Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Going down .. now or next year?
We're fu€ked! 229 45.98%
Don't be silly .. nobhead! 196 39.36%
Moo! 73 14.66%
Voters: 498. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-02-2023, 12:33 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Are we sleepwalking towards relegation ?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

We have a midfield fix but without Wilf, the attack is rubbish ... Even Christian Benteke would be an upgrade on our strikers and Ben was also useful defending corners.
Ņur ownership mess is worrying and life without Wilf doesn't look great!
Old 27-02-2023, 12:46 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
No. We have a lot of leeway to be like this for the rest of the season and be fine. The defence is more than good enough to keep us where we are. It will be boring though.
Old 27-02-2023, 12:55 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its going to be very tight, and I think we might drop into the bottom three in the next few weeks, but we'll be ok
Old 27-02-2023, 12:58 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
We had a bad run of form where we didn't get the results against teams we should have.

In the last few games we've played some of the most in form teams in the country and picked up points and been very hard to break. As long as we don't get complacent then we will do fine.

A win against Villa would be great. We've then got 3 tough games in a row before things get a bit easier (not that any Prem game is easy when you're struggling to score).
Old 27-02-2023, 12:59 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
We will need an injury crisis of biblical proportions to have any chance of going down.

Beat Villa this weekend and we really should be looking to finish above them and maybe even pip Brentford to 10th if they have terrible end to the season.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:01 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Its going to be very tight, and I think we might drop into the bottom three in the next few weeks, but we'll be ok
people keep saying this. Yet despite that, the relegation zone has maybe gained 1 point on us? I think we were 7 clear at the start of the year, now it's 6.

There is also 6 teams between us and the bottom 3. So we'd need to have worse form than nearly all of them and would need a few of them far out performing us.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:07 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
It's next season that worries me unless we have a really good transfer window. But with our ownership weirdness that's doubtful.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:17 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
It's next season that worries me unless we have a really good transfer window. But with our ownership weirdness that's doubtful.
I'm pretty certain we've kept our powder dry for this summer because it's likely to be a buyers' market.

I'd be shocked of we don't spend £50m+.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:19 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
We are limping towards safety. But I agree with philsick about next season.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 27-02-2023, 01:23 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
We had a bad run of form where we didn't get the results against teams we should have.

In the last few games we've played some of the most in form teams in the country and picked up points and been very hard to break. As long as we don't get complacent then we will do fine.

A win against Villa would be great. We've then got 3 tough games in a row before things get a bit easier (not that any Prem game is easy when you're struggling to score).
Which recent games should we have got more points in than we did? If you are referring to NF that was 3 months ago.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:25 PM

Alfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAlfies army came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m not confident about us getting points from some of the clubs we’re supposed to beat but I think we’re limp over the line just
Old 27-02-2023, 01:26 PM

PurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is here
'knobhead'
Old 27-02-2023, 01:28 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep the window is likely to be the big problem. I hope Steve isn't as complacent as he was in October when he was asked about January incomings. That ended up going to the absolute wire.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:29 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
I do think that the owners are hoping that some of the youth players can move up into the squad and save the club a load of money especially in wages. Just think if one of the current youth players replaces Luka in the squad that will probably save the club 50k or more in wages per week and do that for 3 or 4 players and that is serious savings. For what if is worth I think most of our youth players(even those on loan) and probably another season away from making the first team squad.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:34 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
External news sources either overlook it, or are completely oblivious to the fact we've had a torrid run of constantly playing the sides in form recently. 4 draws out of 5 suggests we have enough to beat the sides around/below us when we get to play them, so I'm not sure.

It does annoy me that whenever we're doing well/badly, the media never pick up on why that might be.

If we're still roughly where we are come the Leicester game, I think we'll be fine.

Still laughing...
Old 27-02-2023, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Yep the window is likely to be the big problem. I hope Steve isn't as complacent as he was in October when he was asked about January incomings. That ended up going to the absolute wire.
It's not about complacency it's about getting value for money.

There will be a number of quality players auctioned off this summer due to their contract situations and we'll be in a great financial position to pick a few of them up.

Just because we didn't spend big in one window doesn't mean there isn't a desire to spend.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:39 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
So usually 36 points is roughly enough to stay up so at least 9 points needed from 14 games. We should be able to get that, however 40 points would be more of a guarantee. Be nice if we could get a win to make it feel easier instead of dragging ourselves along a point at a time! This January's window feels like it was a gamble to save the money we need (which may be quite a bit) to probably replace Wilf. I wonder if we'll need to sell one of our assets to raise funds (Andersen, Guehi, Olise, Eze) of if any of our "investors" will help
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:39 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Pretty sure we will be ok based on the last two performances. A win in the next 4 games would probably be enough with the run of games after, but 4 defeats would make for an uneasy few games in April against relegation rivals.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:42 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
We have our issues but we simply don't look like a team headed for the drop in my opinion.. Patience... we're keeping the scoreboard ticking over against much better opposition. Don't panic until we start losing the winnable games.
Old 27-02-2023, 01:43 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
It's not about complacency it's about getting value for money.

There will be a number of quality players auctioned off this summer due to their contract situations and we'll be in a great financial position to pick a few of them up.

Just because we didn't spend big in one window doesn't mean there isn't a desire to spend.
The issue is the problem has been over the last two windows. This January was a cluster due to the failings in the market last summer.