Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 26-12-2021, 07:23 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Covid postponements

Villa v leeds in two days time is already pistponed.

With our injuries/suspensions and covid affected players whats stopping us ruling out enough others “injured” ? From what i gather Norwich are in a similar situation

Klopp moaned about having to play two games in 3 days, we have three in six yet he and others like spurs have had their requests accepted despite having MUCH deeper squads than us or norwich etc

Are there any actual rules that are being adhered to
Old 26-12-2021, 07:28 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney eagle View Post

With our injuries/suspensions and covid affected players whats stopping us ruling out enough others “injured” ? From what i gather Norwich are in a similar situation

Klopp moaned about having to play two games in 3 days, we have three in six yet he and others like spurs have had their requests accepted despite having MUCH deeper squads than us or norwich etc

We all have 25 man squads
Old 26-12-2021, 07:33 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
We all have 25 man squads
Yes but teams like liverpool/city etc their whole “squad” could walk into most sides. Us and other sides dont have that luxury and seem to have a harder time getting games postponed but a moan from klopp gets exactly what he wants
Old 26-12-2021, 07:39 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Norwich had 7 players out today of whom 5 were injured. We had one injured and 6? out with covid. I would like a breakdown, without naming names, of the number unvaccinated; or those with one, two, or booster jabs. I think this situation in a tightly bunched group of people is unacceptable if they are not vaccinated.

We have had more out at various times in recent seasons.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 27-12-2021, 12:09 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
If those numbers are correct then there's an egregious bias (though some players may be isolating as close contacts of positives). From my point of view, postponing games because players are in covid isolation is fair enough but non covid injuries should not be considered at all.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 27-12-2021, 12:22 AM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Arsenal V Wolves is off on Tuesday with Wolves not having enough players
Old 27-12-2021, 03:41 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
We would love to see how many of the missing Leeds players actually have covid as opposed to an injury crisis.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 27-12-2021, 03:48 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
We would love to see how many of the missing Leeds players actually have covid as opposed to an injury crisis.
The PL will require proof of positive tests - LFT and PCR confirmation. The fall out from any club faking covid +ves would almost certainly see the with a huge fine and points deduction.

The Leeds situation shows the vax issues. Bielsa said, IIRC, all their squad was at least double jabbed, but Omicron can still get them and even if they are fine, they can still infect others who won’t be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 27-12-2021, 03:52 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

The rule is simple, if you don’t have 14 available players from your named squad, it’s off.

Old 27-12-2021, 03:59 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes but teams like liverpool/city etc their whole “squad” could walk into most sides. Us and other sides dont have that luxury and seem to have a harder time getting games postponed but a moan from klopp gets exactly what he wants
It's always been about the big clubs, and it always will be.
Old 27-12-2021, 04:52 PM

dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time dsr-burnley is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Everton's game at Burnley was called off for injuries. They appealed on December 23rd to have it called off, claiming they only had 9 outfield players fit, 5 covid, 6 injured, of the 26 outfield players they have used this season. Presumably Benitez reckoned the other 6 just aren't good enough.

The PL turned them down. but then overnight, at least two more of their players "developed an injury" so they appealed again and the PL allowed them to put it off to a date when they will have a stronger squad and their injured players, both really injured and fake injured, will have recovered.
Old 27-12-2021, 05:38 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr-burnley View Post
Everton's game at Burnley was called off for injuries. They appealed on December 23rd to have it called off, claiming they only had 9 outfield players fit, 5 covid, 6 injured, of the 26 outfield players they have used this season. Presumably Benitez reckoned the other 6 just aren't good enough.

The PL turned them down. but then overnight, at least two more of their players "developed an injury" so they appealed again and the PL allowed them to put it off to a date when they will have a stronger squad and their injured players, both really injured and fake injured, will have recovered.
Big Blue Eagle - would you like to counter...

