Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Long Covid

Thread specifically about Long Covid.

Interested to hear your experiences. How long it lasted? Did anything help? Any point in going to the doctors?

Mine is only mild but it still really pisses me off. I had covid early Jan. A few days where I spent the mornings in bed knackered and dizzy but no biggie. I was mid cycling challenge when I got it, so jumped on my bike the day isolation finished feeling pretty good and had a few beers that evening thinking all is well. Felt awful the next day and that carried on for a couple of weeks. Foggy headed, often dizzy, occasional aches and headaches. Just over a week ago I thought I was ok again. Went for a less challenging bike ride, no booze after. Felt like crap again ever since and if anything it's getting worse. Some evenings I'm absolutely fine but it comes back. Don't think the Dr's can do much other than prescribe patience but I do have a blood test booked next week.

So keen to hear other experiences...
Old 23-02-2021, 03:34 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
We had 9 go down with it at work beginning of Dec, one died, 7 recovered fine and one has long CoVid. He is just starting to get over it now. So maybe you have another month to go before you start to see improvements.
Old 23-02-2021, 03:42 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Thread specifically about Long Covid.

Interested to hear your experiences. How long it lasted? Did anything help? Any point in going to the doctors?

Mine is only mild but it still really pisses me off. I had covid early Jan. A few days where I spent the mornings in bed knackered and dizzy but no biggie. I was mid cycling challenge when I got it, so jumped on my bike the day isolation finished feeling pretty good and had a few beers that evening thinking all is well. Felt awful the next day and that carried on for a couple of weeks. Foggy headed, often dizzy, occasional aches and headaches. Just over a week ago I thought I was ok again. Went for a less challenging bike ride, no booze after. Felt like crap again ever since and if anything it's getting worse. Some evenings I'm absolutely fine but it comes back. Don't think the Dr's can do much other than prescribe patience but I do have a blood test booked next week.

So keen to hear other experiences...
Hope you improve quickly.

Is there an actual time that is required to have lapsed from initial diagnosis that defines LC?
Old 23-02-2021, 03:51 PM

Flinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It took a good month or more for my sense of taste and smell to come back and I've had Covid toe on 3 separate occasions over the 10 months since I had Covid. The Covid toe thing is really weird, no other symptoms so its just a minor irritation. I guess it might not even be Covid toe, as I've not had a official diagnosis, but its not something that's ever occurred pre Covid.
Old 23-02-2021, 03:53 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Hope you improve quickly.

Is there an actual time that is required to have lapsed from initial diagnosis that defines LC?
Thanks. I've heard 4 weeks mentioned post Covid infection but I think it's a very loose term. Also fairly anecdotally I think it usually lasts a couple of months but sometimes longer. It's just usually you get ill, get better and carry on. This thing keeps coming back so it takes some adjusting to.
Old 23-02-2021, 03:54 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
It took a good month or more for my sense of taste and smell to come back and I've had Covid toe on 3 separate occasions over the 10 months since I had Covid. The Covid toe thing is really weird, no other symptoms so its just a minor irritation. I guess it might not even be Covid toe, as I've not had a official diagnosis, but its not something that's ever occurred pre Covid.
oh yeah I've had this for a while too. Never had it before.
Old 23-02-2021, 03:57 PM

Flinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
oh yeah I've had this for a while too. Never had it before.
Is yours on more than one toe? Mine crops up on individual toes and not always the same one.
Old 23-02-2021, 04:16 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
Is yours on more than one toe? Mine crops up on individual toes and not always the same one.
yes several
Old 23-02-2021, 04:21 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm just getting my energy back after being knackered for ages.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 23-02-2021, 04:27 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
This might be some help for the uninitiated...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 23-02-2021, 04:30 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had normal (?) Covid - 19 back at the end of September. 1 day in bed just sipping water. 3 days later I lost taste and smell for about a week and tested positive. It was like having a slight cold. If I hadn't been grieving following the death of my wife, I reckon that my Immune system wouldn't have been compromised at all and I would have been asymptomatic. I may be 68, but I am hardly ever ill, do not take any sort of medication and I am/was pretty fit. I can therefore only comment on people that I know who do have long term Covid. There are 2 of these. 1 is a fit woman in her 30's with no underlying health issues. She put a harrowing tale on Facebook about how she was previously in hospital struggling to breathe, on oxygen and crying, whilst nurses and doctors held her hand. A couple of months on she is improving but was at home and did suffer from Covid Pneumonia and scarred lungs. Another woman I know (Chirstine) who is probably in her late 50's or early 60's caught Covid back in December. Her Mother caught it and died at the same time. Christine does have epilepsy and she was a chain smoker (prior to catching Covid). She is still doing breathing exercises and her GP says that in the longer term , the best she can expect is to get COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 23-02-2021, 04:41 PM
Mutant Algorithm

I've got a friend who got covid pneumonia too nearly a year ago. She still really struggles to get about some days but is mostly back to relative normality. That is what I mean when I say I have it mild. It's annoying but could be so much worse.

Hope you are doing ok Beatleboy.
Old 23-02-2021, 04:58 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I've got a friend who got covid pneumonia too nearly a year ago. She still really struggles to get about some days but is mostly back to relative normality. That is what I mean when I say I have it mild. It's annoying but could be so much worse.

Hope you are doing ok Beatleboy.
Hiya. Yes thanks . Some days are still harder than others - nothing to do with Covid, but 11 months into the grief of losing someone to Cancer that I loved for 50 years and was married to for 46. Lockdown has been pretty tough on top of that.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 23-02-2021, 05:48 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
Hiya. Yes thanks . Some days are still harder than others - nothing to do with Covid, but 11 months into the grief of losing someone to Cancer that I loved for 50 years and was married to for 46. Lockdown has been pretty tough on top of that.
Very sorry to hear of your loss BB.

To suffer that at any time is terrible but throw Covid and lockdown on top it must have been, and still is no doubt, a horrendous time.

All the best.
Old 23-02-2021, 06:15 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Still not got taste or smell. 2 months later.
Old 23-02-2021, 06:27 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Lightweight is still not 100% (and still not back at work) after having covid from early January. I'm not sure if that is yet Long Covid, or just the normal recovery from a fairly serious dose of the virus. Of course, there is no single definition of long covid.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 23-02-2021, 06:43 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
Stay strong fella.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 23-02-2021, 07:27 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
My wife and 3 kids were all a bit sick just before Christmas.
My wife lost her sense of taste and smell and felt tired etc for about a week but we were not going out or meeting anyone over Xmas so didn't bother going for a test.
In January she was still going through periods of fatigue, headaches, sore eyes etc so decided to get an antibody test which came back positive.
Mine (strangely) was negative but it was even more strange that she had it even though she had barely been beyond the front door for 3 months as I do all the shopping, school runs etc.
Even today she still has fatigue, aching limbs etc and says she just can't seem to shake it off.
From the sounds of it she probably has another month of these symptoms.
Sorry to hear some of your stories, it is a real issue for my missus too - I just hope it will be over come the spring
Old 23-02-2021, 09:16 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I had never heard of 'covid toe' until this thread.

Best wishes to all of you suffering from (or should that be 'with..?) long covid.
Old 23-02-2021, 09:44 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I tested positive in early January. I didn’t actually have any symptoms at that stage.

I had the dizziness and fatigue. Was under the weather, like an average cold, and the. All of a sudden I had to sit / lay down with no energy - never known anything like it.

Also lost sense of smell and taste and that’s still not quite back to normal.

I think this week is the first week I have had normal energy consistently.

It was very frustrating.

Plus point. Still can’t smell cat litter when cleaning that out. Negative point, chocolate just takes like pure sugar and all I fancy eating is bread.