Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 04-12-2002, 10:25 AM

jempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is finejempie is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Mullins and Gray

Personally I think it's about time we cashed in on these over hyped players.

I'd settle for 2 mil for em both.

If they don't leave and become free agents, possibly re-sign Julian. But it would have to be on our terms.

Mullins is awful (why on earth is he our captain). Wouldn't be in my starting XI.
Gray is useless too. Unfortunately one of only 2 senior left footed players, but easily replaceable
We love you, we love you, we love you and where you play we follow, we follow, we follow, cos we support the Palace, the Palace, the Palace and that's the way we like it, we like, we like it... WOAH,WOAH,WOAH!!!
Old 04-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
And hang on to all our other over-hyped ones?
Old 04-12-2002, 10:36 AM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just don't understand your post. I'm not going to engage in any ad hominem attacks, but I can't understand how you can suggest that Mullins is not an extremely important all 'round player for Palace, and one of our most skillful.

While I don't think Julian is on the same level as Mullins, when he's on, he can really cause havoc with opposing defences. He can run at players, take them on, and whip across some good balls. Is he always consistent? No. Has he played some very important matches for Palace and does he have an enormous amount of skill that can turn a game? Yes.

They are both quality players. I think Mullins has been more important for Palace than Gray up to this point. Did you see Mullins in a back 3 against Grimsby a week ago? He didn't put a foot wrong.

Maybe we are destined for permanent mid table mediocrity if we as supporters have such divergent views. No wonder we can't just get behind the team.

If we sell our best players, how can we expect to be anything but mediocre?
Old 04-12-2002, 11:11 AM

Highway Star is playing for a contract
Re: Mullins and Gray

Quote:
Originally posted by jempie

If they don't leave and become free agents, possibly re-sign Julian. But it would have to be on our terms.

Mullins is awful (why on earth is he our captain). Wouldn't be in my starting XI.
Gray is useless too. Unfortunately one of only 2 senior left footed players, but easily replaceable

Sorry, can't agree with this post, even slightly!!!!!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:47 PM

Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son Mal Come Ally Son
You think that Mullins ia 'awful' and Gray is 'useless and easily replaceable'.

But IF that's the case why do you value them at 1m each?

There's a bit of an inconsistency here
Old 04-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Mr.Pilkington

Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad Dartford Lad
I think Mullins is an important part of the team and he is obviously commited to Palace. Gray on the other hand, seems to be itching for a move away from Palace anyway, so we are being put in the same sort of situation as when Clint left. The only difference is that Clint still put in the effort!
Old 04-12-2002, 01:03 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This barely deserves a reply.

Mullins is without doubt one of our most talented players. Yes he can be frustrating, but he gets everywhere. He tackles back, sets up attacks which he then supports in, providing a physical presence in midfield, and always works hard for the rest of the team. His versitility has helped us out on numerous occasions, and he's committed to CPFC. I'd like to see him signed on a long-term contract immediately. You won't find any player half as committed or as talented as Hayden Mullins for a poxy 1m.

Gray has been disappointing this season, and has yet to reach the levels he achieved last year. Partly I suspect this is due to his longterm injury, but I agree that he needs to get back on track asap. I would like to see him signed on another contract - he is out of contract in the summer. Not sure whether he'd be allowed to leave on a free (under 24, but does this count if we've bought him rather than bringing him through our academy?).

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 04-12-2002, 01:06 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Mullins and Gray

Quote:
Originally posted by jempie

I can see why you think that, and I agree to a point. I only ever seem to notice Mullins when he's just passed straight to an opposing player, something he always has done a lot of, I think.

That said, I think he is a decent player who is versatile and on balance we probably need to keep him. I actually think that while he is a useful defender, I prefer him in midfield and as a creative midfielder at that. He got about 12 or 13 goals one a few years back from midfield, and we swiftly put him in as sweeper the next year!

As for Gray, he seems to be a bog standard temperamental winger. With some decent man management, I think he would be a great left winger/wingback. If we are unable to manage him, then we should cash in.

We should not let either leave for free (or for minimal compensation in Grays case (under 24)).
Old 04-12-2002, 01:08 PM

muffdaddy is starting to shape up
Gray's been disappointing this season so far, but at least he's weighed in with some important goals. He still doesn't look match fit in my opinion. Now he's got tonsilitis. I hope we don't get rid of him. Now Rubins has gone we haven't got many left-sided players. I think JG will come good.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:25 PM
CPFC season ticket holder

David hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Last night Mullins and Riihilahti were excellent. Mullins played some great passes, and made some vital interceptions. Aki kept battling and stopped Oldham attacking.

Please don't sell Mullins, he is a Youth product, and is so useful as he can play in a number of positions.
Old 04-12-2002, 01:30 PM

Simon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situations
Mullins has been my favourite player for 3 seasons now. He makes mistakes at the back, but other than that he is excellent.

If we sell him - it would be like selling Southgate, which cut me up aswell.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:46 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mullins is an excellent player. Even when he is not passing well he is always making important interceptions. When he goes, as I have no doubt he will, just how much we will miss him will be apparent.
As for Gray, I am much less sure. He has ability but will he ever add application? I am beginning to doubt it.
Old 04-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiting

THETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not sayTHETwins knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Gray shows his form every now and then, but bottles it the rest of the time.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:58 PM
On the learning curve

MENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMENTALLY TOUGH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Let Gray go, Mullins is more useful becasue of the number of positions he can play in. Saying that if only Mullins could have a number of games in the same position then it many of his doubters would see why so many of us do think of him so highly.
I am convinced that given a consistant run in midfield he could return to the form of his first 2 seasons in the team, It was the only good thing Venables did when he came back.

Gray just dont produce enough end product for someone in his position.
Let him goto Charlton she he can drag them down.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:40 AM
Diamond Geezer

palace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace_crystal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mullins = wank, far too inconsistent with his passing, but DOES possess the ABILITY
Old 05-12-2002, 10:57 AM

grovesy77 is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get ongrovesy77 is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get ongrovesy77 is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get ongrovesy77 is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get on
Both decent players.

Gray - looks like he has already made his mind up, definetly going.

Mullins - Quality player, will benifit from playing a more settled role, top performance against Oldham
Old 05-12-2002, 11:37 AM

It wasn't me! is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by palace_crystal
Mullins = wank, far too inconsistent with his passing, but DOES possess the ABILITY
Bit harsh!
Old 05-12-2002, 11:40 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by It wasn't me!
Bit harsh!
Bit harsh? I thought it was inane drivel.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 10-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Cleon
This barely deserves a reply.

Mullins is without doubt one of our most talented players. Yes he can be frustrating, but he gets everywhere. He tackles back, sets up attacks which he then supports in, providing a physical presence in midfield, and always works hard for the rest of the team. His versitility has helped us out on numerous occasions, and he's committed to CPFC. I'd like to see him signed on a long-term contract immediately. You won't find any player half as committed or as talented as Hayden Mullins for a poxy 1m.
What he said. Except about Gray - haven't quite worked out if I think he is uncommited or still suffering from injury. I'm swinging toward the 'uncomitted' idea at the moment, and wouldn't be particulary bothered to see him go - my only woirry is that on current form we wont get what he is worth ...
Old 10-12-2002, 11:55 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i'm sorry but you are talking out of your backside
mullins is a fantastic player, sometimes prone to the odd error but he is still a class act