Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-02-2024, 04:42 PM

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Be careful what you wish for.

I don't come on here much these days. i don't think I could handle all the abuse being pointed in the direction of the club. As i see it, Palace have been unable to play their best line up too often due to being plagued with injuries (Olise & Eze have only players together 4 times this season and we can see the difference it makes when they're not starting). The truth is, without them, just like when Zaha made the difference, they're not strong enough creatively. That's not Hodgson's fault. You can get in whoever you like - Potter, cooper, whoever. it won't change the facts. Franca, Ahamada, Ozoh, can all get games, but they're not good enough/the right fit to fill the gaps Olise and Eze leave.

Ten years in the premier league and still not guaranteed to go down and many fans (I'm guessing mostly younger ones) are protesting like it's the end of the world. You've been spoiled! Not that long ago, Palace were a goal away from going down into the second division, a day away from going into administration - and you think you've got it bad now? I was one of the original Trust members. I had meetings with the club when it was worth £20m in total - ground, players and all. These days that wouldn't buy you a decent player. I organised the Goldberg out protest at my own expense because those WERE truly dark days. This is just a light rain shower in comparison. But, latter day fans clearly can't see that. They've not experienced the real lows. If you carry on protesting, booing, abusing, then maybe you will, but it will be partly of your doing as players realise there can be life beyond Palace and they don't need the hassle. As i said in the headline to this post: Be careful what you wish for.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:45 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Bloody hell
Old 05-02-2024, 04:47 PM

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Bloody hell
You're welcome
Old 05-02-2024, 04:48 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Thanks for the advice but I’m good
Old 05-02-2024, 04:48 PM

Glazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is here
Posted elsewhere

I know I'm one of the old bastards, but since 1968/70 season:

Bloye / Noades / Jordan - some great times, some bad.
Goldberg.
Two administrations.
Double relegation.
The 9-0. The 0-7.
Years in the second tier doldrums.
Team of the 80s disintegration.
Banned from Europe.
Lombardo / Brolin management team
de Boer debacle
MULLERY!
Please feel free to add more….

I know it’s bad at the moment but Christ we’ve come back from some really dark times!
Old 05-02-2024, 04:50 PM
I'm listening ....

xian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didnt Roy say the same thing, we are spoilt
Old 05-02-2024, 04:50 PM

Joelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is hereJoelsim Sam the man is here
You're suggesting that Schlupp and Hughes are good enough.

Without any attacking threat in the tactics or the line-up you can't hope to play well.

FranÁa created/had as many chances in the second half against Brighton than Schlupp's created all season.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:51 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
More delusion
Old 05-02-2024, 04:52 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazier69 View Post
Posted elsewhere

Goldberg.
Two administrations.
Double relegation.
The 9-0. The 0-7.
Banned from Europe.
de Boer debacle
MULLERY!
Please feel free to add moreÖ.

I know itís bad at the moment but Christ weíve come back from some really dark times!
We are in 1st world problems territory granted.. but that doesnít mean people canít show their dissatisfaction towards the absolute surrederball dross served up every week which we have to pay for the privilege

Personally I donít boo at the ground.. but I donít blame those that do
Old 05-02-2024, 04:53 PM

Yup. And these aren't even really dark times. Football fans are just a lot more fickle these days. Just holding your own in the top flight these days is an achievement. Ask all the clubs that haven't managed to do so.

Quote:
Posted elsewhere

Goldberg.
Two administrations.
Double relegation.
The 9-0. The 0-7.
Banned from Europe.
de Boer debacle
MULLERY!
Please feel free to add moreÖ.

I know itís bad at the moment but Christ weíve come back from some really dark times!
Old 05-02-2024, 04:55 PM

Glazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is hereGlazier69 Sam the man is here
Here's another list to ponder (I love a list, me!)

Charlton
Bolton
Wigan
Swansea
Blackburn
Derby
Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Sheff Wed
QPR
Stoke
Birmingham
Watford
Pompey
Cardiff

Not to mention
Norwich
Ipswich
Southampton
Leicester
WBA
Leeds
Cov
Budding Archaeologist

marky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good grief
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Bring back Peter Taylor as manager.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:56 PM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great to hear from AFB after such a long time. He's right of course and the current mess doesn't come close to the near destruction of the club by the likes of Goldberg and Jordon. Where I differ is that, even at those low points we, more often than not, still had a team with passion and guts. They might not have always been very good but they always played the Palace way. My fear is that we seem to have lost that and the consequences could be dire.

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
As long as we stay up, I'm good - and I think we will.

I don't really care about 'taking Palace to the next level' - I'm ok with the weird experience of being a premiership side for over a decade.

I don't even mind the old Royball situation - when it was getting results - it was the nature of the beast and it got a job done, with frankly a team that really should have been relegated.

But there is a reality here which is results, anything from 17th upwards this season is fine - and to be honest, I think we'll have Olise and Eze back in a few weeks - and be safe

Tipping point for me, is that we can't defend - not even remotely - and that was never a problem under Hodgson, with arguably a worse back four. I suspect once the two new players bed themselves in it'll become a tighter ship.

We'll probably finish about 14th or 15th.
I'm listening ....

xian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hope for progression is wrong ?
Old 05-02-2024, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Bring back Peter Taylor as manager.
If time travel existed I'd bring him back as a player

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Hi Al,

I am not a young fan, however, have always objected to negative surrender ball played by Roy.
Time for him to go and get replaced by somebody prepared to investigate our squads depth because it is better than Roy has made out.
As for Steve Parish, he has to be the one that does the deed but personally he has done far better for us than any other owner and I still trust him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
Yup. And these aren't even really dark times. Football fans are just a lot more fickle these days. Just holding your own in the top flight these days is an achievement. Ask all the clubs that haven't managed to do so.
Football fans have always been fickle. Get down off your high horse. If you donít want better for the club after 10yrs in the PL then good for you, but donít come on and give it the high and mighty to those that want us to actually try and win a football game on the front foot.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Here's another list to ponder (I love a list, me!)

Charlton
Bolton
Wigan
Swansea
Blackburn
Derby
Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Sheff Wed
QPR
Stoke
Birmingham
Watford
Pompey
Cardiff

Not to mention
Norwich
Ipswich
Southampton
Leicester
WBA
Leeds
Cov
Exactly. I worked out that I've seen Palace play 90 different sides in the football league, including 12 that are now in the National Leagues. Not so long ago, Palace were losing 4-0 at home to Scunthorpe, who currently sit 2nd in the National League North. That's why I'll never moan about Palace struggling to stay in the top flight. They could be Scunthorpe, or Chester, or any of the many other clubs they've played that are now languishing in the lower leagues.