Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-09-2022, 02:58 PM

Palace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is here
England September 2022 Fixtures

Seeing as there’s no football and we’re all totally bored, we could talk about England I suppose.

Italy on 23 September, Germany on 26 September.

Southgate names his squad on Thursday. What would everyone’s 26 man squad be?

Mine:

Ramsdale, Henderson, Pope

James, Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Trippier, Chilwell

Stones, Tomori, Guehi, Dier, White

Rice, Bellingham, Phillips, Mount

Sterling, Foden, Saka, Grealish, Sancho, Eze

Kane, Rashford, Toney

Last edited by Palace43; 13-09-2022 at 03:09 PM.
Old 13-09-2022, 03:05 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ramsdale, Pope, D Henderson

Stones, Dier, White, Guehi, Tomori

James, Walker, Trippier, Chilwell, Sessegnon

Rice, Phillips, Bellingham, Ward-Prowse

Mount, Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Rashford, Saka

Kane, Abraham, Toney

Think J Henderson and Pickford are definitely out already
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 13-09-2022, 03:15 PM

Palace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is here
Guess Phillips for Henderson then, heís not played much football at all but thereís not many options in midfield.

Iíve got my tinted specs on with my squad, I imagine Southgate will go JWP over Eze. Maybe Abraham over Sancho too. He likes Rashford and think heíll pick him after a little upturn in form.

Donít think heís a big fan of any other left backs, such as Sessegnon, Mitchell or Targett. I think heíll pick Chilwell and the 4 right backs, and have them cover the left side.

Best 11 in my opinion:

Ramsdale
Walker - Stones - Guehi
James - Bellingham - Rice - Chilwell
Foden - Kane - Sterling
Old 13-09-2022, 03:49 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace43 View Post
Donít think heís a big fan of any other left backs, such as Sessegnon, Mitchell or Targett. I think heíll pick Chilwell and the 4 right backs, and have them cover the left side.
Yeah, I just went with what I'd pick. Can't second guess Gareth!
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 13-09-2022, 05:57 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Guess Phillips for Henderson then, he’s not played much football at all but there’s not many options in midfield.

I’ve got my tinted specs on with my squad, I imagine Southgate will go JWP over Eze. Maybe Abraham over Sancho too. He likes Rashford and think he’ll pick him after a little upturn in form.

Don’t think he’s a big fan of any other left backs, such as Sessegnon, Mitchell or Targett. I think he’ll pick Chilwell and the 4 right backs, and have them cover the left side.

Best 11 in my opinion:

Ramsdale
Walker - Stones - Guehi
James - Bellingham - Rice - Chilwell
Foden - Kane - Sterling
Good team.

Could make a case for Mount over Bellingham, in a 4 at the back system they should both start with Rice.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 13-09-2022 at 06:00 PM.
Old 13-09-2022, 07:29 PM

Eagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Certs in the starting 11 for me: Ramsdale, Tomori, James, Bellingham, Rice, Kane, Sterling.

Anyone who does not select Bellingham and Tomori (best defender in Italy) does not watch football outside of the English divisions.

Ramsdale
Walker/White Tomori Guehi
James Rice Bellingham Chilwell
Foden/Saka Kane Sterling
Old 14-09-2022, 11:29 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle96 View Post
Certs in the starting 11 for me: Ramsdale, Tomori, James, Bellingham, Rice, Kane, Sterling.

Anyone who does not select Bellingham and Tomori (best defender in Italy) does not watch football outside of the English divisions.

Ramsdale
Foden/Saka Kane Sterling
Ramsdale aside, I like this.
Old 14-09-2022, 12:17 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle96 View Post

Ramsdale
Foden/Saka Kane Sterling
If Tomori plays, realistically it’s Marc who drops out, not Stones.
Old 14-09-2022, 12:20 PM
Adult Member

Stones is suspended for the Italy game though I suspect he'll still make the squad for the following match
Old 14-09-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Kent View Post
Stones is suspended for the Italy game though I suspect he'll still make the squad for the following match
Ah, thanks.
Old 14-09-2022, 12:23 PM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
I have a terrible feeling that manure donkey will still get the nod
Old 14-09-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
He really shouldnít, but I get the same feeling. Southgate loves him.

In my opinion thereís an incredible amount of centre backs that are ahead of himÖ Walker, Stones, Tomori, Guehi, White, Dier would be my 6 competing for 3. But thereís also Kilman, Gomez, Coady. And going further Iíd even have the likes of Mings, Tarkwoski, Keane and Burn ahead of Maguire.
Old 14-09-2022, 03:03 PM
Adult Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Mings and Coady were there too.

Something Gareth said after the 4-0 against Hungary and the recent poor results about going back to basics. I suspect he'll go old school with those that are his most known lieutenants and he'll consider it's too late to bring people into the squad unless they have a lot of experience with them already (for example Dier).
Old 15-09-2022, 02:05 PM

To view the link you have to Register or Login

He’s named his squad, he couldn’t bare to leave Maguire or Coady out so decides to name 12 defenders in his squad for 2 games!

Maguire, Shaw, Phillips and Bowen are all in. I’m not too surprised at Phillips as we lack midfielders and was an integral part of the Euros but the others have been in dreadful form/dropped from club teams.

Good to see Toney. Surprised at no Rashford who has been good in his last 3 games, and to a lesser extent, Sancho.
Old 15-09-2022, 02:06 PM

Guehi the only Palace representative, which is not much of a surprise.
Old 15-09-2022, 02:11 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
5 midfielders and no Gallagher.
Old 15-09-2022, 02:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrighton_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maguire and TAA is a joke. What happened to picking players based on form.
Old 15-09-2022, 02:12 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Heís named his squad, he couldnít bare to leave Maguire or Coady out so decides to name 12 defenders in his squad for 2 games!

Maguire, Shaw, Phillips and Bowen are all in. Iím not too surprised at Phillips as we lack midfielders and was an integral part of the Euros but the others have been in dreadful form/dropped from club teams.

Good to see Toney. Surprised at no Rashford who has been good in his last 3 games, and to a lesser extent, Sancho.

Bloke is ******* clueless.
Old 15-09-2022, 02:13 PM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Southgate
Old 15-09-2022, 02:15 PM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Switched TV on,
See Mason Mount retains place
Turns over to the Hairy Bikers, who are cooking a peach cobbler