Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-04-2022, 03:09 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Inflation and the cost of living crisis

A thread to report, moan, despair and advise over the cost of living and price rises.

Like many my heating and electricity costs have just risen by 250%.

And the bread I prefer to buy is now £4 a loaf.
Old 22-04-2022, 03:16 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Good thread AJ.

It hasn't even started yet. Something must be done by the Autumn.
Old 22-04-2022, 03:22 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Maybe if we invade Russia?
Also there are healthier alternatives to bread, as I'm sure the BBS is well aware.
Old 22-04-2022, 03:31 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I once read that you can feed three times as many people from a field of potatoes than you can from a similar size field of wheat. And that carrots are very productive too. That sort of fits into what happened in WW2 Britain although I'm not sure if it is still the case.
Old 22-04-2022, 03:34 PM

Zenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZenith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
A thread to report, moan, despair and advise over the cost of living and price rises.

All orchenstrated AJ.

If no one can see this by now then they are as thick as pig shite.
Old 22-04-2022, 03:39 PM

JimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is here
Housewarming parties look set to return to their original meaning, at this rate :-0
Old 22-04-2022, 03:51 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
All orchenstrated AJ.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-04-2022, 04:03 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
All orchenstrated AJ.

We could happily discuss the reasons on the politics forum.

However, I deliberately posted this in general chit chat, so we could chit and chat about the consequences of something facing all of us and severely hurting many, as opposed to arguing the politics of it.

A place for us all to report, moan, advise and maybe help.
Old 22-04-2022, 04:59 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
It’s tough out there, not just for consumers. Corporations have no choice but to pass these unavoidable costs on. They also have no choice but to pass on the 50% hike in profits. The highest profit margins in living memory. All in it together.
Old 22-04-2022, 05:34 PM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Talking about corporations the first thing i might get rid of is my tv licence. Anyone know how about doing it? I can watch my BBC channels on my IPTV.
BBC do have some good programming but they also have some right crap.One of them accident programmes with Nick Knowles this week has 15 minutes if a half hour programme showing some blokes car on fire because he got out and filmed it on his phone, then they decided to interview the fireman who put out the fire who basically said " We saw the car on fire approaching it and then we put it out."
Bloody driver obviously wanted a bit of fame but the bbc programmers need to be sacked. About £140 a year for crap like that.
Old 22-04-2022, 05:46 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by congress View Post
Talking about corporations the first thing i might get rid of is my tv licence. Anyone know how about doing it? I can watch my BBC channels on my IPTV.
BBC do have some good programming but they also have some right crap.One of them accident programmes with Nick Knowles this week has 15 minutes if a half hour programme showing some blokes car on fire because he got out and filmed it on his phone, then they decided to interview the fireman who put out the fire who basically said " We saw the car on fire approaching it and then we put it out."
Bloody driver obviously wanted a bit of fame but the bbc programmers need to be sacked. About £140 a year for crap like that.
obviously watching bbc on any online platform means you still need a tv licence, but fwiw

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-04-2022, 05:58 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post

I get the bread, mine has gone up (not 4 quid) and the prices in my work canteen has rocketed.

I used to stop in my local petrol garage have a coffee a flapjack, choclate and pepsi max for my wife it is almost 9 pounds now. But my wife informed me that ‘Fredo’ chocolate which is almost a pound and used to be 15p

One thing is for sure we will loose loose some pounds (lbs) to save pounds
Old 22-04-2022, 06:05 PM

Smithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmithers-Jones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
£4 for a loaf?
Old 22-04-2022, 06:07 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers-Jones View Post
£4 for a loaf?
Someone tell AJ it is on offer this week

The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 22-04-2022, 06:08 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers-Jones View Post
£4 for a loaf?
Sourdough has gone up.

It does taste nice I have to say but is it worth the price is another debate in itself
Old 22-04-2022, 06:09 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Someone tell AJ it is on offer this week

I tried Ocado during lockdown and they kept in waiting list of new customers. So I never signed up, now they are sending me love letters every week.
Old 22-04-2022, 06:14 PM

Flapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
It's awful, people on benefits simply can't afford to both eat and heat their homes any more, anyone who gets sick or has a disability and gets turned down for PIP (the DWP have targets to fail a certain percentage regardless of whether they should qualify) has no choice but to freeze or starve. I work for a local council and the number of people asking for food bank referrals or emergency fuel vouchers is probably ten times what it was a few years ago. Only advice really is there are discounts like Water Help (50% off your water bill if you have a low income) that not many people know about, and try not to resort to pay day lenders or you'll never get out of it!
Old 22-04-2022, 06:21 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapping Eagle View Post
It's awful, people on benefits simply can't afford to both eat and heat their homes any more, anyone who gets sick or has a disability and gets turned down for PIP (the DWP have targets to fail a certain percentage regardless of whether they should qualify) has no choice but to freeze or starve. I work for a local council and the number of people asking for food bank referrals or emergency fuel vouchers is probably ten times what it was a few years ago. Only advice really is there are discounts like Water Help (50% off your water bill if you have a low income) that not many people know about, and try not to resort to pay day lenders or you'll never get out of it!
You can direct them to places like this, most of the big energy suppliers have them

Old 22-04-2022, 06:25 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
The big squeeze inflation must be running at the very least 15% in real life terms.

Bulb who I have been with since April 2020 when my smart meter stopped working miraculously got it working March 21st. I found out my Fridge Freezer was burning 80-90p a day just making ice, or rather ramping up the defrost feature to make sure it fell out. The daily rate is an assumption as when I turned it off the overnight dropped 20p from midnight to 6am

Managing to keep it at £3.50 to £5 a day.

Oil which has zero cap went from £500 for 1000 litres to £1100. That will sting if its still the same come filling up time.
Old 22-04-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapping Eagle View Post
It seems the biggest price rises are in the basics like food, heating, electricity, clothes and transport. Hard for anyone to avoid but hitting the poorest hardest.