Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ Euro 2020/2021

Notices

Euro 2020/2021 Euro 2020 Forum

Old 26-04-2021, 05:28 PM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Euro 2021

Been taking some time to check out some of the views of Englandís chances this Summer from the perspective of overseas football fans. Had to have help from my wife with translations, but the consensus is that England certainly have the quality to win this tournament. The question yet to be answered is if that can play as a team at the highest level rather than as excellent individuals. The French certainly are not underestimating the English. Our Spanish friend are also seeing England as very serious contenders IF they operate collectively.

The difference this time is that routinely they do not feel that the English are overestimating Their quality or chances.

Jury still out though.

Maybe Kabbot has some insights?
Old 26-04-2021, 05:37 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
All the mainland European students at Uni I’ve spoken to about England rate us pretty highly.

I do feel that England fans tend to be blinkered and cynical, but who could blame them after the disappointment of ‘the golden generation.’
Old 26-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Going forward they could be excellent (Kane, Foden, Sterling and Sancho is an excellent front line)

Harry Maguire is pretty bad and there is obviously a dearth of decent keepers at the moment.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 26-04-2021, 05:59 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
I know this should also be in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, but I think Gareth Southgate is the ideal international manager.
Old 26-04-2021, 06:00 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Euro 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
I know this should also be in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, but I think Gareth Southgate is the ideal international manager.

I can only assume itís because you think international football is utter shit, in which case we agree!
Old 26-04-2021, 06:07 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Nope. I love it. I go full Eng Ger Land in tournament years. I just think he is much more adventurous and ruthless than he is painted.
Old 26-04-2021, 06:16 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Nope. I love it. I go full Eng Ger Land in tournament years. I just think he is much more adventurous and ruthless than he is painted.
I was shocked at his ditching of Rooney

Previous managers had pandered to him even though his legs had gone. Gareth was having none of it. Heís not as nice as people think
Old 26-04-2021, 06:19 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
England definitely have a chance. As a squad, probably only France have more depth and as a team England are right up there with the best. Every team has weaknesses in some areas and it has the potential to be an open and unpredictable tournament. I think there are 12 teams who genuinely have a shot of winning.
Old 26-04-2021, 06:29 PM

HRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
England are decent team but I don’t see us as being good enough to go all the way. In fact due to the draw we’re actually pretty unlikely to go past the first knock out phase. The group stage won’t be a walk in the park either. Croatia are an ageing but experienced side, Scotland will play like their lives depend on it against us and Czech football seems to be on an upward curve at the moment as well, I see them being a bit of a dark horse.
Old 26-04-2021, 06:32 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
If we line up the first game with the likes of sterling, dier and rashford then I can't see us progressing too far. If the likes of foden, rice and grealish etc play then maybe. Big issue is the back 4 and keeper though
Old 26-04-2021, 06:38 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRS View Post
England are decent team but I donít see us as being good enough to go all the way. In fact due to the draw weíre actually pretty unlikely to go past the first knock out phase. The group stage wonít be a walk in the park either. Croatia are an ageing but experienced side, Scotland will play like their lives depend on it against us and Czech football seems to be on an upward curve at the moment as well, I see them being a bit of a dark horse.
There's no easy games but the draw is very favourable. Czech Republic are alright, Croatia have been poor recently and Scotland...yeah. If England can't get in the top 3 there really is no hope.
Old 26-04-2021, 06:49 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Wonít lie Iíll be gutted if we donít make the final

We have (mostly) home advantage, some excellent attacking options in strength and depth, if we keep our best players fit we stand out possibly as the best squad in the tournament

Itís our turn, nearly 60 years ffs
Old 26-04-2021, 06:50 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
If we line up the first game with the likes of sterling, dier and rashford then I can't see us progressing too far. If the likes of foden, rice and grealish etc play then maybe. Big issue is the back 4 and keeper though
Dier will do well to make the squad.

Kalvin Phillips, now there’s a player with question marks over him who’s pretty likely to be starting in midfield.
Old 26-04-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Dier will do well to make the squad.

Kalvin Phillips, now thereís a player with question marks over him whoís pretty likely to be starting in midfield.
Been outstanding for Leeds, not for England. I get the sense the respective managers explain both of those things.
Old 26-04-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Been outstanding for Leeds, not for England. I get the sense the respective managers explain both of those things.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 26-04-2021, 07:07 PM

As much maligned as Stones and Maguire are, there’s still not really a debate there, they’re clearly starting. Hard to go wrong with our right backs, Shaw will be at left back (with Chilwell a good deputy). Our keepers are much of muchness. I think Henderson is the best all round but he’s had the least game time, Pope maybe the best shot stopper but dogshit distribution, Pickford has had some howlers for Everton but did well at the last World Cup.

The meaningful debate is regarding our midfielders and forwards.

What I think Southgate will play:

——-Phillips——-Rice——-
————-Mount————-
Foden——Kane——-Sterling

What I’d like to see:

-—Bellingham——Rice——
————Mount—————
Foden——-Kane——S/S/R

I’m not sure Phillips is all that without Bielsa. Bellingham is very young of course, but arguably has just as much, if not more top level experience already, through the champions league.

Grealish is just unlucky to be competing with Mount and Foden. If he goes on a crazy run of form from now until the end of the season, he’d have a stronger case.

I certainly think we need one of Sancho, Sterling or Rashford (S/S/R) starting at all times, for pace on the counter. I think Southgate will go for Sterling out of loyalty, but I’m fine with any of the 3, they all have pros and cons regarding club form, and England form.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 26-04-2021 at 09:44 PM.
Old 26-04-2021, 07:53 PM

HRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
There's no easy games but the draw is very favourable. Czech Republic are alright, Croatia have been poor recently and Scotland...yeah. If England can't get in the top 3 there really is no hope.
And should we win the group we will likely play France, Germany or Portugal.
Old 26-04-2021, 07:55 PM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bellingham is excellent, but has been picking up a fair few yellows and a red recently. I wonder if he is mature enough yet? We know what happens when England play Portugal. They know all the dark arts. Maybe we will go, but will be brought in later in games when opposition legs are tired.
Old 26-04-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRS View Post
And should we win the group we will likely play France, Germany or Portugal.
Which is tough, Portugal's tournament record in the last 20 years is outstanding, France have a very strong squad and Germany are poor at the moment but it's still Germany. Like every team at this Euros, they are all beatable. England included.
Old 27-04-2021, 10:53 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
England will do.what they normally, struggle at first, then play like geniuses until they get to the 1/4s or even the semis...and get stuffed.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.