Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

View Poll Results: Favourite summer signing?
Michael Olise 52 18.71%
Remi Matthews 10 3.60%
Mark Guehi 58 20.86%
Joachim Andersen 52 18.71%
Conor Gallagher 69 24.82%
Will Hughes 12 4.32%
Odsonne Édouard 25 8.99%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2021, 08:42 PM
Raver

out vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Favourite summer signing?

Forgive me if there is another thread on this, but what is everyone's favourite summer signing now that the window has closed?

(Obviously this is likely to change with watching them play... But it's just a bit of fun for now!)
Old 04-09-2021, 08:53 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Although only a loan, probably Gallagher

Excited by Olise and Edouard
Old 04-09-2021, 08:54 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Olise
Old 04-09-2021, 08:56 PM
Raver

out vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For the record, I went for Guehi. There's just something about his attitude!
Old 04-09-2021, 09:57 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Impossible to say. Except it probably isn't Matthews.

But we haven't seen anything of 3 of them yet. And we have only seen a few games from the other 3.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:18 PM

redsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down lowredsox will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Hughes will be an unsung hero. Others may receive accolades but Hughes will be the engine.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:31 PM

alexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is herealexcpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox View Post
Hughes will be an unsung hero. Others may receive accolades but Hughes will be the engine.

Agree with you. Hughes will be icing on the cake in the midfield. McArthur, Hughes and Gallagher.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:33 PM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
Right now I love Gallagher, but long term I think it will be Guehi
Old 04-09-2021, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
Agree with you. Hughes will be icing on the cake in the midfield. McArthur, Hughes and Gallagher.
The way he is describing it, Hughes will be the foundation/ base of the cakes base.

Surely Gallagher, though he arrived first, is more likely to be the icing, the one who get the most attention/ goals? And hopefully Eze when he returns will provide a bit more icning too.

Apologies for taking your post a bit too seriously

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 04-09-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:54 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
At the moment, I'd have to say all of them.

On the face of it, it's been a brilliant window.

I would have loved to have got CG on a permanent but I guess his future will lie at Chelsea so it's good we've got him for a season at least.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:13 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Went for Guehi... but a tough call so far.

I've said elsewhere, he has a bit of a "Jim Cannon" about him from what I've seen so far.

I'm liking the forays forward he makes (as long as someone steps in to replace him in the back line!).
Old 05-09-2021, 12:33 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guehi is like Sakho without the clumsy ness
Old 05-09-2021, 04:58 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Even though we’ve not seen him yet it’s Olise for me. He’s exactly the kind of player we should be signing (much like Eze): young, great performances at Championship level and looking to prove something in the top flight.

I love our shift in transfer policy. It feels very ‘palace’ to me. The big names rarely work out. If the young players do well we have a few years to enjoy it before they get a bigger move. We can then reinvest the money on younger players
Old 05-09-2021, 07:41 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I voted for Remi, because I thought nobody else would. I was wrong.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Raver

Poor old Hughes with no votes! Remi has 4 more than him!

What I liked in his interview was how reluctant he was to talk about himself. Perhaps a terrier on the pitch and a shy, humble guy off it?
Old 05-09-2021, 08:34 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
I think we've made a sneaky goood signing in Hughes but the one I'm most excited about it Olise.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:36 AM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can see us selling Guehi for a lot of money in a few years. Top player.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:42 AM

Biscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiscuitboffin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have high hopes for all of them - what a great window it’s been - but the one that I think is the most exciting is Olise. I can’t claim to have known much about him beforehand, but 19 years old with 50 games and a great showreel with stats to match is really impressive. If he makes an impact this year then great, but it’s the amount of development potential over future seasons that makes him the most exciting signing for me.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:49 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Get the Spine of your team right and you are nearly there, and we have made a damn good effort in doing starting with Two excellent Central Defenders, Central Midfield with Gallagher and especially when Eze returns to add that special extra quality and finally Up Front, with the real bonus of getting in a goalscoring striker (we hope) in Edurado and without breaking the bank. Now we await the end product to bear fruit.
As for One individual "special" signing made, for me it would be Andersen without any doubt. We have managed to recruit a composed and commanding Central Defender with an ability to come out of defence with the ball to set up an attack and once settled and if encouraged by Vieira to do so, will add hugely to the creativity of the team.
He reminds me very much of a young outstanding Jim Cannon, and he was a very very special central defender.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:25 AM

CpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCpfcLoz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
all of them are great , such a tough choice! when have we ever said that? just shows what a great job dougie , steve etc have done!