Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-08-2022, 08:04 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is here
Hey BBS, leave us boomers alone

We used to play Trivial Pursuit at Christmas and at some point we had the baby boomer edition. I'd never heard the expression before and it wasn't really of any interest to me. I didn't feel the need to identify myself with a generation so never gave it any more thought.

I have now learned from the BBS that I'm part of an evil group of people and all the problems of the modern world are my fault. If you want to criticise people for being racist, greedy, stupid and reactionary then please do.I hate all those things too. You wouldn't generalise about race, religion or gender so why would you do it about an entire generation?
Old 01-08-2022, 08:28 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
HPalace?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 01-08-2022, 08:38 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
I would be quite happy to leave you boomers be.

If:

1)Those of you with degrees pay an extra 40k in tax at some point in the next 10 years

2) Those of you with more than one property agree to sell it/them to a first time buyer for the price you paid for it

3) You agree to take meaningful action on climate change

4) You reverse Brexit

Peace and love
Old 01-08-2022, 08:41 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Sorry Boomers, youíve become the face of the great British demise.

Blame your fellow boomers.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:42 AM
Born in South London

gcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is heregcwhite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post

If:

1)Those of you with degrees pay an extra 40k in tax at some point in the next 10 years

2) Those of you with more than one property agree to sell it/them to a first time buyer for the price you paid for it

4) You reverse Brexit

Peace and love
Ok, will get it sorted next week. No degree and a 3 bed semi though.

Peace and Love (which is what us boomers used to say when we were hippies).
Old 01-08-2022, 08:46 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
The rise of Left wing politics has brought about a stronger notion of putting people into identity groups to which then people can be discriminated against from a perceived moral high ground, which is exactly what they profess to be against doing.

Hating a previous generation for the situational advantages they had is just bitter and envious, as if the current generations were born in the same time as them, they would have done exactly the same.

I am generation Y and still saving to buy my first house incase people assume Im a baby boomer as Im defending their position.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:54 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
The rise of Left wing politics has brought about a stronger notion of putting people into identity groups to which then people can be discriminated against from a perceived moral high ground, which is exactly what they profess to be against doing.

Hating a previous generation for the situational advantages they had is just bitter and envious, as if the current generations were born in the same time as them, they would have done exactly the same.

I am generation Y and still saving to buy my first house incase people assume Im a baby boomer as Im defending their position.
I agree with the dangerous rise of identity groups going on and moral high ground battles and Iím not a boomer.

Saying that, itís fair to say their generation had more advantages than challenges in some economic key areas. Itís not their fault but just the truth which most acknowledge. Some of the decisions taken were surely obvious in terms of what it would lead to, but most are now hard to fix without knock on negative effects. Prevention is easier than cure basically. Many people want to come up with simplistic solutions or rip up how the world works and replace it completely, which ignores the foreseen and unforeseen issues of a new system. Snowflakes donít like to consider consequences of decisions though
Old 01-08-2022, 08:55 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Situational advantages?

Mmh how about structural change to alleviate generational advantage?
Old 01-08-2022, 09:02 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think it’s interesting that you consider Boomers to be others, AJ - I think you and I fall just within the cohort.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:03 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

If:

4) You reverse Brexit

Peace and love
If your age is correct, you missed being a Boomer by a year, but the BBC has Gen X starting in 1966 so you're in some weird nameless generation gap
Old 01-08-2022, 09:04 AM

JimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is hereJimmyAG Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwhite View Post
We used to play Trivial Pursuit at Christmas and at some point we had the baby boomer edition. I'd never heard the expression before and it wasn't really of any interest to me. I didn't feel the need to identify myself with a generation so never gave it any more thought.

I have now learned from the BBS that I'm part of an evil group of people and all the problems of the modern world are my fault. If you want to criticise people for being racist, greedy, stupid and reactionary then please do.I hate all those things too. You wouldn't generalise about race, religion or gender so why would you do it about an entire generation?
Boom boom!
Old 01-08-2022, 09:05 AM

Of course no one chooses when they are born, but how they act is open to criticism. And it is the actions of the Boomer generations than deserve criticism.

Otherwise it is a plea from the Cake and Eaters for the rest of us to also say nice words about their vomit.

(I am not a boomer but close enough to recognise some trail advantages compared to generation rent)
Old 01-08-2022, 09:07 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think itís interesting that you consider Boomers to be others, AJ - I think you and I fall just within the cohort.
BBC has the Boomer generation ending in 1964
Old 01-08-2022, 09:10 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
1945-65 for wcb’s super, soaraway Sun - To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-08-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think itís interesting that you consider Boomers to be others, AJ - I think you and I fall just within the cohort.
I think you are El Ag but I escape by a year or two.

And of course generational change and differentation is not bordered tightly by time but blurred at the edges.

Again the first post posited the question why criticise a 'group'? The answer is not to criticise the group but the actions of so many of that group. It is Boomer greed rather than every Boomer that needs addressing

Those that recognise that structural unfairness and address it are worthy of praise.

Those that want to keep their 'situational advantages' to the disadvantage of everyone else and still demand respect, are not deserving of that they have or demand
Old 01-08-2022, 09:26 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:

If:

4) You reverse Brexit

Peace and love
Please tell me this was a joke, before I start thinking of a sutable answer to all these points. I'm off to earn some money now because I couldn't afford to live on a pension.

Old 01-08-2022, 10:22 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
Please tell me this was a joke, before I start thinking of a suitable answer to all these points. I'm off to earn some money now because I couldn't afford to live on a pension.
It would appear that everything is all our fault and not the fault of people who were too indolent to actually vote against brexit. And lets blame everyone of an age and give them a derogatory name - that is not the slightest bit divisive at all and considered perfectly acceptable by people who would jump on any non woke statement with indignation..

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis

Last edited by sw16girl; 01-08-2022 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:29 AM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
It would appear that everything is all our fault and not the fault of people who were too indolent to actually vote against brexit.
Quite. I think the divide re brexit amongst the older folk was more those who had their adolescent years before the mid-sixties and those during or after, But, then again, I'm old old baby boomer hippie.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:30 AM
desperate

eagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betrayeagleDAN is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:

If:

4) You reverse Brexit

Peace and love
I can only assume that this is intentionally very heavy on irony. Thus making you prime Genx.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:32 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
HPalace?
how can I help?