Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Sign tekkers up?
Sign him up. 687 83.37%
Its time to move on. 137 16.63%
Voters: 824. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-05-2021, 01:28 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
The 2021 Benteke contract dilemma (poll)

What on earth do we do now with Christian? Hes been with us for 5 years now playing 136 games scoring 30 goals in the process. Hes now 30 but even though hes had baron spells (lord he has), hes always played for the team in other areas with his support/hold up play, not to mention his defensive duties. No one can deny hes earnt a small fortune in the process (not his fault), but he looks like hes back to the player we knew and loved in his early days. He constantly carries a threat and brings Wilf and Eze into play, especially in the role Eze now plays.

Replacing him would cost a fortune in transfer fees and wages to replace and would we get a player that offers as much as he gives us - see many a striker thats gone for large money and done fk all.

The best compromise would be 1 year extension with lower wages but would he accept that when surely he could get a longer contract and more money elsewhere.

Where do you stand with Tekkers - Sign him up or not?
Old 16-05-2021, 01:29 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Sign
Old 16-05-2021, 01:32 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
He’ll have his takers, as I said on other thread I think Brighton may show an interest
Old 16-05-2021, 01:32 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not that simple. IF we can reduce his wages, then yes, we should keep, but if not, then he should go.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:33 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
We should be trying to sign him again, but the fact he hasn't signed yet says to me he has other options.

Everyone assumed when he resigned last year it was on identical terms but I suspect he was on lower.

I've no idea what figure he would be looking for now, but I reckon if he doesn't resign it's because the number is too high rather than we don't want him to stay.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:33 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I’m a teeny tiny bit worried that he’s just playing for a new deal, and will down tools afterwards in cynical Adebayor or Willian esque fashion. But on balance, sign him up.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:35 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is hereScifo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Im a teeny tiny bit worried that hes just playing for a new deal, and will down tools afterwards in cynical Adebayor or Willian esque fashion. But on balance, sign him up.
Just mentioned this on the other thread, but he was playing for a new deal last season as well.

This season he is just playing better.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:37 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
If he wants to stay, sign him up.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:37 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
If he wants to stay, sign him up.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:41 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
It’s going to be very expensive to convince him to resign. Probably 7m+ a season, multiplied by two or three years. I hope this has a happy ending. If he resigns we see the Benteke we have seen recently and get a couple more seasons of 10+ goals a season out of him.

If however if he does sigh a new mega contract and goes back to producing uninterested shit again next season, I think he will become one of my most ever hated Palace players.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:45 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Double post

Last edited by BillyTKid; 16-05-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Old 16-05-2021, 01:57 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Keep!
Old 16-05-2021, 01:58 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Its going to be very expensive to convince him to resign. Probably 7m+ a season, multiplied by two or three years. I hope this has a happy ending. If he resigns we see the Benteke we have seen recently and get a couple more seasons of 10+ goals a season out of him.

If however if he does sigh a new mega contract and goes back to producing uninterested shit again next season, I think he will become one of my most ever hated Palace players.
There will probably be a re-sign fee on top of that and he will easily want 3 years - big gamble
Old 16-05-2021, 01:59 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Its going to be very expensive to convince him to resign. Probably 7m+ a season, multiplied by two or three years. I hope this has a happy ending. If he resigns we see the Benteke we have seen recently and get a couple more seasons of 10+ goals a season out of him.

When has he produced 'uninterested' shit?

He has been Barndoor Ben for long periods...but uninterested?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 16-05-2021, 02:02 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
If we cross he scores if we don't he doesn't .... our tactics have let him down and this good period was always coming after the injury problems were far enough behind him.

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Biggest waste of money in clubs history and people want it to continue..madness.

Far to static, we need a striker who wants to run channels and in box plus capable do give and goes. He never does none of these things.

Yes, if we wants to stay, sign him up.
Old 16-05-2021, 02:04 PM
Kentish Eagle

winners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwinners came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Eze seems to have made a big difference for tekkers, Can you trust him to keep this form going for a season after signing a contract? He will want a 3 year deal at his age. It’s a dilemma for sure.
Old 16-05-2021, 02:04 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
What's the dilemma (as the poll shows)?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-05-2021, 02:05 PM

GTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGTR came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would be delighted if we could secure 2 more years and if that costs 8-10m 'all in' I would do it. If it's more then we need to move on but I doubt we could get him to sign for less anytime soon.