Old 27-12-2021, 05:53 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A record 103 Premier League players and staff tested positive for coronavirus in the past week - the highest weekly figure recorded since testing figures began being circulated in May last year.
With testing increased to daily lateral flow and twice-weekly PCR tests last week as the league responded to rising Omicron levels, 15,186 Covid-19 tests were administered between Monday December 20 and Sunday December 26.
"The safety of everyone is a priority and the Premier League is taking all precautionary steps in response to the impact of the Omicron variant," the league said in a statement.

Yeah, course it is.
Old 27-12-2021, 06:00 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
"The money in my bank account is a priority and the Premier League is taking all precautionary steps to ensure the participation of Manchester United in the Champions League next season ," the league said in a statement.
EFA
Old 27-12-2021, 06:09 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
Big Blue Eagle - would you like to counter...
You specifically talked about Leeds effectively creating “fake” Covid positives to mask slightly injured players or just not wanting to play the match not about additional injuries which an opposition fan doesn’t believe to be real.

It’s like this claim about it all being about big clubs when the evidence doesn’t support it - games postponed so far..

Spurs 2
Brighton 2
Brentford 2
Man Utd 2
Burnley 3
Watford 3
Leicester 2
Southampton
Palace
West Ham
Norwich
Villa 2
Everton 2
Liverpool
Leeds 2
Wolves 2
Arsenal

There were over 100 positive cases last week in the PL, it’s everywhere.

Old 27-12-2021, 06:39 PM

i don't want you to counter me. I asked you to counter the other poster. I don't disagree with what you are saying. The whole shitstorm with covid currently suits the likes of Everton and Leeds nicely. I am not sure I said they were creating fake covid cases. I am with the posters that call for their other injured players not to be taken into account. We had a shocking few seasons with our main players being out injured and had to fight to stay up because of it.

Old 27-12-2021, 07:31 PM
Watching from Warmington

Quote:
i don't want you to counter me. I asked you to counter the other poster. I don't disagree with what you are saying. The whole shitstorm with covid currently suits the likes of Everton and Leeds nicely. I am not sure I said they were creating fake covid cases. I am with the posters that call for their other injured players not to be taken into account. We had a shocking few seasons with our main players being out injured and had to fight to stay up because of it.
There are a number of things there and in the original posts. Regarding COVID specifically, the PL is monitoring tests it seems, so have a clear idea of the status is. Our issue this week was that since PV went down we were concerned that more players would go positive at a late stage. Which didn’t seem to happen. We also had positives amongst wider training ground staff like catering which was also a concern for control via the normal PL conditions. There may well be some players at some clubs doing rehab from injuries etc that test positive, but either way, they are still positive an in some degree of contact with others.

Its actually not unprecedented. Matches have been called off before due to serious illness outbreaks due to viruses etc leaving clubs unable to field a competitive team, but clearly not systemically like covid.

On injuries no one ever knows how real or serious injuries are, there is trust to work on only unless you ask for third party checks - not that easy with covid going through staff. The bigger clubs have always weathered injuries better than club of our size and always will - Sterling injured? Play Mahrez. That’s just football.

The disproved of wider manipulation is surely Newcastle - the club that would most benefit from postponing games until the transfer window kicks in have played every game.

Old 27-12-2021, 09:52 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
You specifically talked about Leeds effectively creating “fake” Covid positives to mask slightly injured players or just not wanting to play the match not about additional injuries which an opposition fan doesn’t believe to be real.

It’s like this claim about it all being about big clubs when the evidence doesn’t support it - games postponed so far..

Spurs 2
Brighton 2
Brentford 2
Man Utd 2
Burnley 3
Watford 3
Leicester 2
Southampton
Palace
West Ham
Norwich
Villa 2
Everton 2
Liverpool
Leeds 2
Wolves 2
Arsenal

There were over 100 positive cases last week in the PL, it’s everywhere.
You list us, but we were not the team responsible for the postponement, that’s the only measure, surely, not just a list of teams who have had games called off
Old 27-12-2021, 10:46 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
What’s the system of check if a club claims that a player has twanged his hamstring but they might be fibbing?
Old 27-12-2021, 11:41 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Depends on the club.