Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-04-2021, 08:00 AM

lofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Accountants for the self employed.

Morning All
Are there any accountants on here, that would do work for a one man set up?
Any information would be very much appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-04-2021, 12:52 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
My suggestion would be getting recommendations from people you know, if possible. I'd also say it depends what you would wish them to do and what you're prepared to do; important considerations.

I have found that my accountant has saved me far more than the cost of the service over the years and you get that warm inner glow that you don't have to worry about those areas they are covering for you.

PM to follow.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:48 PM

west eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
as chillo says

think about what you need as if you want a cover all accountant then it will cost, but if your up for some basic data entry then just have them present your annual returns then it can work out reasonable.
all prices changes for Ltd or sole traders, VAT registered, UK only or Worldwide trading etc.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:54 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
My accountant spent two years inside for VAT fraud quite recently.

I can send you his details by PM if you like?

Cricket wanker.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:28 PM

lofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That would be helpful, I'm in Belmarsh...
Old 08-04-2021, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
My accountant spent two years inside for VAT fraud quite recently.

I can send you his details by PM if you like?
That would be helpful, I'm in Belmarsh...
Old 08-04-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west eagle View Post
as chillo says

think about what you need as if you want a cover all accountant then it will cost, but if your up for some basic data entry then just have them present your annual returns then it can work out reasonable.
all prices changes for Ltd or sole traders, VAT registered, UK only or Worldwide trading etc.
Thank you for that...
Old 08-04-2021, 04:33 PM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty3rgj View Post
Morning All
I was self employed until very recently - IR35 put paid to that. However, the accountants i used are called Freestyle Accounting (based in Coventry) and have been very good. They will do pretty much all the HMRC tasks required - but they charge £210 per month. That cost is tax deduct-able.

Good luck.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
I was self employed until very recently - IR35 put paid to that. However, the accountants i used are called Freestyle Accounting (based in Coventry) and have been very good. They will do pretty much all the HMRC tasks required - but they charge £210 per month. That cost is tax deduct-able.

Good luck.
Thanks...
Old 08-04-2021, 04:50 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Morning All
Are you VAT registered?
Old 08-04-2021, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Are you VAT registered?
No.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:01 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
No.
So not a Ltd company, not administering PAYE or dividend, you should be able to get away with one visit a year to an accountant but keep records and receipts of everything. Really shouldn't be expensive.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:09 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
The clue was in the op.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-04-2021, 10:38 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
So not a Ltd company, not administering PAYE or dividend, you should be able to get away with one visit a year to an accountant but keep records and receipts of everything. Really shouldn't be expensive.
Something like quick books or xero (both online accountancy packages) should deal with the day to day to save on the annual accountant cost. Itís all uploaded so the accountant has a tick box exercise for a very small business.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Thank you.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Something like quick books or xero (both online accountancy packages) should deal with the day to day to save on the annual accountant cost. Itís all uploaded so the accountant has a tick box exercise for a very small business.
Thank you.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
The clue was in the op.
Old 09-04-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Very much so, but if he is new to self employment an initial consultation with an accountant on what is deductible and what records to keep etc could be invaluable in terms of minimising tax and advising how, where and when to spend.

Thinking capital expenditure, home office costs, vehicle ownership or lease, mileage recording, etc etc.

None of it is complicated but they don't teach it at school and if you have been on PAYE previously no need to learn. Not meaning to sound patronising, and apologies if I do.

Also if he gets successful or wants to minimize personal liability he may want to start a Ltd company again an accountant can talk you through the options, benefits, drawbacks and costs.

Best of luck lofty. I am always full of admiration for those taking the step into controlling their own employment outcomes
Old 09-04-2021, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Very much so, but if he is new to self employment an initial consultation with an accountant on what is deductible and what records to keep etc could be invaluable in terms of minimising tax and advising how, where and when to spend.

Thinking capital expenditure, home office costs, vehicle ownership or lease, mileage recording, etc etc.

None of it is complicated but they don't teach it at school and if you have been on PAYE previously no need to learn. Not meaning to sound patronising, and apologies if I do.

Also if he gets successful or wants to minimize personal liability he may want to start a Ltd company again an accountant can talk you through the options, benefits, drawbacks and costs.

Best of luck lofty. I am always full of admiration for those taking the step into controlling their own employment outcomes
Thank you.
Old 13-04-2021, 04:01 PM
Slimy member

Conger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sorry, onoy just seen this. If you're still looking I'm a partner in an accounting firm that deals with just this sort of thing. Happy to speak , no obligations, to help out a fellow BBSer. PM me if interested