Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-09-2021, 04:06 PM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Red and Blue Bar on Saturday

That was a wonderful result, well done boys.

Now for a whinge about red and blue bar,

Having taking some time getting into the ground, we arrived just in time for a quick pint in Red and blue.
They were happy to sell us said pint at 12.22, at 12.30 we started being pressured by staff to leave the bar when I still had half the beer left. Security then came up (12.32 ish) to us and basically told us to get out.

My reply was very simply I was sold the pint at 12.22, I need time to finish it.

I was told, quite aggresively, I must go now. Naturally I refused and finished my pint, (took all of another 3 minutes) then left, during this time this security guy was right in front of me glaring.

I have not had that before in red and blue and did not appreciate it. Wont be back for a while, plenty of places I feel more comfortable drinking in than that.
Old 13-09-2021, 04:14 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Wankers
Old 13-09-2021, 04:16 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why didnt you just film the glaring ruffian?
Old 13-09-2021, 04:17 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Nothing new, they used to be arseholes post game 20 years ago.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-09-2021, 04:20 PM

TwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwoFace1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The bouncers/security in the red and blue bar are absolute thugs! I've seen plenty of people have run-ins with them over the years especially post game where they kick people out dead on time regardless if the table of people have drinks or not.

Scum, but no doubt the orders come from 'higher up'.
Old 13-09-2021, 04:27 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The bar service in the stadium needs sorting out - it's been crap for years.

Why the fvck can't they have hundreds of pints pre-poured ahead of half time?
Old 13-09-2021, 04:35 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
So you missed the start of the game?

Roll up at your seat 5 minutes after KO and disturb those already seated and watching the game.
Old 14-09-2021, 06:27 AM

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Roll up at your seat 5 minutes after KO and disturb those already seated and watching the game.
Yep
Old 14-09-2021, 06:29 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Do you do that at the cinema?

Old 14-09-2021, 06:32 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Do you do that at the cinema?
Yep. Why would I want to sit through 20 minutes of adverts and trailers?
Old 14-09-2021, 08:59 AM

glaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglaziers fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No Kernel beer. No Cronx on cask. Just crap beer and cider. With no loyalty points added. Add in the poor service, and the increased risk of COVID indoors. What’s the point?
Old 14-09-2021, 09:03 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
The food and drink queues in the lower Holmesdale were the worst I've ever seen them, partly due to the early kick-off and people wanting food I'm sure, but also due to their ingenious new system of replacing warm bottles with warm cans, which then have to be individually poured into plastic pint glasses as slow as is humanly possible.

Like we've been saying for what seems like decades now, why not just pour a few hundred pints before the game/half-time and pass them straight to the customer? It would dramatically reduce the queues and stop the staff getting so much abuse.

Is this something Sharon Lacey would get sorted? I feel like tweeting her but not sure it'll make a blind bit of difference.
Old 14-09-2021, 09:13 AM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
The food and drink queues in the lower Holmesdale were the worst I've ever seen them, partly due to the early kick-off and people wanting food I'm sure, but also due to their ingenious new system of replacing warm bottles with warm cans, which then have to be individually poured into plastic pint glasses as slow as is humanly possible.

Like we've been saying for what seems like decades now, why not just pour a few hundred pints before the game/half-time and pass them straight to the customer? It would dramatically reduce the queues and stop the staff getting so much abuse.

Is this something Sharon Lacey would get sorted? I feel like tweeting her but not sure it'll make a blind bit of difference.
She's in charge of Operations so makes sense to ask her.
Old 14-09-2021, 09:13 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Service in the Red and Blue Bar was as slow as ever, but I really don't get why people want to carry on drinking and miss the start of the match. You're there to watch the football; if you just want to drink, go to the pub!

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-09-2021, 09:19 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Service in the Red and Blue Bar was as slow as ever, but I really don't get why people want to carry on drinking and miss the start of the match. You're there to watch the football; if you just want to drink, go to the pub!
Maybe they don't realise that we have a new playing style ?
Old 14-09-2021, 09:46 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
Maybe they don't realise that we have a new playing style ?

Actually, we haven't scored a first half goal yet this season, so maybe they realise there's no rush.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-09-2021, 12:57 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Not only that, but the likes of us go for a p*ss 20 minutes in and then disappear 5 minutes before half time to avoid the queues at said bars.

It's not the cinema.
Old 14-09-2021, 01:00 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Yep. Why would I want to sit through 20 minutes of adverts and trailers?
Miss the first 5 minutes of the film?

Old 14-09-2021, 01:17 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
It’s a real shame the club don’t get their act together re the red & blue bar. It could be a really cool spot at Palace & an asset - but it just seems like an after thought. Whether it be shit service. Stock issues. Being chucked out halfway through the late game post match. Or whatever. It could be a decent earner for the club. I bet none of the corporate spots deal with any of this shite. But then we’re mere paupers in comparison.
Old 14-09-2021, 01:20 PM

E.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I completely get this. Going to the game is all about the event and the fun(/misery, frustration and anger). I've always said the worst bit about going to the football is the football. Football would be bloody great if it wasn't for the bloody football. I'm not one for leaving early (unless 4-down at half-time - I'm all for a sulky half-time exit if the moment suits) but I'm damned if I am going to make the match the centre of my day. I wouldn't support Palace if I was that way minded. I'll show up eventually once I've done with beers and if that means I catch any of the first-half then result! (That's an exaggeration but 5 mins or so certainly doesn't worry me. I even rather like the suggestion that my needs are more important than the game!)

As for sitting through the cinema ads, to hell with that. Whoever would want to get to their seat any time before 20 mins after the scehduled start-time? That's death. I used to date someone who claimed she 'enjoyed the ads' ("I like to know what's coming up soon." Then check the media.) "I'm getting there for the start." "Righty ho (or a phrase less likely to see me binned), I'll see you there in a bit then..."