Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 28-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Festivals 2021

So who is doing what this summer now it looks likely things are back on?

I shall be doing 2000 Trees, Clockstock, Reading (Sat only chaperoning / chauffeuring the kids), probably bearded theory and maybe some other dance stuff if poss early summer
Old 01-03-2021, 10:58 AM

Rob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningRob Agates would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I have tickets rolled over from 2020 for Black Deer (late June), Love Supreme (early July) and Red Rooster (August Bank Holiday), so am hopeful that these will all go ahead.

Whether the American acts will want to come over and play them is another matter.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:09 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Agates View Post
I have tickets rolled over from 2020 for Black Deer (late June), Love Supreme (early July) and Red Rooster (August Bank Holiday), so am hopeful that these will all go ahead.

Whether the American acts will want to come over and play them is another matter.
I'm genuinely interested to see how some of the festivals manage this. It's not just getting American bands over here, but UK bands being Able to tour abroad.

I'm surprised as many festivals are still planning to go ahead with the logistics it involves.

No tickets for anything yet. I'll see how things are looking in a couple of months before making any decisions.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:38 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
So who is doing what this summer now it looks likely things are back on?

I shall be doing 2000 Trees, Clockstock, Reading (Sat only chaperoning / chauffeuring the kids), probably bearded theory and maybe some other dance stuff if poss early summer
Perhaps there might be some tension between those who want to free to do what ever they want and those who are nervous about covid and wanting to keep their distance (while at the festival)? Personally, I'm hoping to go to some outdoor music events (and indoor ones), maybe not festivals at the moment.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:20 AM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Perhaps there might be some tension between those who want to free to do what ever they want and those who are nervous about covid and wanting to keep their distance (while at the festival)? Personally, I'm hoping to go to some outdoor music events (and indoor ones), maybe not festivals at the moment.
Will need the equivalent of 'baby on board' badges that women wear on the tube. A big badge that say 'I'm social distancing, **** off'
Old 02-03-2021, 02:45 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Will need the equivalent of 'baby on board' badges that women wear on the tube. A big badge that say 'I'm social distancing, **** off'
could end up like this...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

SaulAlinsky
Old 02-03-2021, 06:03 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Flaming Lips are the ultimate festival band.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Doing the Bingley Weekender, second week in August with the Pixies & Primal Scream headlining.

No idea if it's still on as they haven't posted anything on social media since December.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:11 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjas Headband View Post
Doing the Bingley Weekender, second week in August with the Pixies & Primal Scream headlining.

No idea if it's still on as they haven't posted anything on social media since December.
Pixies, not the Pixies.

Sorry NH but it's a right old bug bear of mine
Old 02-03-2021, 07:28 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Black Deer. Has been pushed back a week, so hoping most of the acts will still be there.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:30 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post

I'm in - where do I buy one?
Old 02-03-2021, 08:02 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I'm genuinely interested to see how some of the festivals manage this. It's not just getting American bands over here, but UK bands being Able to tour abroad.

I'm surprised as many festivals are still planning to go ahead with the logistics it involves.

No tickets for anything yet. I'll see how things are looking in a couple of months before making any decisions.
Reading sold out within a couple of days of confirmation it was going ahead. I wouldn't wait too long for getting tickets for anything else.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Pixies, not the Pixies.

Fair enough! I should know better.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:48 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Pixies, not the Pixies.

To be fair, he didn't say The Pixies, so the Pixies is arguably grammatically correct

Sorry to be a bummer - but for me personally, I'm not going to do any festivals this year. I don't want to go to a festival with limited people allowed in tents, and hand washing stations everywhere, and testing and temperature taking bays all over the place and inoculation passports, and messages about 'Covid Covid Covid' everywhere.

I'm really looking forward to getting out for some nice grub, and some open air one-day gigs, etc. and some lovely beer gardens with tunes on and all that, but I don't want to compromise at all when I am at a festival.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:08 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Reading sold out within a couple of days of confirmation it was going ahead. I wouldn't wait too long for getting tickets for anything else.
You know me Pete.

I back myself in most circumstances to get a ticket somehow.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:28 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
You know me Pete.

I back myself in most circumstances to get a ticket somehow.
fair enough. Let me know if you see any decent gigs coming up...
Old 03-03-2021, 11:11 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
To be fair, he didn't say The Pixies, so the Pixies is arguably grammatically correct
He's so not gramatically correct unless you also say the Duran Duran or the Radiohead or the CHVRCHES or the The The...
Old 03-03-2021, 12:23 PM
Mutant Algorithm

you guys may be correct but if you say to someone you love Pixies they think you've been doing acid
Old 03-03-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
you guys may be correct but if you say to someone you love Pixies they think you've been doing acid
Old 03-03-2021, 12:59 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

TBF, I had just dropped some acid before I wrote the Pixies, so do 2 wrongs make a right?