Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-07-2021, 04:00 PM

Crozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is here
Criminal Injury Compensation - advice

A few weeks ago my son was assaulted by two men and suffered a fractured skull and bleed on the brain. He was rushed to St Georges for emergency surgery.

Thankfully as far as we can tell he’s making a complete recovery and he’s been signed off by the physio and occupational health who are satisfied with his brain and cognitive functioning. He may have some permanent damage in one ear and he has a horseshoe sized scar on the side of his head where they peeled back his scalp after which he had 37 staples inserted.

The two ‘people’ that did this handed themselves in and the case is being progressed by the police under a charge of GBH.

It’s been mentioned to us that we should pursue some kind of civil compensation case against them (once formally sentenced etc), but we have no idea whether this is possible and if it was where to start.

We have applied to the Govts criminal injuries compensation authority, but as far as I can see the awards are quite modest.

I wouldn’t ordinarily advocate ambulance chasing, but to see what these things did to my boy means if possible we’d like to investigate it. We also don’t yet know if there will be any long term mental health impact.

Thanks.
Old 22-07-2021, 04:09 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Should the case go to trial (or if they plead guilty) then you will certainly be entitled to compensation for the injuries. But the amounts won't be as large as could be gained from a civil compensation case (although you might best wait for the criminal case to be concluded before pursuing that).

Why not speak to To view the link you have to Register or Login?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-07-2021, 04:14 PM

Brodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrodie Lee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have no advice regarding civil compensation but I hope your son makes a full recovery.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour and really sorry to hear it happened, hoping you get justice at court.
Old 22-07-2021, 04:18 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Same ^^. Hope your boy will be alright and justice is done.
Old 22-07-2021, 05:18 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Cash in transit guard I knew got shot in the leg at point blank range about 35 years ago at a Midland Bank in Streatham, off work for some time, got **** all.

Whoops, too late now
Old 28-07-2021, 06:18 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Takes ages to come through, years in fact. I was awarded £4,400 but was reduced by 25% as I has a previous criminal record. You can only ever claim it once, so if anything worse happens in the future, you'll get nothing.
Old 28-07-2021, 06:21 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
That seems rather unjust. (Both sentences).

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-07-2021, 08:06 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Really sucks for you Crozzy but if your son is ok, for me I’d rather see the ****ers sent down rather than try to get money out of it.
Also on another comment you might want to keep your powder dry in case anything worse happens in the future.
Old 28-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Terrible. All the best to you and your family Crozzy.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...
Old 28-07-2021, 09:28 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Take them to the cleaners. Wicked bastards.

No idea how it works but I hope your son is compensated.

Glad he's doing well but keep an eye on the psychological impact. I'm sure you will.
Old 29-07-2021, 01:14 PM

Crozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Really sucks for you Crozzy but if your son is ok, for me I’d rather see the ****ers sent down rather than try to get money out of it.
Also on another comment you might want to keep your powder dry in case anything worse happens in the future.
This is for my son so he can at least have something from what was a potentially life threatening/changing assault.

Why keep powder dry ? For what ??
Old 29-07-2021, 01:15 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Horrible, I hope your son is on the mend.
Old 30-07-2021, 11:18 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
That seems rather unjust. (Both sentences).
He got life for GBH with intent (15 yrs) to serve a min 10 yrs. I got a nice watch and a story to tell lol, front page of the Adder too
Old 30-07-2021, 11:19 AM
XXVII

By the way Crozzy, your son will brobably get more than me, I got it for a facial scar, just be prepared to wait, a long time.
Old 30-07-2021, 01:15 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzy71 View Post
This is for my son so he can at least have something from what was a potentially life threatening/changing assault.

Why keep powder dry ? For what ??
My point is if it’s a nominal sum then what’s the point.
Anyway I don’t want to get involved I just thought Al made a very salient point.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:39 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Really sorry to hear that Crozy. I have no advice to offer but just wanted to say I hope your son makes a full recovery. All the best.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:57 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Hope all resolves it self to you satisfaction.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:07 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
He got life for GBH with intent (15 yrs) to serve a min 10 yrs. I got a nice watch and a story to tell lol, front page of the Adder too
Knowing the main use of the Adder was to line cat litter trays, just think how many cats curled one out on your ugly mug that week.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:01 PM
XXVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Knowing the main use of the Adder was to line cat litter trays, just think how many cats curled one out on your ugly mug that week.
My picture wasn't on it (but you are still a ****) x
Old 02-08-2021, 02:07 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
may not be relevant as my compensation case was as a result of an accident (train).

In respect of keeping powder dry. once you agree damages you cannot then later go back for more on the basis that some impact of the injury at the time you agreed damages was not apparent....this would be the only reason I could see to delay chasing compensation, post any criminal proceedings or course.

My experience worked like this, may be differnet in a personal criminal case, but

Accident happended, i sustained injuries and all the associated Sh*t, Transport operator were liable (driver error) - without admitting liability - and made me an offer (via solicitor) which we rejected as derisory; they increased the offer, again rejected; they then made a full and final offer and this was 'paid into court'. The way this worked was that a sum is paid into court and the magistrates dont know what the sum is (i think criminal injury may be differenet). If I as the claimaint took it to court, then the judge/magistrate listens to all evidence and makes a sum award in my favour...however here is the catch......if they award the same or less than was 'paid in' the claimaint has to cover court costs and consequently I had to weight up the likelihood of that happening as I could have actually ended up out of pocket (nuts in my view but there you go). The other issue with actually going to court is it can take ages for you case to be heard and certainly in my case I wanted to put the whole episode behind me and move on, I couldnt do that be waiting for a court case for months/years.

Good luck with your own situ and I hope the scum get a hard judge who throws the book at them.