Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Guaita 15 5.32%
Mitchell 98 34.75%
Guehi 9 3.19%
Andersen 21 7.45%
Ward 79 28.01%
Kouyate 3 1.06%
McArthur 6 2.13%
Gallagher 31 10.99%
Zaha 6 2.13%
Benteke 3 1.06%
Ayew 6 2.13%
Edouard 1 0.35%
Riedewald 2 0.71%
Olise 2 0.71%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-09-2021, 04:15 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Liverpool (away)

Guaita 6 One or two good saves, but also some moments that could have worked out better

Mitchell 7 I thought he defended very well against Salah
Guehi 7 solid
Andersen 7 solid
Ward 8 MOM. I felt he was the pick of our defenders. Well played the 2nd skipper.

Kouyate 7 Did quite well. Certainly won a bit of ball and passing was ok.
Gallagher 8 Buzzed about and was everywhere. He's a real player
McArthur 4 game completely passed him by. Legs are going. Rightly hooked.

Zaha 6 A threat, but touch just not there in the crucial moments. Too often is too wide with not enough support, and down on confidence as well as pace due to too many sideways passes? No doubt he has enough pace to rip Milner apart, and he didn't. Penalty wasn't a penalty under new guidelines - he has to be more aggressive and stronger.

Benteke 7 Worked hard, and contributed in both boxes. He will be an asset for us off the bench for a long time to come hopefully

Ayew 6 love his workrate, his ability to carry the ball, his ability to win free kicks. But he's brain dead. If he sees Zaha is free why not at least attempt the pass rather than being greedy from a tight angle? He might not have the technical ability to pull it off but he should be giving it a go. Having said that, we should be offering him a new contract because I think he is suited to Vieira's style of play. I think he has a big part to play this season. I think he should play in the midfield 3. We saw it vs Chelsea when we went to a back 3. Why not in the 4-3-3? He won't let us down defensively.

Subs:

Edouard 6 - poor touch and would have scored if it was better when cross came over, but the movement was excellent and we know he can finish. Also went in behind Konate and was unlucky. He will be starting soon.

Olise 6 - not on long but the best skill of the game when he sat Milner down with a wonderful body swerve and cut back. He's going to be a player for us.

Riedewald 4 - right to take McArthur off but wrong player to put on instead. Lost his man on the corner that led to Salah goal, and failed to pass accurately. Why not bring on Hughes instead?

Vieira 7 Other than that I thought he made the right subs at the right time and he has us playing an attractive brand of football. Let alone 3-0 flattering them, on another day we win that game. Very encouraging performance. COYP

Last edited by glaziers fan; 18-09-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:16 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Ward was magnificent
Old 18-09-2021, 04:17 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Has he ever been booked for dissent before?
Old 18-09-2021, 04:20 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Gotta give it to Wardy. Best game for him in ages.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:23 PM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
Mitchell and Ward both excellent. Ayew did well in general but missing the opportunity to cross was criminal.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:23 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Not got time to do rating now with enough consideration but be interesting to read.

I dont think there was much between the performance today and the performance against spurs. Both 3-0 but very different results.

Ward motm followed by andersen who i thought had his best game for us so far.

Lots of positives. Not the ref
Old 18-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
One of the the fullbacks. Salah was only involved at set-pieces, when he wasn't Mitch's responsibilty so Tyrick got my vote
Old 18-09-2021, 04:25 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasape View Post
Gotta give it to Wardy. Best game for him in ages.
Got to be Ward for giving the ref two barrels
Old 18-09-2021, 04:25 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post

I dont think there was much between the performance today and the performance against spurs. Both 3-0 but very different results.
Maybe Palace’s performances in a vacuum, yes. Liverpool were just good, while Spurs were crap. No matter how well we play against big sides, we’re always going to be reliant on them having at least a bit of an off day, or some serious luck/wonder goals like the Etihad away, or our first win at Old Trafford.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:26 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Got to be Ward for giving the ref two barrels
That too.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:27 PM
I'm listening ....

