Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 15-01-2003, 08:02 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Steve Sidwell

I read on the BBC website today that Reading have agreed a deal with Arsenal for Steve Sidwell. The initial fee is 75,000, with further payments based on appearances and promotion.

I'm probably in a minority on this one, but I think we should be trying to hijack this deal. Sidwell was on a season loan at Brentford last year, and looked the part in Division 2. This year, he has stepped up to Division 1 with Brighton (also on loan) and by all accounts has looked good at this level in a struggling side. He would add a lot to the squad for a very low fee, and wages are also likely to be reasonable. What's more, should the worst happen and we have to sell Mullins (which I obviously hope doesn't happen), then we have a replacement brought in beforehand, meaning we are not held to ransom by selling clubs. Obviously, the ideal situation would be to bring him in to compliment what we already have, meaning more competition for places and a better squad.

What does everyone else think on this one ?
Old 15-01-2003, 08:12 PM

Holmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Couldn't agree more. He's a local boy as well. Went to school in Sutton.
Old 15-01-2003, 08:16 PM

GreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreatGonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Plus how pissed off would Brighton be if he came to us now?
Old 15-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
I doubt there's any chance of it happening now...but who knows!
Old 15-01-2003, 08:23 PM
odious little scroat

Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad
What school did he go to?

Stoke want him as well.

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Old 15-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Banned by Moderators

freekickuk is playing for a contract
brighton fans are gutted he may be going lets nip in to p!ss them off
Old 15-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Digitally Remastered

What? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lets get him, i am Well up for that
Old 15-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell arussell
I saw him at Brentford last season and thought he looked alright. Scores goals from midfield and likes to get forward, something we are missing.

Can't believe that for a bargain price like that, that we AREN'T interested.

If Palace or Jordan do want to sell Mullins, he'd be an ideal cut price midfield replacement (plus he could play friends with his old Arsenal mates Black and Gray )
Old 15-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Digitally Remastered

What? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You cant go wrong for that price really. Espeacially a young guy like him, i hear Brighton have matched Prestons offer
Old 15-01-2003, 11:24 PM
Scribbler

Supa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSupa Ol : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It says on Ceefax that Brighton have matched Reading's offer. Let's beat it by a penny!
Old 16-01-2003, 12:40 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Agreed. Wouldn't say no...

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 16-01-2003, 08:05 AM

Holmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandHolmesdale is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally posted by c_block_lad
What school did he go to?
Sutton Grammar i think.
Old 16-01-2003, 11:06 AM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I rate him - look at how black and gray have come on in the last 12 months - sidwell is a good player - and for that sort of money he is well worth investing in for the future - we do have a number of strikers at the moment - but you can never have too many younsters coming through!
Old 16-01-2003, 11:17 AM

BenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weedBenCouchman is AJ vs the 'weed
He went to Woodcote High, played against him in a Surrey Cup final 7 years ago.

He is a very good player and would also be great to get one over on Brighton!
Old 16-01-2003, 11:21 AM

BenCouchman
CPIFC Star

Yeah right!
Old 16-01-2003, 11:38 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Coppell rates him very highly. I had thought he would be a good buy before this thread, but had assumed he was only available on loan. It would be madness not to go for him, so I am sure we won't.
Old 16-01-2003, 01:06 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Question - who do we drop to play him? Who do we stop paying to cover hsi wages? Might ot might not be a good player (never seen him), but what role would be fill at Palace? Doubt we can afford him (wages as well as fee) just to bulk up the squad.
Old 16-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Get him, get him, get him!
Old 16-01-2003, 03:26 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Beanie
Question - who do we drop to play him? Who do we stop paying to cover hsi wages? Might ot might not be a good player (never seen him), but what role would be fill at Palace? Doubt we can afford him (wages as well as fee) just to bulk up the squad.
I am assuming Mullins will go. If he stays, I agree Sidwell would be surplus to requirements.
Old 16-01-2003, 03:36 PM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
Now that Bryan Hughes loan move to Leicester has fallen foul of the Football League maybe Francis will go for him as part of a package to send Mullins to Brum. It's a thought.

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson