Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Family / Divorce solicitors

Anyone got any recommendations?

I figured since the BBS is full of reprobates of questionable character, that plenty here must've had reason to use one at some point
Old 21-07-2021, 08:52 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
You getting divorced? Want access to the children?

Is there any way you can arrange this between you and your ex-partner.

I would always always try counselling and mediation before going the legal route.
Old 21-07-2021, 08:58 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Been separated 4 years. Pretty amicable.

Daughter is 15 (and probably more mature than the pair of us, to be fair), it's more about the division of assets.
Old 21-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
If it's amicable and 4 years have passed, do you need a solicitor?
Old 21-07-2021, 09:08 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Because the four years of amicability was simply to lull her into a false sense of security for this precise moment?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-07-2021, 09:11 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-er View Post
Been separated 4 years. Pretty amicable.

Daughter is 15 (and probably more mature than the pair of us, to be fair), it's more about the division of assets.
And you cant agree this between you?

Does she see the house as her home and you see it as a lump of cash that you want your share of?
Old 21-07-2021, 09:16 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
I think you still need submit the details to court. 50 plus the cost of a letter from the solicitor (500 approx).
Old 21-07-2021, 09:16 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I'm not sure how easy it is to do without a solicitor, but I'd say it's important to have what they call a 'clean break'. That way there can be no future liability for debts etc...
Old 21-07-2021, 09:23 PM
Slightly Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post

If you don't want to be butt-****ed, it's always wise to take legal advice before agreeing to anything in this day and age, one would suggest...
Old 21-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Slightly Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Because the four years of amicability was simply to lull her into a false sense of security for this precise moment?

I'm simply trying to maximise my financial return. I'm sure that's something you can identify with Adler

Though in this case, I appreciate that there is a mutual interest that tempers my desire to screw anyone over for my own personal benefit...
Old 21-07-2021, 09:31 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm simply trying to maximise my financial return. I'm sure that's something you can identify with Adler
Ha!

Have you asked anti-addick for advice?
Old 21-07-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
If you don't want to be butt-****ed, it's always wise to take legal advice before agreeing to anything in this day and age, one would suggest...
Trouble is when both parties get a solicitor and tell you you could do better.. you both tend to get butt ****ed by the solicitors...

However if you can agree everything between you and then have a solicitor draw up the agreement (between you or for court) then that is a different matter altogether and most sensible.

Good luck, I hope for your, your ex's and your daughter's sake this does not get adversarial or confrontational.

Inherently if you both loved each other once and are good people you will know what is fair
Old 21-07-2021, 09:35 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
My brother and his ex went through mediation. If the two of you can agree the major points of a separation, you might be able to to even avoid that, apply to the court and pay the divorce application feee.
Old 21-07-2021, 10:04 PM

Eastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is here
Having been divorced 3 times and spent the best part of 13 years issuing divorce petitions, the only real winners are solicitors.

Adren John has it just about right. Sort it out yourselves and get a solicitor to draw it up, mentioned the clean break. Also remember to closure on your and/her pensions.

If you're worried you're doing yourself financially go and chat to a solicitor for half an hour, so you get a sense of entitlement, some of them used to do free 30mins advice.

It's then up to you what you settle for within those margins. Anything contested will probably cost you 1-2k minimum. Several hearings and counsel snd you're looking st 20-40k.

Best to settle!
Old 21-07-2021, 10:12 PM
Slightly Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Trouble is when both parties get a solicitor and tell you you could do better.. you both tend to get butt ****ed by the solicitors...

However if you can agree everything between you and then have a solicitor draw up the agreement (between you or for court) then that is a different matter altogether and most sensible.
This is pretty much it. I do not want to be an arsehole, but equally I want to something to show for 20 years I put into a relationship where I was never no.1 (or after 2006, number 2) priority. Despite this, I think my STBX will be reasonable, as will I. But I want to give as little as possible to the ******* leeches that make a living out of pitting people against each other.

Ultimately, our daughter is an absolute star, who will doubtless achieve more in her life than wasters like WCB (and, to be fair, myself) could ever hope for. I will take immense pride from that, whatever else happens.
Old 21-07-2021, 10:37 PM

Good luck Santos-er. Try and keep your heart soft and mind clear. Easy to say of course, never easy to do.

But it certainly sounds like you have an amazing daughter to show as a reward from your relationship.
Old 22-07-2021, 04:37 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Quote:
But I want to give as little as possible to the ******* leeches that make a living out of pitting people against each other.
If you can agree in advance it will only be 500 in solicitor fees for the letter to go to the court (assuming your divorce is sorted out - online divorce is 600). You need the decree nisi to be able to finalise matters.
Old 22-07-2021, 08:09 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Good luck
Old 22-07-2021, 08:22 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
It's a long time since I got divorced and we had no children, but we agreed everything between ourselves and didn't use a solicitor at all.

Anyway, as Stav says, good luck.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-07-2021, 08:32 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
You can also use the mediation service, which helps work out a fair split of assets

You can find a mediator through this link To view the link you have to Register or Login