Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-04-2022, 08:53 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Kaleidoscope Vision

Has anyone else on here ever had it?

Only in one eye, and only for five minutes, but it was vivid and a bit freaky tbh. Foolishly, I went straight to google and, predictably enough, one of the first results implied that I may be about to have a stroke. This also freaked me out as my cousin who's the same age recently had a life-changing one himself. For now I'm going to plop with google's more restrained explanation which suggested it was probably the onset of a migraine. I don't think I've ever had one of those but kind of hoping I do.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:12 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I have it, usually when very tired. It indicates the onset of a headache.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:12 PM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've had these before and believe that they're ocular migraines. Mine start with flashing lights on the periphery of my vision and these close in towards the centre of the eye. Nothing helps and these last 30-40 minutes. I haven't seen a doctor about them as I found some websites which had examples of my symptoms, e.g. the second photo in the site below:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

These were never accompanied by a migraine but a dull headache and feeling a bit sick.

Obviously go and see a doctor if you have any worries. I had a major stroke, fully recovered, so I understand your concern.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:15 PM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yes , once two years ago.

Very odd, suddenly couldn't read , everything was just as you describe and there was a pain in one side of my head.

Doctor actually wanted to see me straight even though it was mid covid. He was happy it was an ocular migraine. I went and slept in a dark room until the following day with an awful headache and then was fine

Haven't had one since..
Old 13-04-2022, 09:21 PM
Laths

laths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaths came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Used to be called classical migraine with aura. Can happen without headache and can be frightening if you haven’t had them before . Usually start with visual disturbances and a ever expanding shimmering light . Usually upto an hour then gone.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:24 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Thanks fellas, that's put my mind at rest a bit. I've now got a bit of a pressure head (?) which may be some form of migraine, also slightly lightheaded now as well, very similar to Polak's.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laths View Post
Used to be called classical migraine with aura. Can happen without headache and can be frightening if you haven’t had them before . Usually start with visual disturbances and a ever expanding shimmering light . Usually upto an hour then gone.
It was like a third of the right-hand side of a circle band formed by lots of separate neon evolving shapes just in my periphery that slowly increased in size. As FiaB did, I think I'll go to bed.

P.S. Mega stressed atm as moving in two weeks, got my aunts funeral just after the semi and too much work to keep up with. Probably the cause,

Thanks again, everybody.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:38 PM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had then since I was very very young. In are occurrences they can cause a stroke ( it did with me when I was 17) and I have permanently lost 25% of my vision. So, in essence, you should still get a doctors opinion.

I am in the CPFC cult.
Old 13-04-2022, 11:40 PM

jrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjrnicholson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
high blood pressure can affect the eyes; the blood vessels are extremely small and they can swell distorting the layers at the back of the eye. The receptors react to distortion by producing impulses to the brain that may be seen as colour flashes. I don't know if there is any correlation between migraine and fluctuating blood pressure but (my wife tells me) the cure for migraine is vomiting followed by a lie down watching old movies, wrapped an a duvet with copious cups of tea and toast.
Old 14-05-2022, 08:54 AM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Having an ocular migraine on the day of the beer festival. Thanks for that. Coming to the end of it now, thankfully.
Old 14-05-2022, 09:59 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak View Post
Having an ocular migraine on the day of the beer festival. Thanks for that. Coming to the end of it now, thankfully.
At least you can blame that for the headache.....

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 14-05-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
At least you can blame that for the headache.....