Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2024, 11:17 PM

intheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Much better performance, might as well go up or down with Roy

Unless we can get a manager with proven success who will be here long term, the effort and performance today was enough to keep us up, as long as we play some players with attacking ability like Franca.

We didn’t have our two best players but generated chances and I did not feel like it was only a matter of time before Chelsea scored.

(Not sure why we don’t ever do the back pass to the top of the box which got them both goals ) but this type of effort and squad selection gave us a chance.

I have never seen any quit from this team but the squad selection has been setup for failure. Not today.

3 points would have been a lot nicer.

But I can take this setup and effort the rest of the way if the other options are bringing in some manager already sacked this year in premier league.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:21 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Definitely needed a new thread.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 12-02-2024, 11:24 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Definitely needed a new thread.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:25 PM
I'm listening ....

xian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietxian1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We ain’t going down with any manager
Old 12-02-2024, 11:29 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
We'll be absolute dogshit against Everton.

Palace always raise it against the bigger names (and usually lose). And lack desire or purpose or any clue against the lesser sides.

Nearly always been the same.

In a week BBSers will be perplexed as to why we aren't repeating this performance. Personally, I will again be flabergasted that long(ish) term Palace fans don't know this simple truth.

Roy hasn't beaten Everton, at least not with Palace.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:30 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
For me Roy's in game mgt failed us again
Too late and not enough subs
And out of character goes two up front opening our left side up
Ozoh should have been on with instructions to stop Gallagher , a professional foul was needed on there 2nd goal breakaway
Old 12-02-2024, 11:34 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy tried to be a bit more positive tonight, shame we never got the second goal. That said, we are in a rut and I think we need the new manager bounce to get out of it. We have forgotten how to win
Old 12-02-2024, 11:36 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

Palace always raise it against the bigger names (and usually lose). And lack desire or purpose or any clue against the lesser sides.

In a week BBSers will be perplexed as to why we aren't repeating this performance. Personally, I will again be flabergasted that long(ish) term Palace fans don't know this simple truth.

For many years, Palace have been comfortable in the Prem, because they have got many good results against the teams below them. This year, it's not the case, which is why we could be relegated.

Btw, I don't think Chelsea are very good atm - Bang average and yet still get 3 goals against us.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:36 PM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:

I always say this. Brave/plucky/unlucky losers against the big sides, then put in a two out of ten performance against a side as shit as us, usually making them look like Barcelona in the process, and get beat.

I think we'll get beat by Everton - another side we never look remotely like beating nowadays - then draw with Burnley. After that it's anyone's guess.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:37 PM

PurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is herePurePalace4E4 Sam the man is here
Quote:

It's the hope that kills you.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Hf lover. They're great.

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm not getting home till 1am. I'm completely deflated with this season. Just relegate us
Old 12-02-2024, 11:45 PM

Soarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is here
Means absolute nothing if we still lost and got zero points.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
I'm not getting home till 1am. I'm completely deflated with this season. Just relegate us
You do get the feeling this is how Southampton, Leeds, and Leicester fans were feeling last season.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:48 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
I agree. I think the time for change has passed. I saw more good than bad in that. I'm behind the team and Roy, and I think we will stay up. Starting with a win at Everton.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:50 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
For me Roy's in game mgt failed us again
Too late and not enough subs
And out of character goes two up front opening our left side up
Ozoh should have been on with instructions to stop Gallagher , a professional foul was needed on there 2nd goal breakaway
Have to say, the formation after the subs did help them…
Old 12-02-2024, 11:56 PM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by xian1 View Post
We ain’t going down with any manager
Agree. Absolutely zero chance we go down.
Old 12-02-2024, 11:59 PM

ZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietZahaVBrighton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

We will get an absolute hiding at Everton I reckon. Everyone seems to think we were unlucky against a top quality side, realistically they are a pile of shit midtable PL team that yet again we couldn't win against.
Old 13-02-2024, 12:02 AM

little dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Amazingly the answer doesn’t lie in a knee jerk emotional reaction after every game.

We played well, we signed well im January, our 4 best players are still to come back in.

We’ll probably be ok. Roy will retire at the end of the season as was always the plan, and we’ll probably invest a lot better in the summer too.
Old 13-02-2024, 12:04 AM

Soarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little dedders View Post
Amazingly the answer doesn’t lie in a knee jerk emotional reaction after every game.

We played well, we signed well im January, our 4 best players are still to come back in.

We’ll probably be ok. Roy will retire at the end of the season as was always the plan, and we’ll probably invest a lot better in the summer too.
Old 13-02-2024, 12:05 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
Agree. Absolutely zero chance we go down.
That's just silly.