Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Wine and beer pairings

Prompted by a discussion on the the Sunday Roast Thread, I thought that the BBS cooks and foodies (hate that expression) might benefit from a thread where we might share observations on wine and beer with food.

Fire away, guys.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 07-04-2021, 10:22 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
From the thread title I thought you were after recommendations of what beers go best with which wines
Old 07-04-2021, 10:33 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Fat and fizz
Fizz and Fish & Chips
White Rioja and Fish & Chips
Gewurztraminer and Thai food
Guinness and Oysters

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 07-04-2021, 10:43 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
From the thread title I thought you were after recommendations of what beers go best with which wines
Me too. After last Sunday I would say none.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:12 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Same here. A decent German riesling would go well with a decent German beer.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:09 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Are we drinking them at the same time, or moving from one onto the other?
Old 08-04-2021, 04:12 AM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This thread reminds me of the London restaurant Bubbledogs based around Champagne and hotdogs.
Smoked cheese and crusty bread with red wine or strong belgium beer is a nice treat.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:05 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of my favourite bars, if not the favourite is a place called boilermaker house. Where they pair Beer and Whisky with food. A Boilermaker is the pairing of beer and whisky. Crawled out of there more than once.

Something like this with a simple ploughman's platter does it for me... Which they do as follows.

A taste of it all, 5 meats (100g), 3 cheeses (90g), pickles,
olives & all the trimmings.

Red Hill 2018 Christmas Abbey Ale, Kereru Paloma BA Barleywine,
Garage Project Carrillon Oud Bruin
Glenfarclas 8, Writer's Tears Double Oak, Talisker 8...

Bit pricey for that lot, so a once or perhaps twice a year treat, now I'm on retirement income.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:36 AM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought it was going to be about pub recommendations. Just in case it is about that and everyone else on the thread is wrong, the Real Ale Way in Hayes has about 8 Kentish ales for me and several wines for the missus. Excellent. Can't wait for it to re-open.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:27 AM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
I thought it was going to be about pub recommendations. Just in case it is about that and everyone else on the thread is wrong, the Real Ale Way in Hayes has about 8 Kentish ales for me and several wines for the missus. Excellent. Can't wait for it to re-open.
It is a corker agreed.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
A tart plum saison goes well with hard cheese (and oysters apparently, I hate oysters so have never tried this).
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:38 AM
Incel slayer

mickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmickymags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Special Brew and Morleys
Old 08-04-2021, 08:45 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Fat and fizz
Fizz and Fish & Chips
White Rioja and Fish & Chips
Gewurztraminer and Thai food
Guinness and Oysters
Missed out Gruner Veltliner and Chinese...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-04-2021, 09:11 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Missed out Gruner Veltliner and Chinese...
Or Pinot Gris. Or Riesling.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:45 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Leffe blonde with roquefort.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:11 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh dear a fruit based drink for the ladies.

You are Al Murray and I claim my £5.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can help: when I run out of Stella I nick Mrs Skint's Chardonnay.

Its shyte but needs must.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:17 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Blue cheese goes very well with Black IPAs ��
Old 08-04-2021, 10:06 PM

Flinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlinty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
They’re opening another pub in West Wickham.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:11 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Buckfast with Tennents Super