Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:27 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
John Hartson

Well Trolley seems to be hinting at this with his 'inside' knowledge - although I've never seem him get anything right apart from stating the bleeding obvious!

Saying that though, I saw on the BBC site today that Hartson may be sold in the transfer window so maybe there could be something in it....

Personally, I would rather not see him in a Palace shirt.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:39 AM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Exactley what we need, I'd definately be happy with it.

Spike Milligan
Old 09-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i would have thought both transfer fee & wages would be too much
Old 09-12-2004, 12:00 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
No way will he come to Palace. Come on people lets be realistic here, yes we're Premiership but these players will be wanted by teams with a higher pedigree than us.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:02 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
i would have thought both transfer fee & wages would be too much
He's not getting any younger so I can't see the fee being that ridiculous.
Just the type of player AJ would feed off. Would be a good move IMO.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:04 PM

Palace Please is playing for a contract
Don't really see he can offer that much more than Shipps?

If were are going to revert to the tactics needed for Hartson to prosper, we may as well give up!

Hartson is a fat pie muncher, always has been, always will be.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:07 PM

Asterisk is playing for a contract
I'd put him in the same catagory as Dennis Wise and Lee Bowyer as players I would hate to see in Palace shirt.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:08 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by eagles #1
No way will he come to Palace. Come on people lets be realistic here, yes we're Premiership but these players will be wanted by teams with a higher pedigree than us.
In this case I don't think so.

Hartson is no spring chicken so the big clubs will not be interested. If he does return to the prem it will be the likes of ourselves and the Boltons, Blackburns and Southamptons (Especially if they cash in on Beattie) that will be looking for this type of player. Hartson will probably go for the best deal offered so it would depend on what we offered. Like him or loathe him, he's strong, hard, committed and knows where the goal is.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:10 PM

Palace Please is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Asterisk
I'd put him in the same catagory as Dennis Wise and Lee Bowyer as players I would hate to see in Palace shirt.
Totally Agree!!!!!
Old 09-12-2004, 12:10 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Radders
In this case I don't think so.

Hartson is no spring chicken so the big clubs will not be interested. If he does return to the prem it will be the likes of ourselves and the Boltons, Blackburns and Southamptons (Especially if they cash in on Beattie) that will be looking for this type of player. Hartson will probably go for the best deal offered so it would depend on what we offered. Like him or loathe him, he's strong, hard, committed and knows where the goal is.
I think you will find (sadly) that until we 'establish' ourselves in the Prem everyone will choose those teams over us.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Sorted out and slung out

La Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: John Hartson

Quote:
Originally posted by The Omen
Personally, I would rather not see him in a Palace shirt.
If it is true ... luckily for Hartson that Diadora's shirt sizes are ample
Old 09-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bit of a thug, but he might prove to be just what we need short-term ie: physical presence up front. Of course, it wouldn't be a Sussex Eagle post in the Transfer Hotline if I didn't mention that Nathan Ellington would be approximately 100 times better.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Hmmmmmm.

Could be prolific, could be a mess.

Would rather buy Ashton.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:19 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Originally posted by eagles #1
I think you will find (sadly) that until we 'establish' ourselves in the Prem everyone will choose those teams over us.
Possibly, I think it will depend more on what is on offer rather than who is offering it. This may mean he is considered "mercenary" but if he scored 5 goals and set up 5 for AJ that kept us up I wouldn't give a monkeys!
Old 09-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby
Would rather buy Ashton.
For 5m or whatever Gradi wants for him ?!

I wouldn't mind seeing Hartson at CPFC. Wages would be v. high though...plus, would he really want to come to us ?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace Please
Don't really see he can offer that much more than Shipps?
Hehe....are you serious?

Hartson is a quality player, with a proven record at a high level and is capped for his country many times. I'd estimate he's about 4,000,000 times better than Shipps.

If he was interested I would be very keen on this. He'd offer us a real presence up front and AJ would have a field day playing off him. I think the wages would be a massive problem though.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:33 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Radders
Possibly, I think it will depend more on what is on offer rather than who is offering it. This may mean he is considered "mercenary" but if he scored 5 goals and set up 5 for AJ that kept us up I wouldn't give a monkeys!
And you dont think those teams would be offering more than we would?
Old 09-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Always Feeling Crapulent

Ballon is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo
[B

I wouldn't mind seeing Hartson at CPFC. Wages would be v. high though...plus, would he really want to come to us ? [/B]
He would look better in our vertical stripes that Celtics horizontal - should sell it to him!

Old 09-12-2004, 12:38 PM

Igor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansIgor Iconic is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
I would welcome whoever ID brings in. Not sure we need Hartson though if we have Torghelle already.

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn" - Samuel Johnson
Old 09-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Would certainly do a job for us, can't see us agreeing terms though. I think he'll end up at somewhere like Spurs, they're crying out for a bulldozer type striker.