Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-09-2021, 12:46 PM

Johnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is here
New Contract for Wilf

To counteract all the negative horse shit around Wilf lets talk about the most important player in Palace history and the one who our team needs to be built around. He clearly likes being coached by one of the Premier League all time greats and despite his importance to us, other teams have not come knocking for him. With two years left if he does enter a final year we may economically be forced to lose him, better to tie him down to a better five-year contract now that will see him in his prime for us. He is the one player worth the investment, although the likes of Eze will be in the future.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:51 PM

MAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would guess he is putting himself in the shop window for a Summer 2022 move.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:53 PM

Crozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is here
If he hasn’t already, he should realise the big move isn’t coming. He’s 29 in November wind no bigger team than us is going to come in and offer the money we will want, albeit I assume our demands from summer 2019 are now less.

I’d love him to stay. IMO he’s the greatest player we’ve ever had and it’s been a privilege to watch him for so long.

If he can reconcile himself to the fact the big move isn’t happening and reflect on the fact he’s our highest paid player, is loved and adored and that that combination isn’t the worlds worst gig.
Old 12-09-2021, 01:02 PM

midlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
To counteract all the negative horse shit around Wilf lets talk about the most important player in Palace history and the one who our team needs to be built around. He clearly likes being coached by one of the Premier League all time greats and despite his importance to us, other teams have not come knocking for him. With two years left if he does enter a final year we may economically be forced to lose him, better to tie him down to a better five-year contract now that will see him in his prime for us. He is the one player worth the investment, although the likes of Eze will be in the future.
Negative horse shit, exactly that. Canít believe anyone can criticise him
Old 12-09-2021, 01:48 PM

Johnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlands palace View Post
Negative horse shit, exactly that. Canít believe anyone can criticise him
All he has to do is to lose the ball (with three players on him) and there are a load of people at games having a go about him in the crowd. Canít remember the same negativity with Salako, Rogers and Taylor. I think Wilf will be a top player into his thirties and want him here.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:15 PM

Rev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterRev.B worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
In terms of a new contract, I've wondered if it would be possible to setup some sort of stock option giving Wilf a small stake of ownership of the club. it could be realized /vested upon completing the next contract. If it were even just 0.5% of the club, it'd be worth well over a million, and maybe more if the club were to keep growing in value from good performance. It would tie him in financially to the club doing better!
Old 12-09-2021, 02:16 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
A new contract to see out the remainder of his career would be amazing but might be difficult. The club may not want to pay the same for an aging Wilf as they are now and he may fancy a Bosman move for one last big payday.

Problem for next summer.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:21 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Unless we offer big money which even with Wilf I simply don't think we will again, then don't see him signing anything anytime soon.

May have to wait until he sees no offers coming in from the big clubs even when he is on a freebie. That is assuming of course none do!
Old 12-09-2021, 02:29 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
If he has a good season this year we will get last year of contract type offers which won't be enough. I can see the club keeping him even next summer and being prepared to let him go on a free in 2023. Looking at the players we now have already we are preparing for life after Wilf and we will take our chances IMO.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:05 PM

midlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonpen View Post
All he has to do is to lose the ball (with three players on him) and there are a load of people at games having a go about him in the crowd. Canít remember the same negativity with Salako, Rogers and Taylor. I think Wilf will be a top player into his thirties and want him here.
We are lucky to have him, should just sit back and watch one of our greatest ever players
Old 12-09-2021, 06:29 PM

Sitting back is the wrong option when we lose a quarter of a diminishing fee to Man U. Wilf is going to have a great season and needs to feel the love from Steve P. Speroni has a restaurant, Wilf deserves the new stand named after him.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:18 PM

PurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePurePalace4E4 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Main Zaha 888 Bet stand.
Old 13-09-2021, 12:20 PM

glaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzy71 View Post
If he hasn’t already, he should realise the big move isn’t coming. He’s 29 in November wind no bigger team than us is going to come in and offer the money we will want, albeit I assume our demands from summer 2019 are now less.

I’d love him to stay. IMO he’s the greatest player we’ve ever had and it’s been a privilege to watch him for so long.

If he can reconcile himself to the fact the big move isn’t happening and reflect on the fact he’s our highest paid player, is loved and adored and that that combination isn’t the worlds worst gig.
What about Summer 2023 as a free agent? Wilf would be mad to sign a new contract. He knows Parish won’t release him again, and rightly so. On a free transfer, if he has a couple of good seasons with us, then he has a chance of that big move. It is actually in everyone’s interests that he doesn’t sign a new contract and that he runs his existing one down.
Old 13-09-2021, 12:24 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
By the time he is 30+, he won't be getting a better deal than what we will offer him. I think that's probably the case at the moment.
Old 13-09-2021, 12:25 PM

glaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
If he has a good season this year we will get last year of contract type offers which won't be enough. I can see the club keeping him even next summer and being prepared to let him go on a free in 2023. Looking at the players we now have already we are preparing for life after Wilf and we will take our chances IMO.
Yes, we’d be mad to take a low offer next summer. Allowing him to run his contract down should incentivise him to perform at his absolute best for 2 more seasons. Then we will see, but I hope he has offers from Champions League clubs at that point because then he will have performed brilliantly for us and be known definitively as the most important player in our history. (As if he isn’t already but you get my point.)
Old 13-09-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
By the time he is 30+, he won't be getting a better deal than what we will offer him. I think that's probably the case at the moment.
If he plays consistently like he did vs Spurs for the next couple of seasons and scores 10-15 goals in each one you still donít think better clubs will come in for him on a free transfer? Really? At 30 he will be in his prime. Yes, his pace is slightly down but his decision making and end product is much improved and he still has the quick feet.

I still predict a happy ending for all parties.
Old 13-09-2021, 01:12 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
I am a fan of Wilf and have always suggested he is crucial to our future development with what we are putting together which has been long overdue, so it is vital we make every effort within reasons to ensure that he stays.
But he now also needs to accept CPFC have done everything within our means to make him feel wanted but also ensured he has been well rewarded financially, supposedly 140k p.w we hear? so not excatly underpaid. He is soon to be 29yrs old so should we offer a greatly enhanced and extended contract merely to ensures he stays? i am not sure we should, and in all honesty in the couple of seasons his attitude has not been at its best nor has his form apart from his goal tally last season which is what he should have been producing most seasons for a player of his class.
As i have said i am a big fan of his, but would draw the line on offering him an extension to his already lucrative contract and would simply let it run down and then discuss another if need be, and if he is to leave when it expires it would be by choice, so be it and we all move on.
Old 13-09-2021, 01:29 PM

Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Krise has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
He badly wants to win trophies, so I expect him not to sign a new contract, and rather run down his contract and move on a free in 2023.
Old 13-09-2021, 01:45 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
If he plays consistently like he did vs Spurs for the next couple of seasons and scores 10-15 goals in each one you still donít think better clubs will come in for him on a free transfer? Really? At 30 he will be in his prime. Yes, his pace is slightly down but his decision making and end product is much improved and he still has the quick feet.

I still predict a happy ending for all parties.
If the team keeps playing like they did against Spurs, there won't be any better teams for Wilf to join anyway, bar Man City/Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool who won't go for him.
Old 13-09-2021, 01:48 PM

redeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know he wants to win stuff, but having listened to his interview after the Spurs match it seems like he was also very frustrated with our style of play under Roy. He made pointed references to only hoofing it and only playing on the counter and praised the progressive football that was now being played. In the unlikely event that a top team comes in for him I am sure he would still want to go. But if it is Everton Arsenal or Spurs he may actually prefer Viera’s Palace.