Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-01-2023, 10:18 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Best live albums

I discovered this rabbit hole of a web site and spent far too long yesterday looking at all the lists

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I was amazed to see he had Jess Rosen Live at the BBC as one of his top three as only a few have heard this brilliant album as it's so rare.

Had a long thought and my top three, not in order that's too much thinking, are :

Made in Japan Deep Purple
Frampton Comes Alive Peter Frampton
Jess Roden Live at the BBC

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 23-01-2023, 10:23 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Unplugged - Nirvana

Two of my favs
Old 23-01-2023, 10:49 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
I discovered this rabbit hole of a web site and spent far too long yesterday looking at all the lists

I was amazed to see he had Jess Rosen Live at the BBC as one of his top three as only a few have heard this brilliant album as it's so rare.

Had a long thought and my top three, not in order that's too much thinking, are :

Quite a clever Amazon affiliate site idea...
Old 23-01-2023, 10:53 AM

daves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaves61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Genesis - seconds out
UFO - strangers in the night
10CC - live and let live
Kansas - two for the show
Old 23-01-2023, 11:11 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Both my choices are by Nils Frahm. The first would be Spaces, a collection of live performances from various shows. The other would be Tripping with Nils Frahm all recorded at a concert in Berlin. I think the entire concert might be available on YouTube to watch now.

Actually, there's another sort of live album from Nils that he released with Olafur Arnalds available on YouTube. It's an improvised collection of songs they recorded and had filmed at his Berlin flat. It's magical to watch, if you like that sort of thing.
Old 23-01-2023, 11:35 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous has to be part of the conversation.
Old 23-01-2023, 11:44 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post

I have Made in Japan and Frampton Comes Alive.
I have Blowin' by Roden( also live).

Unless I missed it I would also put up Rockin' the Filmore/Humble Pie.
Old 23-01-2023, 12:38 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Now Liver and more Dangerous:-

Old 23-01-2023, 01:04 PM
analyse this

bourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Believe their was a lot of studio overdubs, read that some tracks are almost unrecognisable from original live recordings but still a great album
Old 23-01-2023, 01:18 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Other than the normal favorites I still give Free Live! and Rory Gallagher Live in Europe a listen.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 23-01-2023, 01:35 PM

Lama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One surprising omission from the Top 100 (based on a quick scan) is Santana live at Tanglewood.
Old 23-01-2023, 02:27 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
That website is a bid odd.

Anyway, I only own two live albums so they are my favourites:

Bill Withers Live at Carnegie Hall
James Brown Live at The Apollo
Old 23-01-2023, 08:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Isn't there already a thread on this in the Music section?
Old 23-01-2023, 08:31 PM

Eaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Old 23-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Other than the normal favorites I still give Free Live! and Rory Gallagher Live in Europe a listen.
The Gallagher one was a huge favourite of mine back in the day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 23-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
He’s gone a bit weird and grumpy now but Van Morrison, It’s Too Late To Stop Now is wonderful.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 23-01-2023, 08:34 PM

Eaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandEaglesforever is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Aretha Franklin: Live At Fillmore West is a cracking album
Old 23-01-2023, 08:38 PM

eaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglesheart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Who Live at Leeds.
Old 23-01-2023, 08:42 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
UFO - Strangers In The Night
Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous

Those are the only two live albums I still play regularly.

I'd probably go for Genesis - Seconds Out for my third choice, although I always preferred the Gabriel vocals.
Old 23-01-2023, 08:43 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sinatra at the Sands…
Ol blue eyes….