Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Edinburgh Festival

Greetings from Edinburgh!

This is the first time I have visited the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, and clearly I couldn't have picked a better time. The weather here is perfect (several degrees cooler than the oven temperatures in and around London) and the entertainment is first class.

Are there any other BBS-ers either here now or planning a visit?
Old 07-08-2003, 09:11 AM

Goldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGoldfish sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Sounds like a good play James.
Which instrument did Alex have to learn?
Old 07-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Al...Al, is that you Al?
Old 07-08-2003, 09:45 AM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Goldfish
Sounds like a good play James.
Which instrument did Alex have to learn?
The flute.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:30 PM
tie

mikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverermikebow is off to get a genome from the Club Shop. It's like a gnome, but cleverer

Last edited by mikebow; 27-10-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:19 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Be sure to visit the many Pleasance Theatres, all offering a wide range of entertainment from comedy to serious drama. (I'm a trustee of the organsiation, dontcha know...)
Old 07-08-2003, 10:45 PM

I visited the Pleasance this evening - Jason Byrne had me in stitches. Good venue.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM

I shall be going to the Fringe Festival again this year from 6 - 13 August. Anyone else on the BBS thinking of going along? any recommendations for shows etc?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I should be there the weekend of the 6/7 if you fancy a pint James. Not looked into any shows yet though
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
I should be there the weekend of the 6/7 if you fancy a pint James. Not looked into any shows yet though
Excellent - yes, that would be great.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:05 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Excellent - yes, that would be great.
Not at the point you reckon Still who cares

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Premiership 2019/20

rbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Went for the last week in 2010 and really enjoyed it despite not being a particularly arty sort of a bloke - planning the first week this year; the Pleasance is a great spot - sit drinking beers in the courtyard while deciding what to see out of hundreds of quality acts
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 PM

peter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeter.sutton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think John Osborne`s John Peel`s Shed may be on?

I saw it as part of the Brighton Fringe a couple of weeks ago and would recommend it.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Premiership 2019/20

rbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrbarmy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.sutton
I think John Osborne`s John Peel`s Shed may be on?

I saw it as part of the Brighton Fringe a couple of weeks ago and would recommend it.
To view the link you have to Register or Login - two for one on the 8th and 9th
Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'll be up there for the week before the bank holiday. Just ordered my programme.

Really looking forward to it. This will be the 3rd year we have been up there it is such a great place/time.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I shall be going to the Fringe Festival again this year from 6 - 13 August. Anyone else on the BBS thinking of going along? any recommendations for shows etc?
Certainly will, I'll be in attendance with Little Miss Megs, my boy has a few things going on...

To view the link you have to Register or Login

He's peforming for the whole month so not sure of dates we'll be there.
Old 13-06-2011, 08:52 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
I will be up 2nd - 6th, I think
Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
I will be up 2nd - 6th, I think
That's a shame - we are going to miss each other.

I'll be setting off by train on Friday. I hope to see a few of you there.

My programme:

Saturday 6: Paul Foot + best of the Fest
Sunday 7: Andrew Maxwell + see below
Monday 8: Dave Gorman + Henning Wehn
Tuesday 9: Imran Yusuf + Tom Strade + Showstopper!
Wednesday 10: Fred MacAuley
Thursday 11: Ed Byrne + Jason Byrne
Friday 12: Sarah Millican + Chris Ramsey.

and Hilltop Meggie's offspring on Sunday 7.

Let me know if you might be there and I shall send you my mobile number by PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
A BBS'er will be performing up there.

Good luck Teddy.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Over the hill.

Hilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not sayHilltop Meggie knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
A BBS'er will be performing up there.

Good luck Teddy.

Do share...