Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 24-11-2022, 03:55 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Large monitor

Can anyone recommend a large monitor for the usually working from home garbage. Use a lot of excel, have multiple books open at a time etc.

Not looking for anything to break the bank, just functional.
Old 24-11-2022, 06:22 PM

PurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPurePalace4E4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Get two monitors? More productive than a single screen.
Old 24-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Solidisk ADFS

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I use twin Samsung 24 inch SD330 'Gaming' monitors. They are a few years old now so you can pick them up on eBay for about £50 each refurb / 2nd hand. You will need to ensure that your laptop can feed two screens if you haven't got a laptop docking station. Usually one DVI and one HDMI does the trick, or two HMDI's if you are able

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-11-2022, 06:58 PM
not Chong.....

Cheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheech : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I use twin Samsung 24 inch SD330 'Gaming' monitors. They are a few years old now so you can pick them up on eBay for about £50 each refurb / 2nd hand. You will need to ensure that your laptop can feed two screens if you haven't got a laptop docking station. Usually one DVI and one HDMI does the trick, or two HMDI's if you are able

Yeah this is what I do as well, use 2 Samsung 24 inch monitors, one into HDMI & the other DVI. These are the ones I've got £99 each at the moment at currys.

Old 24-11-2022, 07:08 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
I've got a 32" curved screen Asus that I got for a bit of a bargain price a couple of years ago.

It looked huge at first but is really good and normal looking now.

Two monitors would take up more space so it does me fine - good for video chats too.
Old 24-11-2022, 07:14 PM
Solidisk ADFS

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
Yeah this is what I do as well, use 2 Samsung 24 inch monitors, one into HDMI & the other DVI. These are the ones I've got £99 each at the moment at currys.

Oooh I think I would like a couple of curved ones placed side by side.
Old 24-11-2022, 07:17 PM

ddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietddfunk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
With lots of people returning to the office it might be worth trying Facebook/Gumtree for Covid-regret purchases.
Old 24-11-2022, 07:17 PM
Solidisk ADFS

I like being able to share just one of the screens if I am hosting a Teams meeting. I put my sharing windows on one side and keep all my other stuff on the other including my taskbar etc. Of course if you really want, you can use the Laptop screen as a second screen if you opt for a single monitor.
Old 24-11-2022, 07:19 PM
Solidisk ADFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddfunk View Post
With lots of people returning to the office it might be worth trying Facebook/Gumtree for Covid-regret purchases.
Ebay has shit loads of slightly less well known models at bargain prices if you don't need a) brand new and b) a guarantee. I just got one the same as the one that work had already given me
Old 24-11-2022, 07:21 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
I use a Dell Ultrawide and think they're marvellous. Great for mutli-tasking/having mutiple documents/files open at once. Cleaner than having a dual monitors and all the cables. Plugs into the laptop via USB C.

Old 24-11-2022, 07:23 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
think about what resolution you want. 4k sounds lovely until you realise that the text in your excel sheet appears smaller than a gnats arse.

Can your employer not supply something for you to use?
Old 24-11-2022, 07:37 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I used to see people with either 2 or sometimes 3 monitors on their desk and would think, WTF!

Then I got a second monitor set up on my desk, and couldn't live without them.

Funny old world...
Old 24-11-2022, 08:09 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Ohhh wasn’t expecting so many choices.
I have 2 standard screens at the mo but just find them a bit clunky.
Was after an ultra wide one without a dead space in the middle.

Also can anyone recommend me a docking station I can use for multiple laptops?
Old 24-11-2022, 08:11 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
I like being able to share just one of the screens if I am hosting a Teams meeting. I put my sharing windows on one side and keep all my other stuff on the other including my taskbar etc. Of course if you really want, you can use the Laptop screen as a second screen if you opt for a single monitor.
I didnít think about that.
Hummm maybe I just buy a third monitor.
Old 24-11-2022, 08:40 PM
Solidisk ADFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
think about what resolution you want. 4k sounds lovely until you realise that the text in your excel sheet appears smaller than a gnats arse.
Yeah 4K for my telly / gaming, 1980x1080 for laptop work.
Old 24-11-2022, 09:45 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Biggest I could find.

Old 24-11-2022, 10:48 PM

speagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've got two desks setup. One with AOC Q32V4 - 32 inch QHD Monitor and one with 2 LG 23' monitors. If you got the desktop space I much prefer the 2 screens. Easier to manage windows. (plus laptop screen)
Old 24-11-2022, 10:58 PM
Solidisk ADFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
I've got two desks setup. One with AOC Q32V4 - 32 inch QHD Monitor and one with 2 LG 23' monitors. If you got the desktop space I much prefer the 2 screens. Easier to manage windows. (plus laptop screen)
You'd think that the feature would be there to create as many virtual screens as you want (on your super-big/wide monitor)? I'm not aware of that feature in Win10 but then Windows isn't my OS - just a gateway to it
Old 25-11-2022, 12:31 AM

speagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You'd think that the feature would be there to create as many virtual screens as you want (on your super-big/wide monitor)? I'm not aware of that feature in Win10 but then Windows isn't my OS - just a gateway to it
My work laptop is completely locked down and pretty basic so I'm restricted to what I can do. but prior to all those restrictions several years ago I used BetterDesktopTool for a while. Let's you create virtual screens.

I thought most ultrawides have settings so they behave like two monitors?
Old 25-11-2022, 12:36 AM
Solidisk ADFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
My work laptop is completely locked down and pretty basic so I'm restricted to what I can do. but prior to all those restrictions several years ago I used BetterDesktopTool for a while. Let's you create virtual screens.

I thought most ultrawides have settings so they behave like two monitors?
Oh fair play - never had one so don't know. Yeah I thought that there would be third party solutions and, yeah, work laptops are generally locked down. I'm fortunate that I am one of the few to have local admin rights because they don't understand the stuff I use to access my big systems