mention squad age I do worry that eventually the big R will catch up with us , I think it’s built in with supporting palace but I always find myself wishing defeat on any team below us even from earlier on in the season .....worried ? You bet I am constantly
Old 09-02-2021, 08:49 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
The three teams at the bottom picked up 1 point between them at the weekend, we are 14 points clear, which means we would not have to win and Fulham win 5 to over take us, I mean I'm a negative nelly at times but there's no way we are going down
Old 09-02-2021, 08:50 AM
Lost in the Pine Barrens

Paulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think it's a legit worry if we lose Wilf but whilst he stays with us in his prime I think he is good enough to single handedly keep us up. When he does go, we really need to spend the money we get for him wisely. But it's not as bad as last night suggests because we should have funds to bring in a quality replacement whereas last night we were playing PVA and Andros in his position.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:50 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyburns76 View Post
I’m probably the only one (maybe) but based on last nights performance and a number of others not to mention squad age I do worry that eventually the big R will catch up with us , I think it’s built in with supporting palace but I always find myself wishing defeat on any team below us even from earlier on in the season .....worried ? You bet I am constantly
Eventually, probably. Teams our size usually don't get more than a decade in the top flight. Concern for this season, not really, but next season we've either got to change a lot of players (and presumably the manager) or we're going to face an even bigger struggle to perform.

Realistically we're one transfer away from relegation (Zaha).
Old 09-02-2021, 08:52 AM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Not this season but I agree with Monty, unless our squad issues (in particular aged and injury prone players, reliance on Wilf) then relegation will catch up with us in the next season or two.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:52 AM

moore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses growmoore74 knows where the wild roses grow
I think we will be fine this season the three teams in the relegation zone look all but gone think it will be a low total of points this season to stay up.
We have a big summer ahead where we need to recruit smartly and need to think hard about if we get a new Manager in and clear a lot of the dead wood out if we do not act quickly and early we are in for a very tough season.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:58 AM

Bungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBungalow came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We are 33/1 to go down this year with 7 teams on shorter odds (3 very short).

I nearly just typed relax but decided not to (this IS palace after all).
Old 09-02-2021, 08:58 AM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
I can't bring myself to believe we'll get relegated this season. All logic suggests the bottom three are too far behind. But we're certainly relegation material and, if Fulham got their act together and launched a miracle escape, we're by far the likeliest to get caught.

Worse than that is how horrendous we've become to watch. Put simply, every game seems like 90 minutes of watching the opposition play football while we plod around waiting for one of our "stars" to produce a moment of magic totally at odds with the rest of our boring, leaden play.

I'd like to think that having fans in the ground would add some much-needed energy and urgency. But to be totally honest, this team is probably beyond that now. Very much has the feel of a dead man walking.

So sad and frustrating given our bright-looking upward trajectory in the early 2010s. It feels like the only way is down from here.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:59 AM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lose the next four which is totally possible with this bunch of uninterested and mostly past it lot, and we are bang in the crap
Old 09-02-2021, 09:02 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I'm impressed; nine posts in and no one's mentioned the 'O' word yet.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 09-02-2021, 09:03 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
It will take top 7 form for one of the bottom three to stay up.

We ain’t going down, simple as.

Clinton Morrison
Old 09-02-2021, 09:04 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Like most I think we will be ok.this season but if Wilf goes and Roy stays next season will be horrible
Old 09-02-2021, 09:04 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Best points I can forecast for Fulham is about 34,so we would need to be a whole new level of toilet between now and the end of the season to go down and if we do go down from here, frankly it will be fully deserved.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:05 AM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
I've been concerned for 8 years, miracle we've hung around this long. A complete rebuild in the summer is needed - we've never been very good at doing that.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:05 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
I don’t want to belittle the owners achievements. We have experienced a very successful period over the last 10 years and they have made a number of excellent decisions including bringing in some good fire fighting managers to keep us in the division.

However, let’s be honest this period has largely been built around our fortune to have the best player Palace have ever had come through the youth system. No Wilf and we would not have been promoted and would almost certainly have been relegated in the last few years (again credit to the owners for bringing him back). I don’t think we are smart enough as a club to defy gravity for another 5 years unless we discover another world class talent or two in the academy.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:08 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Eventually, probably. Teams our size usually don't get more than a decade in the top flight. Concern for this season, not really, but next season we've either got to change a lot of players (and presumably the manager) or we're going to face an even bigger struggle to perform.

Realistically we're one transfer away from relegation (Zaha).
Realistically we're one transfer away from Top 6 (Messi or Haaland, I'm not fussy)
Old 09-02-2021, 09:09 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
We will be fine this season. None of the bottom 3 will get to 30 points, if they do it will be only 31/32 max so it means we need to win one more game.

Next season though, if Wilf forces through the move he so desperately wants and Roy is in charge of the rebuild I will be seriously worried.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:13 AM

LiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLiamelEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we can't beat at least one of Brighton, Burnley, Fulham, WBA in the next 6 then we deserve to go down.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:15 AM

Glazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is here
Do we need another “aging squad, aging manager, players out of contract, lack of investment, life after Wilf” thread ??
Old 09-02-2021, 09:16 AM

Bangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBangell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's entirely plausible that we don't get a single point for as long as Wilf is out. Could be looking a lot less safe by the time he returns.