Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Is Palace going to be relegated in 2024
Yes 213 44.94%
No 261 55.06%
Voters: 474. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2024, 01:01 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Do you think we will be relegated this season?

Simple question. There seem to be a lot of people saying that we are going down so I wondered whether that is true. Poll to follow.
Old 06-02-2024, 01:06 AM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
You forgot the moo option
Old 06-02-2024, 01:07 AM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Looks like Roy is staying, so yes I think we are. Two things can change that, him leaving or points deductions.
Old 06-02-2024, 01:23 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
No, but the probability has risen.

I can’t see us needing more than 35 points to stay up so providing we have Olise, Eze and Guehi fit for the last 9 games and we don’t get any further injuries then we should be able to pick up 3 wins and 2 draws in those games and that’s even if we were to lose the next 6.

We might even get Doucoure back for the last 3 or 4 games if his recovery goes well.
Old 06-02-2024, 01:25 AM

Palace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is herePalace43 Sam the man is here
It's tough, it's really tough.

No Olise, no Eze, no Doucoure, no Guehi.

I think we stay up due to other teams points deductions.
Old 06-02-2024, 01:40 AM

Gregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is here
The Olise news has put me at 50/50 but I voted no.
Old 06-02-2024, 01:42 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We only stay up on other teams getting points deducted. I have us getting to 31 points.
Old 06-02-2024, 01:50 AM
selhurst massive

eagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At the moment I’m afraid yes , no luck with injuries or decisions

Players are uninspired & well off form , our manager is out of ideas & our fans upset with the club at the whole mess

What we need is for lady luck to come & sit in our corner for a couple of months

If Everton get their points deduction back they’ll be above us & we have to play them MASSIVE GAME
If Forest get a points deduction that will help us massively
One team the opposite of us are Luton who are playing well & seem up for the fight MASSIVE GAME
Sheffield Utd are gone as far as I’m concerned
Burnley are as good as gone & we still have to play them MASSIVE GAME

Last edited by eagle69; 06-02-2024 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-02-2024, 02:04 AM

Gregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is hereGregz41 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle69 View Post
At the moment I’m afraid yes , no luck with injuries or decisions

Players are uninspired & well off form , our manager is out of ideas & our fans upset with the club at the whole mess

What we need is for lady luck to come & sit in our corner for a couple of months

If Everton get their points deduction back they’ll be above us & we have to play them MASSIVE GAME
If Forest get a points deduction that will help us massively
One team the opposite of us are Luton who are playing well & seem up for the fight MASSIVE GAME
Sheffield Utd are gone as far as I’m concerned
Burnley are as good as gone & we still have to play them MASSIVE GAME
It's not luck:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Look at this quote from the report - hard to see how this could be a one off. Hodgson has had terrible injury records every season he's been in charge.
Quote:
There have been a whopping 30 injuries at Palace since Hodgson returned, and it is understood that medical staff had to remind Hodgson on three separate occasions just last week not to overwork Michael Olise, who is at risk of a recurring injury.
Old 06-02-2024, 03:45 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
The only thing that will possibly save us is other sides getting points deductions.

The Olise news is completely on the manager so I hope the Roy fan club don’t use him missing from the team sheet for the rest of the season as an excuse poor old Roy can’t get a result as he’s to blame for that unforgivable substitution.

We’re in free fall
Old 06-02-2024, 03:52 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
No but it will be mighty close, and that’s with three of the worst team sim premier league history, one crap team alreading having a points deduction, and another about to have one.

And we still might get relegated.

At least we didn’t waste a year’s worth of development for some of our young players……..oh
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 06-02-2024, 04:56 AM

Wilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is hereWilbraham413 Sam the man is here
It's hard to imagine that things will remain so hopeless for the next 3 months, but I suppose it's possible. I still think we'll somehow barely be safe, but with no Olise, no Eze, no Guehi, and Roy in his current state, it seems probable that we could be gone.
2020 Feb. (van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Newcastle
2023 May (Eze, Eze) Palace 2 - 0 Bournemouth
Old 06-02-2024, 09:46 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
I'm starting to think we might. Depends a lot of the point deduction decisions.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 06-02-2024, 09:51 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Without an urgent change in management, or at worst Roy having some kind of epiphany, then we are on course to go down, IMO
Old 06-02-2024, 09:53 AM

Bangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is hereBangell Sam the man is here
Absolutely no idea, a billion things can happen. But anyone who denies that there's a strong possibility is delusional.
We need to start seeing performances that reflect the gravity of our situation.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:54 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
50/50 for me. I’ve been saying for a while that our season hinges on Olise and eze staying fit. If they were, I’d be very confident. I’m now fearing the worst. Just hope we can scrape wins against Burnley and Luton in particular.

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
If points deductions didnít exist I would now say yes. Given they do and hopefully Forest will lose a few I think we will stay up by skin of our teeth but itís not going to be fun.
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Without an urgent change in management, or at worst Roy having some kind of epiphany, then we are on course to go down, IMO
With the Olise news, I fear you are right.

Hodgson with Eze and Olise would be fine - we have played well when they have both been fit.

But Hodgson's selections and tactics to manage without them have been awful.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 06-02-2024, 09:55 AM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
No, but the probability has risen.

I canít see us needing more than 35 points to stay up so providing we have Olise, Eze and Guehi fit for the last 9 games and we donít get any further injuries then we should be able to pick up 3 wins and 2 draws in those games and thatís even if we were to lose the next 6.

We might even get Doucoure back for the last 3 or 4 games if his recovery goes well.
The problem is that all of our Ďeasier gamesí take place in the next 8 weeks without Olise and possibly Eze and Guehi for large parts of it. Our run in (last 7 games) are horrendous, pretty much everyone in the top half and against teams we rarely get points from. We are going to need 10 + points in the next 8 games to have a chance and I just donít see where those points will come from.
Old 06-02-2024, 09:55 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
If the questions is related to Roy's fate, then there's more to it than just the risk of relegation