xian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The moment that summed it up for me was the tackle by Thiago after 10 mins, the analyst suggested it was too early on in the game. That really gets my goat, a yellow is a yellow at any time
Old 18-09-2021, 04:29 PM

midlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemidlands palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Guaita 8
Ward 8
Anderson 7
Guehi 7
Mitchell 7
McArthur 6
Kouyate 7
Gallagher 6
Zaha 6
Benteke 6
Ayew 5

Jairo 5
Olise 6
Edouard 6
Old 18-09-2021, 04:34 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Maybe Palace’s performances in a vacuum, yes. Liverpool were just good, while Spurs were crap. No matter how well we play against big sides, we’re always going to be reliant on them having at least a bit of an off day, or some serious luck/wonder goals like the Etihad away, or our first win at Old Trafford.
Yep. My comment btw was meant as a positive. Despite the score line Liverpool should come away from that relieved. We were good against a top side. We lacked a bit of luck is all.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:34 PM

alf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by xian1 View Post
The moment that summed it up for me was the tackle by Thiago after 10 mins, the analyst suggested it was too early on in the game. That really gets my goat, a yellow is a yellow at any time
And the penalty possibly wasn't given as "Benteke may not have got to the ball"!!
Old 18-09-2021, 04:35 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Really encouraging performance. Never a 3-0 but that's what happens against these sides when you don't take your chances.

Ward and Mitchell excellent and Gallagher typically tenacious in midfield.

Good to see Vieira getting into the ref at FT as well. He was dreadful.

Play like we have in our last three games next Monday and we could easily tear Brighton a new one.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:38 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Ref -10 Worst reffing performance in the their VAR era and about as bad as it can ever possibly be. Henderson should have been sent of for a second yellow and Tsimikas, Milner and Thiago should have all been booked for earlier challenges.

VAR Ref -10 - Clearly decided to take a nap in the first half.

Guaita 7 - Solid performance, not much he could do for the goals
Ward - 8 Excellent, Mane didn't get much joy against him and to get out and stop Tsimikas as well
Andersen 9 - Outstanding, didn't put a foot wrong and excellent in possession
Guehi 9 - Outstanding, same as Andersen
Mitchell 8 - Really good game and is showing the doubters he's Premier League quality
Kouyate 7 - Solid, lots of people saying he was going to be a liability today against the Liverpool press but he kept it simple with the ball and did well defensively
McArthur 6 - Not quite up to the level he has been, seem to go down a few blind alleys and lose possession
Gallagher 7 - another strong showing from him and was threat in the box
Ayew 8 - Gave Tsimikas problems all game and was probably a better outlet than Wilf
Benteke 6 - He caused them a few problems but he was a bit sloppy with his passes and should have done better with some of his runs
Zaha 7 - Was always an outlet and gave them some problems but a lot of his runs didn't really come to much

Edouard - 7 Looked more of a threat in behind than Benteke, shame he didn't take his chance first time
Riedewald - 4 Actually thought he made some nice runs, forward passes and interceptions but can't give him more than 4 for his pathetic efforts for the 2 goals
Olise - 8 I thought he looked very dangerous when he came on and was a real threat every time he touched the ball

PV - 8 Can't really ask for more for a Palace performance at Anfield. Liverpool knew they were in a real game today and only didn't give him higher than an 8 because there has to be something a bit off with our defending at corners.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:40 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Guehi looks very good , so comfortable on the ball and a great partnership forming with Andersen .
Old 18-09-2021, 04:42 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

Play like we have in our last three games next Monday and we could easily tear Brighton a new one.
Hate to say it, but Brighton are no mugs.

I think it’ll be very even, and the highest quality game we’ve had against them in the premier league.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:44 PM
What the deuce?!

MAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAFL : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pleased with the performance the disappointments were the ref and the defending at set pieces.
Old 18-09-2021, 04:45 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just got home, very harsh to lose 3-0. We were well in the game up until they scored there 2nd. We play worse than that and win.